PDA

View Full Version : Short distance between milestones?

JessicaAnn
February 18th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Does anyone else have milestones that seem extremely close together? My hair in total is measuring right at 20 inches and just barely brushing APL using the towel test. So much so that I really don't want to call it APL yet. But, the bottom of my shoulder blades, which is where I'm calling BSL because bras can fit so differently, is only 22.5 - 23 inches on me. Waist is about six inches beyond that, which seems a little more normal. Does anyone else have milestones that are super close together? I feel like I'm going to zip through APL to BSL and then be stuck in the mid-back abyss For-Ev-Er.

Agnes Hannah
February 18th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Waist to Hip is close on me about 2.5" or so. Don't worry, we are all different.

JessicaAnn
February 18th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Waist to Hip is close on me about 2.5" or so. Don't worry, we are all different.

Oh, I'm not worried so much as I thought it was interesting. I'm not even five foot tall and I have almost no torso to speak of, so it makes sense that I'm not going to have big gaps between some milestones. Now if I ever decided to go for knee length, well, my obnoxiously long thigh bones might make that an issue.

HairFaerie
February 18th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I have a short distance between BSL and waist. But unfortunately, I have a long distance between shoulder and APL :(

Kiminath
February 18th, 2014, 12:19 PM
What is the towel test? I've heard the phrase used before but I don't know what it is.

I've got quite a small gap between BSL and waist but it's still a good 4-5 inches. I just have a stupidly long torso.

Kiminath
February 18th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Sorry, double post.

JessicaAnn
February 18th, 2014, 12:26 PM
As I understand it the towel test is when you wrap a towel around yourself under your armpits. When your hair gets caught under the towel or goes past the top of the towel then you have passed the towel test and are officially APL. Others can chime in if I'm getting that wrong, but that's what I've been doing.

What is the towel test? I've heard the phrase used before but I don't know what it is.

I've got quite a small gap between BSL and waist but it's still a good 4-5 inches. I just have a stupidly long torso.

Bubbjo5
February 18th, 2014, 02:13 PM
yea I am only 5ft too so same here but feels like I have been MBL for ages next milestone is WL then HL

Kiminath
February 18th, 2014, 02:25 PM
As I understand it the towel test is when you wrap a towel around yourself under your armpits. When your hair gets caught under the towel or goes past the top of the towel then you have passed the towel test and are officially APL. Others can chime in if I'm getting that wrong, but that's what I've been doing.

Thank you :)

bexcalo
February 18th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Its annoying me that without the towel test i look like I'm APL but with it i have about an inch to go!
Le sigh….

I have a short torso so to me it looks like the milestones of BSL, MBL and Waist are very close together. I actually believe i could make MBL by xmas