PDA

View Full Version : The instyler. This thing looks terrifying.

ArienEllariel
February 18th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I dunno about y'all but moving parts + long hair sounds incredibly scary to me. Here's a vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3B5ju7Qsm0) of someone using one. I just can't see how this'd be a good idea.

redredrobin
February 18th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Edit: sorry I thought you were talking about something different, that curl thing that sucks your hair in and pings it out in a curl.

Sillage
February 18th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Ugh. I cannot deal with this chick. I had to watch the video with the sound off.

Anyway, it looks really tedious to use

Jumper
February 18th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I've tried a friends once. It works pretty well to straighten. I doubt it does much more damage than a regular straightener.

Monkshood
February 18th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Ugh. I cannot deal with this chick. I had to watch the video with the sound off.

Right? How annoying is she? I could only make it though about 15 seconds of that video. Both the device and the girl's persona are terrifying.

Firefox7275
February 18th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Lets hope that YouTuber doesn't read this thread.

Monkshood
February 18th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I doubt she would care. She's obviously "acting" in her videos... At least, I hope so.

Rio040113
Yeah, I don't think I'd use it :lol:

redredrobin
Right? How annoying is she? I could only make it though about 15 seconds of that video. Both the device and the girl's persona are terrifying.

Aw, I thought she was funny and sweet. And loud :D

Sillage
February 18th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Aw, I thought she was funny and sweet. And loud :D

LOL too loud for me!

I don't like the loud/over enthusiastic brand of comedy. I'm sure she's a nice person but I can't deal with it... it's like nails on a chalkboard for me.

JessicaAnn
February 18th, 2014, 02:08 PM
The product looks kind of terrifying, but that gal is hysterical. I may have to watch her other videos.

Carolyn
February 18th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I loved mine but sadly I stepped on it and snapped it in two. I've been thinking about getting another one but they are kind of pricey. The best deal I've found is to get a 20% off one item coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond. I didn't think it was very damaging at all for occasional use. It was great for getting my annoying waves to be straight for a day.

spidermom
February 18th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I was a'skeered before she demonstrated the device!

Tini'sNewHair
February 18th, 2014, 03:56 PM
OMG HAHAHAHA Shes scary!!!! All i see is her scary animated face.

EDIT ALERT I just couldnt help myself so i went ahead and watched a few more of her videos - I LIKE THIS GIRL HAHAHAHA Shes funny and shes helpful - I do admit that i did skip her talking at times becauses I just wanted to see how the product worked.

Edit (again) I just had to slap myself for being so judgmental on someone appearance, we all look different and shes allowed to do whatever she wants (shes not hurting anyone).

ExpectoPatronum
February 18th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I didn't even have to click the link to know who you guys were talking about. How sad is that?

MeowScat
February 18th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I was cringing when her hair was clamped in that hair torture device! Maybe it's just me, but I felt like she might as well dunk her hair into a frying pan. All that steam! And, it rotates! I imagine my hair turning into a ball of fried knots.

Yikes!! :scared:

Nadine <3
February 18th, 2014, 04:31 PM
LOL, I knew you guys where talking about Bunny before I clicked the link. I love her!

I would never use that thing in my hair though. Scary

HairFaerie
February 18th, 2014, 04:39 PM
The more I watched, the more I liked her! I think she's rather endearing! Her eyes are beautiful!

I watched this one too: http://youtu.be/1CNrA6frdVk The Top Styler.

I am going to watch more of her videos! She's hilarious!

NoRush
February 18th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Lol, I kinda love her actually but the hair thing is scary... especially the "crackling sound" bit... XD

schnibbles
February 18th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I think she's great, her "Hot Buns" video is hilarious.

MinderMutsig
February 18th, 2014, 05:41 PM
That thing is seriously one of the most terrifying hair things I've ever seen except for the one thatsucks in you hair and spits out a fried curl.

0xalis
February 19th, 2014, 01:08 AM
That thing is horrifying. D: I've seen this girl before, she's humourous.

I think she's great, her "Hot Buns" video is hilarious.

Hot buns! that was the other one I'd seen! :laugh:

NuclearApple
February 19th, 2014, 01:55 AM
I already have seen this girl before this video and she's funny i think :)
That thing doesn't scare me that much, but i don't wanna think about "people who use that every day"'s hair...

spirals
February 19th, 2014, 02:36 AM
"We are just havin' a hootenanny!" LMBO!

HazelBug
February 19th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I couldn't stop watching. :agape:

And the hair thing looked rather scary! I wouldn't use one!

ositarosita
February 19th, 2014, 12:29 PM
STILL DOESN'T SCARE ME AS MUCH AS THE SPLIT ENDER ... trim every hair on your head with a razor.. so the circumference of every hair is bigger so you can be prone to more split ends... yeah don't think so

She scares me

HairFaerie
February 19th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I like the fact that she reviews these "As Seen on TV" things and it's cool to see someone "real" use them instead of the TV ads where everything looks awesome and it makes you want to buy it. A lot of the stuff is garbage that doesn't even work! I agree the "Hot Bunz" review of hers is hilarious! She reviews a lot of hair related items. I am going to watch some more of her videos right now. She makes me laugh!

AspenSong
February 19th, 2014, 12:38 PM
I personally wouldn't put the InStyler near my hair now, however as a teenager I'd have been all over it.
I do however love Bunny. I have watched so many of her videos it's not funny. I think she's over the top a bit on purpose because if you watch older videos, she's much more quiet or interviews with her. She seems sweet and quirky to me personally and I always feel like she's someone I'd be friends with because I am definitely drawn to the quirky people! lol

ErinLeigh
February 19th, 2014, 12:45 PM
430 degrees on wet hair does not sound good. And this is from someone who doesn't fear heat.
Crackling sounds? Nooooo

I had to turn my volume down to watch but watch I did!
I remember wanting one of these many years ago but since I longer straighten I forgot about them.
This looks very damaging. I wonder if wet to dry is more damaging? It seems it would be. Anyone know for sure?

She reviews all as seen on TVs? I gotta watch. I'm addicted to as seen in tv products.

Scarlet_Heart
February 19th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Check out the "MiraCurl" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqfN1wAbsrI) and the "AirCurler" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9We9zMgw9jE)! shudder:

ETA: I've watched that girl's videos before and I find them to be really helpful. I wish I would have watched her videos before I bought the Hot Buns and Curlformers. :undecided

Lyv
February 19th, 2014, 01:17 PM
I could never use that thing it just looks like it would do horrible things. I love Bunny I think she's hilarious and I think if some of you watched more of her videos you'd see how unscary she is, she actually seems like a really sweet person just loud and kinda weird lol.

jacqueline101
February 19th, 2014, 01:57 PM
After the video reviews I'm not going to watch it. I've seen my neighbor use it's not that great of a product. She has had her caught in it. I thought the infomercial looked like it was put on.

Kina
February 19th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I have one, my sister gave it to me. it's great for when i want to run around with 1C (even with high heat, can't get it to 1A) but I use it maybe once or twice a year? It takes a long time to blow dry my hair, and even longer to straighten it with non heat method, so this is good if I want to change my look. Truth is, i'm too lazy to use it more than once or twice a year :D.

I'm sure if I used it more frequently, it would definetly damage my hair, but only from the heat. Mechanically speaking, it doesn't work well unless your hair is detangled and relatively smooth, the barrel turns while the brush holds it in place. It's EXACTLy like blow drying your hair with a brush, but you only need one hand for it.

Hootenanny
February 19th, 2014, 06:23 PM
"We are just havin' a hootenanny!" LMBO!

I already loved Bunny. But now I may have to propose to her. :rolling::rolling::rolling:

ErinLeigh
February 19th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Her curlformer video had me laughing. I have always wanted to try those until today.

RapunzelKat
February 19th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Oh my, my hair would eat that thing. Like, consume it. It would not be the first time my hair has eaten a styling device. :lol:

I find her hilarious, I'd already seen the Hot Buns video too. I may have to watch some more, her facial expressions crack me up. :rollin:

bekstamonkey
February 19th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Count me as another Bunny fan. Hilarious. Her video reviews are priceless.

spirals
February 20th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Curformers: the thing kept breaking off! So funny. I just watched the soda stream one last night; she was just as afraid of that thing as I am. If you get a chance to watch the boyfriend tag, it is really cute. Anyway, I wish I could use heat appliances like she does and get little damage. She says her hair is coarse, so I suppose it can take it. That's good, 'cause her vids are great.

Sterlyn
February 21st, 2014, 11:57 AM
Not sure about the device, I find the thought of putting something mechanical that spins directly on my hair a bit scary, have visions of it catching hair and winding it right to the scalp, ouch. The smoke/steam seems about what you get with hot tools. It does seem to work based on her video and what others here have said, but LOL I think I will pass on that one.

I found the girl entertaining to watch, although maybe she should cut back on her caffeine intake a little :p.

Anje
February 21st, 2014, 05:04 PM
OK, I think I'm officially a Bunny fan now, even if I do have to turn down the volume. The rotating hair device, not so much.

Chiquita Banana
February 21st, 2014, 06:12 PM
Oh my - I just couldn't watch more than a few seconds of the video. I was too overwhelmed by the girl. I'm sure she's lovely, just a bit too much energy for this introvert to handle. lol

Dark Rosaleen
February 21st, 2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah, definitely not interested in the frightening product, but I do like Bunny. Her videos crack me up. So sassy.

shutterpillar
February 21st, 2014, 06:48 PM
I made it through the entire video and that thing looks terrifying.

You know who the girl in the video reminds me of? Gilbert Gottfried. I'm not entirely sure why, but she does. And she seems to suck me in.... for the first 15 seconds I was completely repulsed by the loudness and the persona, but as time went on it was like.... I don't know. Like it was so much sensory overload in the first few seconds that as time went on I eventually got de-sensitized? LOL. I have no idea. I'd watch more of her videos for the sheer fact that it's interesting to see a "real person" demonstrate these As Seen On TV products.

dulce
February 22nd, 2014, 09:27 AM
I would be afraid of the long term damage to hair by using this gadget often.

organicmoon
February 22nd, 2014, 02:29 PM
I have one tried it, kinda of impatient so I gave it to my mom who has above shoulder length hair and it gives her lots of body. My hair has some wave but when I try to use anything to give it curl it just wont hold no matter what products I put on it. Since I never blow dry my hair let alone style it particularly I didn't care for it and I got a couple years ago for about $50. I wouldn't waste your money unless you have shorter hair or lots of patients and hairspray.

cat11
February 22nd, 2014, 06:06 PM
I love her videos shes so funny!

I would never use that now but back when I used to spend like an hour at least straightening my hair I would have loved it

dancingpoet
February 22nd, 2014, 07:08 PM
I have an instyler. I never really used it too much- it was more when my hair was shorter and it made the layers look nicer. I used it mostly to get the ends to curl under or whichever direction I wanted. It's not as scary as it looks- as long as it's used correctly, I'm sure it would be fine, but as with all heat devices, it's just better to keep the usage to a minimum.

jessie58
February 22nd, 2014, 08:20 PM
To be honest, I didn't watch the video and there are tons of Instyler vids on You Tube. In any case, I have had one for a few years and use it now and again. It makes my hair extremely smooth and shiny and people rave about the finished look. I'm a curly with plenty of frizz and here's a few of my Instyler pics.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jessie58/instyler1_zps0033a5f4.jpg (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/jessie58/media/instyler1_zps0033a5f4.jpg.html)
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jessie58/Instyler3_zps49f47bdb.jpg (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/jessie58/media/Instyler3_zps49f47bdb.jpg.html)
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jessie58/instyler5_zps80db3de2.jpg (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/jessie58/media/instyler5_zps80db3de2.jpg.html)

jessie58
February 22nd, 2014, 08:21 PM
Forgot to say that it has never eaten my hair or fried it.