PDA

View Full Version : New Hair Care Routine for Hair Growth

Snowlily
February 14th, 2014, 01:52 AM
Have recently switched up my hair care routine in the vain hope my hair will grow faster and thicker. I have been a puller since I was 12 but over the past year or so I have completely stopped. Now I have been worrying that I might have done permanent follicle damage and the hairs have decided they don't want to grow due to their fear of getting uprooted :p

So after looking through the forum I have decided on a new hair care routine:-

wash & condition every 3 days
coconut oil, castor oil & rosemary essential oil mask left on over night to be washed the following morning
comb with wide tooth wooden comb when wet
work a bit of argan oil through hair when damp
brush hair before bed with mason & pearson brush, then plait it. Argan oil the ends

Am taking probiotics, fish oil and vitamin D3. I have a T section of highlights but am going to let that grow out.

Is there anything I might have left out that I can add to speed up the process?

Thanks from one Rapunzel in the making:)

cygnet19
February 14th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Just dropped in to wish you all the very best! !

restless
February 14th, 2014, 02:47 AM
Eat healthy and make sure the body gets everything it needs; vitamins, protein, fats...
Stay hydrated.
Get good nights of sleep.

Oh, and exercise a little every now and then ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
February 14th, 2014, 02:55 AM
And always detangle your hair gently with a wide toothed comb before you brush it. A brush is not to be used for detangling.

Snowlily
February 14th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Thanks guys - much appreciated ;)

Tini'sNewHair
February 14th, 2014, 03:33 AM
You are very close to my new hair care routine, I just added the castor oil but i mix it with coconut oil (half/half). I'm also doing the inversion method (minus the oiling my hair every day because i like stretching my washes better). Ive just started taking biotin tonight, plus vitamin C, vitamin B and fish oil. I think I got it going a fair bit in trying to speed up my growth so lets see what happens :)

Snowlily
February 14th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Ooh, I will look into the inversion method and try to add that in as well! I forgot, I do actually have a bottle of biotin capsules, but for the life of me I can't get the lid off! Going to have to wait for my sister's bloke to come round and try to open it haha!