PDA

View Full Version : Hair hair! My two years at LHC

Ocelan
February 18th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Well well, it seems I've been a part of this lovely community for 2 years now. I started with dyed dark brown and heavily layered BSL-ish hair and now I am about 2 inches below hip. In fact I was nearly at this point or an inch below hip last year too, but I spent the past year micro-trimming off the layers and old damage. I cut off more than 12 cm (or 5 inches) of hair in that time and now started the new year with a new and improved hemline with no intention to trim at all this year. I plan to grow to my final goal just a bit below TBL or at 100 cm (40 inches) of hair where I will maintain possibly forever but atleast until my layers are gone.

I know you are all anxiously waiting for the pictures so here's about gazillion of them as is tradition in these anniversary posts:

This is me when I joined. No, my hair didn't usually look THAT bad although there was damage but on top of that I had been experimenting with the BS/ACV washing method (it did not work) and going a bit overboard with daily oiling. This was before I realised my hair can take about 1 drop of oil alltogether, 2 drops makes it looks greasy.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3382&d=1364023685

I reached waist in May 2012, hip in December 2012 and like I say, have been hovering below that ever since. After reaching hip length I started my layer eradication project aka micro-trimming. Here's a photo collage of my hair during that year where you can see both hair growth and my dye demarcation line moving down (you can see a monthly pictures with the trims listed in my album (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=11041&attachmentid=7298)):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8280&d=1387389585

After the last photo in that collage I had my mom trim off about 2 inches last Christmas day, which resulted in this hemline and brought me back to just an inch below hip:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8492&d=1388578827

And now we are here two inches below hip. My goal length is around the bottom of my top here and it actually seems attainable by the end of this year! (Nevel mind the weird looking gap in my hair. It doesn't actually exist but is an illusion thanks to me not brushing the hair well enough...)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9243&d=1392579993

Also I have now been dye-free since the end of year 2011 so that's over 2 years! This is where I started when I had just joined:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3389&d=1364024447

And this is where I am now. The demarcation line is quite visible in natural light. After being dye-free for over 2 years I did put some chemicals on my head (or rather my length) again. I tried to get the rest of the faded dye out with Color B4 and I managed to some extent, but the red tones still stayed like glue. However I am much happier with this than the very dark bits that were at the ends before those treatments. It left my hair a bit dry, but I will work on that and will not put any more chemicals on my head.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9240&d=1392579708

Thanks for reading/looking! :)

Auburndreaming
February 18th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Loved looking at those pictures, you have wonderful hair, it's so inspiring seeing how much colour you have grown out as well as that is what I'm doing at the moment. Great progress! Congrats! :)

Mellybee
February 18th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Oooh your hair is lovely!

I'm very jealous of your length! Well done for staying away from dyes for so long. I know it can be hard.

I love the last picture of you in the snow... really very pretty

lapushka
February 18th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Very nice progress, Ocelan! :)
Your hair looks gorgeous at hip right now!

LauraLongLocks
February 18th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Great pictures! Your hemline has really become much thicker, too. Very inspiring!

SleepyTangles
February 18th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Your hair is so pretty, thanks for sharing! Happy anniversary :D

browneyedsusan
February 18th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Very pretty!

I love that you included the over-oiled pic, --everybody's hair looks like that sometimes!-- and the picture in the snow is so pretty! I love the color and wispy ends. :)

Micayla47
February 18th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Your hair is beautiful! The dye demarcation is barely noticeable and the texture looks very soft and healthy.

jacqueline101
February 18th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Your hair has improved since you joined. It's a lot healthier looking and thicker.

RapunzelKat
February 18th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Ocelan, your hair looks great! :)
Congrats on your anniversary, and thank you for sharing your pictures!

Ocelan
February 18th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Thanks all for your lovely comments! :)

Oh and those wispy layered ends in the last picture (BSL to waist length) are the same wispy things that used to be face framing layers in the very first picture (chin to nearly APL length). So there is proof of the growth that has been cut off!

bunzfan
February 18th, 2014, 10:51 AM
very inspirational its grown so much and i know all that micro trimming can be a thankless task sometimes when you still want to gain length. I do think it looks fantastic now you've got rid of a lot of the layers on and upwards to the no trimming we can both make out goals for next year :toast:

JessicaAnn
February 18th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Just lovely! What a wonderful journey, thank you for sharing. I keep thinking with my own hair that I really love it between BSL and WL, but seeing all this lovely long hair makes me think about growing it even longer again.

Crumpet
February 18th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Wow, you look amazing with your natural color! Beautiful hair and wonderful progress. Congrats!

I'm also microtriming out my layers and I'm at about waist. Its good to have inspiration for this. My goal is about the same as yours.

divinedobbie
February 18th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Wow your hair looks lovely :). Your natural colour is very pretty.

I've always thought I'd grow my hair to waist and maintain but after spending some time on LHC I've been thinking hips and your pictures have definitely tugged me in that direction.

Yozhik
February 18th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Your hair is so pretty, Ocelan! I always enjoy your posts and photos! :heart:

Happy anniversary, and here's to even greater lengths in 2014! :flower:

Rio040113
February 18th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Beautiful :)

TrapperCreekD
February 18th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Amazing! :crush:

AmberlynAsh
February 18th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Happy hair anniversary!! Nice work keep it up! I really like your natural color it's beautiful :D

veryhairyfairy
February 19th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Wow, congrats on two years!
I'm so impressed at the improvement in your hair! It's a completely different head of hair from even a year ago, and your natural color is just lovely honey goodness. :toast:

duchess67
February 19th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Congrats! It's wonderful to see the pics, looks amazing :) Can't wait for my hair to reach waist length and to see how it looks.

Ocelan
February 19th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Thank you oh good people! :)

Tini'sNewHair
February 19th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Stunning!! All that work is paying off :) congratulations!

ladylowtide
February 19th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Gorgeous! I love your natural color too!

Ambystoma
February 20th, 2014, 05:07 AM
You've made such great progress! Your natural colour is so beautiful - I'm glad you managed to get the old dye to fade so well, and your ends are looking so good now too!

joflakes
February 20th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Gorgeous locks, well done :D

redtuss
February 22nd, 2014, 11:18 AM
Aaaah, I really enjoyed your pictures and your story Oclean - I am in love with your hair. Would like to kidnap it and glue to my own head ;)

Hehe, jokes aside I just love your colour, the amazing rich shine and your length is to die for. It was nice to see your progress!