PDA

View Full Version : How to determine my waist line?

Kikina
February 17th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Since my hair has been struggling to decide whether it's mid-back or more like BSL, I've been wondering how much exactly has left to my waist (unfortunately, my back seems to be a bit longer than I would like, so I guess my journey's gonna be longer).
I've seen most of you with tied ribbons around your waists, but when I tried, I wasn't sure where exactly to tie it. I mean, the tiniest part of my torso seems to be higher and it just feels more like mid-back, not waist.

So how do I find the exact defining spot?

BTW, right now I'm looking for more visible photo of my back.

redredrobin
February 17th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Since my hair has been struggling to decide whether it's mid-back or more like BSL, I've been wondering how much exactly has left to my waist (unfortunately, my back seems to be a bit longer than I would like, so I guess my journey's gonna be longer).
I've seen most of you with tied ribbons around your waists, but when I tried, I wasn't sure where exactly to tie it. I mean, the tiniest part of my torso seems to be higher and it just feels more like mid-back, not waist.

So how do I find the exact defining spot?

BTW, right now I'm looking for more visible photo of my back.

Some people do have a high waist, maybe that's why you're tying at the smallest bit but thinking it feels high. Personally, I do not have a high waist so I'm going by the photos I have seen here.

Another thing to try is bending to the side, and seeing where the, er, 'crease' is.

Anje
February 17th, 2014, 11:06 AM
For me, it's the thinner spot near my lower ribs. (It keeps moving upward as I get fatter... not the optimal way to get past waist!) For people with longer torsos who actually have space between their ribs and their pelvis, I think it's usually in that in-between zone, though it still tends to be nearer the ribs.

For the record, we tend to go by "thinnest part" around here for waist, rather than pants level. Belts tend to be situated closer to hip, though that obviously varies.

spidermom
February 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Stand straight up, then bend over to one side (straight to the side, not forward or backward at all). Where your skin creases is your waist. It's normal to have a high waist. Mine is just above my hips, so growth from waist to hips goes very fast for me, but BSL to waist took FOREVER.

Hairitic
February 17th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Stand straight up, then bend over to one side (straight to the side, not forward or backward at all). Where your skin creases is your waist. It's normal to have a high waist. Mine is just above my hips, so growth from waist to hips goes very fast for me, but BSL to waist took FOREVER.

DITTO that! :p

divinedobbie
February 17th, 2014, 09:44 PM

Yes, my waist is about 3 inches above my hips so growing from BSL to waist (7 inch difference on me) is taking foreverrr!! Oh and thanks for clearing up where my waist is, I originally thought it was at 30 inches but now that I did the bending test it's solidly 31"...going to take even longer now :(.

Lyv
February 17th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I'd say it's where you are the most narrow or around elbow if you don't have a defined waist.

Brielle
February 18th, 2014, 12:45 AM
I'd just go with the smallest part of your torso.

BSL to waist took forever for me too. I like to think of the shorter distance from waist to hip as compensation, though :p

Tini'sNewHair
February 18th, 2014, 12:53 AM
I tested by bending to the side, forward and also by taking in a deep breath and hold to find my last ribs and now that I know where it is, I use a ribbon for my photos like you can see in my signature :)