PDA

View Full Version : Grow your hair campaign

morningstar
September 11th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Ok this not something official but something I cooked up while I was in the shower. Yes I do my best thinking in the shower.

What if we started a campaign to "grow your hair"? I mean we could get more people to start growing their hair and I especially women over 40. You know, that number that keeps us gals in check so to speak.

I was thinking of Sarah Palins' hair. I am drawn to her style (hair only) and love her energy (not voting that way though...:eyebrows:) What I love though is her energy and unusual looks for the VP.

What I am getting at is this: Whether she is voted for or not her looks are popping up as we speak. I think now is the time for a long hair campaign. I am talking about getting more and more people to realize their long hair dreams.

Why should I care you might ask? Well I guess it is this: More long hairs in society is good because (they) will develop more products for us and there will be more hair toy makers. People will be more accepting of long hairs and the hair can once more be thought of as a thing of beauty and not just a crop to be harvested (LOL cutters)

Ok now here is what I think should happen.
Call your local newspaper. Tell them you think there should be a story about long hair and growing it and the care and styling of it.
We probably should not mention LHC without permission of Steph etc... but could say something like there is info out on the web... I don't look at this as a LHC project but as a real grow your hair and how to for those that forgot. Newspapers are full of stuff like this. They could find men and women and children that have long hair and interview them for these stories. These are human interest. If would also be informative to tell people about more natural hair care recipes and or styles to care for it as it grows.

I guess it is because more long hairs are popping up again after the 90's shorter crops.

I also thought of tee shirts that said things like:
Growing it long
or
Long hair good care
or
Locks i Love
or
I love long hair.

Ok so whos' with me? I think it is a good thing that long hair is coming back.

EvaSimone
September 11th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Pretty neat idea! I don't know if the newspapers will bite but it's a good idea and worth a try.

Anyone else with us??? :eyebrows:

morningstar
September 11th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Pretty neat idea! I don't know if the newspapers will bite but it's a good idea and worth a try.

Anyone else with us??? :eyebrows:

The reason I thought they would bite is that in the editorial pages there are so many stories about ...stuff. Now that Sarah Palin has been elected VP nominee I thought about jumping on the bandwagon so to speak and letting uniformed folks know hair is good.

Now if you call your editorial editor and tell them you think you have an idea for a story they might find it interesting. I think they are always looking for interesting stories. :cheese:

Cereus
September 11th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I have noticed Ms Palin and Ms McCain with their longish locks in the news. I was hoping it would help older women to realize that they can have long hair. It also made me realize that it isn't that older women can't have long hair, it's just what is in style. I think the change is happening!

MsBubbles
September 11th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I was thinking recently that all this hair-extension 'cheating' could actually help more people expect to see long hair, and so maybe take it easy on us over-40s. Every famous woman wears fake hair, or somebody else's real hair these days, seems like.

chrissy-b
September 11th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I think it's a good idea and I think more women should feel good about having hair over forty. There should be less stigma against it and I hope this idea opens people's eyes. I also like the idea of better quality and more abundant hair care items.

But I also really like the fact that long hair is rare. It is unique to see someone with glorious long locks, it's like you just found a single unbroken sea shell on a well-combed beach. I kinda like the smaller community of long hairs because it makes the time and energy you took growing it out all the more special.

I'm torn. :shrug:

Good luck in your venture! :toast:

longhairedfairy
September 11th, 2008, 10:14 PM
That would be cool:)

psycho
September 11th, 2008, 10:37 PM
This sounds like a really neat idea! Yes, women over 40...and men of all ages. Men have been my primary "grow long" focus because so many of them would look SO good with long hair and a lot seem to think long=feminine. I have a friend in Uruguay who was always complaining about his hair because it always stuck up straight, etc., and he didn't like it at all. After much encouragement from me he finally grew it out to his shoulders and LOVED it...and you wouldn't believe just how good that very thick, wavy black hair looked on him ;).

For older women...seriously, I haven't seen much hair that looks better than long grey hair. All these women I know that cut theirs short for whatever reason, then eventually they all have the same cropped and curly look you see in every nursing home. One of my ex-coworkers had BSL-length grey hair and it looked so good! There's also a librarian here that I've known most of my life whose hair is longer than floor-length.

Even younger women...everyone seems to think short is the way to go, why is that? I know a lot of people who had long hair and got frustrated with it after numerous colorings, permings and daily blow-frying and cut it off, perhaps proper hair care needs to be stressed more...

dorothea-brooke
September 11th, 2008, 11:11 PM
I think it's a swell idea!

And I just want to say that this part is so adorable:

More long hairs in society is good because (they) will develop more products for us and there will be more hair toy makers.

Heee! Amen to that, sister. :D

Stacy_E
September 12th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I really like the t-shirt idea, you have some great slogans there. I might mull over the idea of making up a t-shirt design to print. I also think we "awaken" and possibly inspire by our own example. I'm trying to do my part, just by being over 40 and nurturing my growing silver-dusted locks. LHC membership is growing like hotcakes, and it seems the change is happening on its own.

FrannyG
September 12th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I love it! I'd like to see slogans about women over 40 with long hair too! I know too many women who literally cut off their hair at 35 or 40, because they think they have to.

Hair Liberation For Over 40's!!! :thumbsup:

(You're so dang cute, Morningstar!)

Eden Iris
September 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
To paraphrase M. K. Gandhi: "Grow the long hair you wish to see in the world."

Little_Bird
September 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM
This is a big thing... I do a very large propaganda with long hair hehe... I tend to be contagious but sometimes people around me cut their long hair... I don't know why lol

It's a good idea, I wish you the best luck with it!!

Xanthippe
September 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Sounds like it could catch on! Maybe I'll make a bumper sticker for my car or a decal that says something about long hair.

Heh :lol:

girlcat36
September 12th, 2008, 03:20 PM

Like it!!!