PDA

View Full Version : awesome natural conditioner

bunzfan
February 13th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Normally I'd put this in the herbal section but I think it quite unknown by many and I just wanted to share my happy moment with you..

My hair has been dry all winter I've tried hair treatments and and it's been living in oil recently that and going back to co washing is the only thing keeping it remotely moisturised the ends felt horrid. I treat it gently too daily updo's and braid at night.

Anyway I regress, I'd used amla once before to bring my waves back after henna straightened them. Difference is i left it on a hour before co washing out its also ment to be very cleansing.

Never has my hair been so wavy I have ringlets and it's so soft and shiny think I might do this once a month. Thought I'd share.

cooklaezo13
February 13th, 2014, 12:29 PM
How exactly did you use the amla? I have some laying around. My hair has also been dry.

bunzfan
February 13th, 2014, 12:32 PM
How exactly did you use the amla? I have some laying around. My hair has also been dry.

It's a powder you mix it up like henna but it doesn't colour the hair i used warm water applied the paste wrapped my hair in cling film left on a hour.. You find it in Indian shops you can get it online it's really good for wavy hair.

bunnylake
February 13th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I have mixed amla into conditioner and got great results. I find that when I add a little to my henna mix my hair isn't as dry afterwards. I also love amla oil. :) yay for amla!

bunzfan
February 13th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I have mixed amla into conditioner and got great results. I find that when I add a little to my henna mix my hair isn't as dry afterwards. I also love amla oil. :) yay for amla!

Ooh thank you for that tip I'll add it to my henna mix next time.

Wavelength
February 13th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Doesn't alma also darken henna colour? I've been avoiding it for that reason. I don't want my henna to get too dark.

ravenheather
February 13th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I use amla in my rhassoul clay wash mixed into catnip. Leaves me very soft and shiny.

Weewah
February 13th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Oo Thanks for the tip. Amla doesn't stain at all? Does it have kinda the same conditioning effect as cassia? I'd like to keep doing conditioning treatments like cassia but my bleached hairs are super susceptible to staining. I'll have to do some amla research

YamaMaya
February 13th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Alright, you've convinced me, I'll buy it with this month's paycheck

Beborani
February 13th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Amla containe ascorbic acid that chelates minerals much like citric acid. Also, in India it is believed to darken the hair/prevent greying--so it might stain lighter hair.

LaReineJaguar
February 13th, 2014, 04:28 PM
oh, I've never heard of it. Is there a particular brand or store that you buy it from that you recommend?