PDA

View Full Version : Double crown and hair part

diddiedaisy
February 19th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I have a double crown which is on the right side. However I part my hair on the left. I find though that by the end of day and in the morning I get a sort of cow lick effect at my crown.

I think my natural part may be in the middle (which is where my crown starts). I don't remember wearing my part any other than the left side though.

My question is am I going completely against what my hair would like to do? I don't like a middle part but would my hair fall better if my part was on the same side as my crown? Obviously at the moment when I put it there it feels wierd and wrong somehow, but my hair looks fuller oddly enough.

What at should I do?????

spidermom
February 19th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Quit parting your hair in the same place all the time. Experiment.

Haven't you noticed that people who part their hair in the same place all the time get wider parts over time. It's sort of like walking the same trail all the time.

Squiggy
February 19th, 2014, 12:52 PM
My daughter has a double crown, too, and the same sort of cow-lick look you describe. Her crowns go opposite directions, each toward the inside of her head, so they never really lay flat. But her hair naturally parts very deeply on the left side of her head, almost in line with the outside edge of her eyebrow. I can part her hair in different places and it doesn't really make any difference in how the crowns lie.

Like Spidermom says, just experiment with different parts and see what suits your face. Middle, just off middle, deep to one side. You may find that none really make your crowns lie any better, or you may find one that works great. The only thing we have found that really helps to keep them flat is blowdrying them down. But since she's only 3 and doesn't really care how the back of her head looks, we don't really bother.