PDA

View Full Version : Where exactly is tailbone and how do you know you've reached it?

Leslieslsa
February 18th, 2014, 07:25 PM
I know I am close. I am a little past BCL. I just don't know exactly where tailbone is.. Stupid, I know, but can anyone clearly show or explain it to me so I will know when I have hit it?

Michiru
February 18th, 2014, 09:29 PM
I consider it the last bone in the spine. But I'm interested to see what others will say.

Magalo
February 18th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Touch it... It's the pointy tip at the very bottom. If you sit on a chair your hair should touch the chair, unless your bottom is veeeery generous.

HairFaerie
February 18th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Yup, I always figured it as last bone at the bottom of the spine. It's only a little ways down the butt crack on me (sorry if that's TMI)! Everyone is probably different though. Just feel for the last bone and you've hit it! :)

Hatsune Miku
February 18th, 2014, 11:06 PM
You can actually feel your tailbone. Just search around for it a bit and it will be the bone that sticks out just below your cheeks. :p

0xalis
February 19th, 2014, 12:33 AM
For me, TBL and BCL are almost the exact same length. I tend to say TBL because it sounds less "dirty" :p But yeah, you should be able to feel it. I actually fractured/injured (i have no idea but it hurt for MONTHS!) it once so I knew very well where it was :/

Achlys
February 19th, 2014, 03:11 AM
From BCL to TBL is about 2,25" on me, and then another 2,75" to classic. Sounds like a short distance, but I guess that's because I'm quite tiny.

It's hard to imagine BCL and TBL being the same length for me... :hmm:

bunzfan
February 19th, 2014, 03:59 AM
No where near yet but,on me there is only a inch between bcl and tbl but I'm short.

picklepie
February 19th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Ha, for a long time I thought BCL was "before classic length". Which sounded very euphemistic, but for the life of me I didn't know whet else it could be! :P

Leslieslsa
February 19th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks everyone, it seems I am about exact one inch from tailbone. I am past BCL.

bekstamonkey
February 19th, 2014, 07:55 PM
This thread had me digging around in my butt crack to identify my tailbone (LHC must be the only place where such a statement would be understood without gasps of astonishment and disgust...lol)...three inches away for me.

cathair
February 19th, 2014, 07:59 PM
This thread might help :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119061

Michiru
February 19th, 2014, 10:33 PM
OK I really liked that picture in the link cathair posted but what is BL? I thought I had heard of every length at this point. I only wished it included classic(bottom of butt right?) and finger tip. I'm saving that image.

Leslieslsa
February 20th, 2014, 02:31 PM
OK I really liked that picture in the link cathair posted but what is BL? I thought I had heard of every length at this point. I only wished it included classic(bottom of butt right?) and finger tip. I'm saving that image.

Do you mean what is BCL? It is short for "butt crack length" lol. So it starts right when your hair hits your butt crack.

Michiru
February 20th, 2014, 09:52 PM
I don't think that's it. It's below tailbone. Right at the crotch.

cathair
February 20th, 2014, 09:57 PM
I think BL might be butt length? But I think more people here would call that CL (classic length). It's not my favorite picture that one, it misses off BSL too, but it does show things in relation to your skeleton.

This one has more standard length markers on it:

http://www.hairfinder.com/info/hair-length-chart.gif

Michiru
February 20th, 2014, 10:16 PM
OK thanks!

divinedobbie
February 20th, 2014, 10:16 PM
This thread had me digging around in my butt crack to identify my tailbone (LHC must be the only place where such a statement would be understood without gasps of astonishment and disgust...lol)...three inches away for me.

I can't stop laughing at this. So true!