PDA

View Full Version : I have bangs!!!

Kaelee
February 20th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I never thought I'd have straight across bangs, but I woke up this morning and my hair was just hanging that way on it's own, and I loved it! So I cut them. :D

They're still kind of weird because my hair isn't used to NOT parting in the middle. :lol:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/001_zpsf93b612e.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/001_zpsf93b612e.jpg.html)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/002_zps8853ab82.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/002_zps8853ab82.jpg.html)

I love them!!!! :D

Magalo
February 20th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Haha, yes they are trying to part. :lol: I blowdry mine every day with a round brush to give them volume. You should do it for a couple of days at least so they get used to dry that way. :) Bangs make updos so much prettier!!!

Kaelee
February 20th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Haha, yes they are trying to part. :lol: I blowdry mine every day with a round brush to give them volume. You should do it for a couple of days at least so they get used to dry that way. :) Bangs make updos so much prettier!!!

I would except I don't own a blowdryer! :lol:

HaileComfort
February 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Everything she says!! :) I love bangs with an updo, nice to have something to style in the front.

When I went in for a trim about a month ago and after she trimmed up my bangs, my hairdresser pulled forward and trimmed a tiny amount of hair at each of my temples. Without asking me, and at first I was COMPLETELY HORRIFIED - I mean, does she realize how long those inch long hairs will take to grow out!??? But it turns out I like them too, it's just a teeny tiny amount of hair, a little extra face-framing at the sides.

Anyway - congrats on your bangs! I think they are awesome!

butterfly_dream
February 20th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Cute! I love your bangs. They really sweet you, although they are trying to part. ;)

mrs_coffee
February 20th, 2014, 11:02 AM
They look super cute on you!

Nadine <3
February 20th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Cute! I love my bangs too! :)

Stiria
February 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
They look great on you!

Kelli Kat
February 20th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Very cute. When I had straight across bangs, at night I would put a sponge roller in them to help them learn not to part and give them a little volume.

ExpectoPatronum
February 20th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the club! They'll stop parting that way after you wash them a few times :) They look great.

Auburndreaming
February 20th, 2014, 11:30 AM
if you comb your bangs how you want them while they're damp they should stop the parting in no time, they suit you lots! I have to stop looking at other people with bangs or itll make me cut mine back in! haha :)

Macaroni
February 20th, 2014, 12:03 PM
They look terrific, I wish I could have bangs.

Scarlet_Heart
February 20th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Very cute, Kaelee! I would love to have bangs, but I have a crazy widow's peak. :( They look nice on you!

Wosie
February 20th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Very cute, Kaelee! I would love to have bangs, but I have a crazy widow's peak. :( They look nice on you!

Wouldn't the widow's peak be a neat reason to get a fringe in the first place? :o At least for me, that's one of the best reasons, as I wouldn't have to see a streak (the hair in the widow's peak) hang lower and thus get greasier faster than the rest of the hair when it is parted. :hmm:

ErinLeigh
February 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM
They look so cute. This is making it harder for me to resist cutting my own!
I think changing up a look is a good thing. I am glad you are pleased with them and i do agree they will add some interest to updos.

earthybee
February 20th, 2014, 01:57 PM
They look great on you!!

SkyChild
February 20th, 2014, 02:05 PM
They're so cute!
Just brush with a round brush while they're drying without a blowdrier and they'll get the hint eventually

joflakes
February 20th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Aww, cute! Bangs rock, but sometimes they need to be told their place and trained a little. Be sure to comb them when wet and make sure they dry in the right place and you'll be fine in no time. :)

jacqueline101
February 20th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I love them. Mine did that when I first cut bangs years ago. I was like you I didn't have a blow dryer so I waited until they grew a bit and the part went away.

Kaelee
February 20th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys! I got TONS of compliments today. I'm really surprised. I guess it is a huge change from my usual face framing bangs.

Natalia
February 20th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Squeee! So brave! I am 90% sure im getting bangs again in a few weeks so this is super exciting! Lol yeah that awkward stage when the part gets really exaggerated because there isn't as much weight to the shorter bangs I remember that. Mine never entirely went away in the few years I had bangs but it got better and I got used to it

Micayla47
February 20th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Adorable! I like bangs because they're youthful and they add something interesting around my face when I wear my hair up, which is 95% of the time.