PDA

View Full Version : Desperate - need high dye content red raj alternatives

earthymamawitch
February 13th, 2014, 07:12 AM
henna sooq says red raj won't be back in stock until end of march and my roots are atrocious. anyone have suggestions as to what the next best thing would be? I definitely need a cooler cherry red tending towards burgundy. highest dye content possible. HELP!!!

Jenn

Shatam1
February 13th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Yemeni or Rajasthani henna are the darkest I find. I ALS tried Reshma henna a few weeks ago ant it went way darker than I expected. It is pure henna nothin added and I got it in an Indian grocery store in Florida. I don't think they sell Yemeni in the states but I always buy it here in middle eastern grocery stores. I find it is the nicest red of all the hennas I've tried. Any henna will do just apply it on the roots more often, it will get darker. You can also add amla to it.

moxamoll
February 13th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I've still got a couple of boxes of Red Raj, I can sell you one, if you like. PM me.

Henna Girl
February 13th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I found Yemeni to have the highest dye content. Try hennaforhair.com

stinkyfeet
February 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I have some unopened Red Raj and Indigo from HennaSooq too if you would like to PM me.

RavennaNight
February 15th, 2014, 05:46 PM
HennaSooq has a very high dye content henna called "supreme blend." I purchased this on a whim when I stocked up on henna. Holy moly it is glorious, strong red henna. I could have sworn I saw the faintest red glow all over my black hair from it. And in case you are wondering, my hair due to indigo is The Cosmic Black Hole. "No light escapes" except this.

eta it is not located with the rest of their hair henna. It is in the body henna section.

RavennaNight
February 15th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Link for said henna:
http://www.hennasooq.com/henna-sooqs-supreme-blend/