PDA

View Full Version : Look what LHC did to my hair!

Rushli
February 12th, 2014, 11:41 PM
I have only been on here a month, but in that time I have learned a bunch of new things to help me better take care of my hair as I grow it.

I was cleaning up my computer by deleting unneeded and duplicate photos when I came across the Aug 2013 photo. I know front view pictures dont show length very well, but since I dont have anything else from back then, I took another front view picture tonight to compare. I still have damp hair in the second pic, but it gives you the idea. Sometimes it goes straighter once dried, but usually there is not much difference -if I can keep my hands off it! Since using poo bars I have been combing my hair out in the shower to maximize my curl, another thing I learned here, but was planning on putting it up tomorrow (new flexi 8s! one more thing I got from this site), so I did not worry about it.

I also got one trim in between when the photos where taken, but I am pretty happy with the growth in 6 months! I can only hope it keeps it up. My sister is 8 years younger than me and pretty much always has to out do me on everything. It has never really bothered me if she does, but when visiting her last week, we measured her hair and it was .25" longer than mine. I was so disappointed; she has always had the long hair of the family and I really thought I might have passed her! I mistakenly told her I was planning on growing it to my hip and after she got over the shock and asking me if I was going to donate to LoL, I think I saw a spark of the 'I will beat you' in her eyes. Competition is on! lol

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss110/rushaar/Aug-Feb-2.png

I can now sleep on my curls and they are still there in the morning so I am working on how to control the frizz. I am still figuring out which other poo bars work with my hair (I got a ton of samples to try!) and am playing with flaxseed gel, aloe gel and almond oil (my hair's fav) before I move on to commercial products. I am soooo excited by the waves and curl. I have some loose spiral curls in the front and tight spirals at the nap of my neck. The underneath is wavy for the first time too! My phone died, so I missed getting the picture, but I have some stick straight hair right next to the waves and spiral. Kind of funny looking, but since it is underneath with layers, I dont think anyone else can see.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for for being part of this wonderful community and teaching us newbies all your useful tips and tricks!

joflakes
February 13th, 2014, 12:51 AM
It looks lovely! Well done on your growing and new regime, it's amazing how much of a difference it makes!

ExpectoPatronum
February 13th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Wow...Your hair looks longer in the after picture even with the wave/curls! It looks really nice :)

Tini'sNewHair
February 13th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Your hair is so beautiful!!!! Love it!!

Wosie
February 13th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Wowzer, the first picture looks like my hair type... Which means you went from a 1c to a 2b just with the help of LHC...? *jelly* I wish I could become a 2b too, but my waves are too loose 'n lazy!
Did you scrunch your hair in the second pic?
Very cool, either way, and your hair is getting quite long now... (Also, here's hoping your hair will grow way faster and longer than your sister's very soon! =D)

Chiquita Banana
February 13th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Lovely! Your hair looks terrific... and oh, so curly! :applause

ooglipoo
February 13th, 2014, 08:53 AM
It looks wonderful! I love the wurls and curls. Best of luck with the frizz!

Angela_Rose
February 13th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Ah, what a difference a little information can make! Your curls are very pretty.

Rushli
February 13th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Thanka everyone!

Wowzer, the first picture looks like my hair type... Which means you went from a 1c to a 2b just with the help of LHC...? *jelly* I wish I could become a 2b too, but my waves are too loose 'n lazy!
Did you scrunch your hair in the second pic?
Very cool, either way, and your hair is getting quite long now... (Also, here's hoping your hair will grow way faster and longer than your sister's very soon! =D)

My hair use to curl a bit more in the front when it was short by just air drying, but otherwise it has always needed help. I did not scrunch my hair last night. I combed it and tried not to touch it again. (I may not have care if it was curly for today, but I need to practice not touching it!) bummer on your being lazy, but loose waves can be awesome too!

we are visiting my parents today. I was chatting with my mom about the possible hair competition. She warned me my sister hair has always grown very fast and offered to offer my sister a trim and cut 1/2" off. We laughed because we really are not devious like that. I am pretty sure I can win this is I just stick it out for the long all. I have more patience than her. (And you guys, though if she irrally wants to grow it out, I suppose I had better share you guys too!)

LaReineJaguar
February 13th, 2014, 10:32 AM
wow your hair is amazing! I'm new here, but learning a lot of new information. I hope to get results like you! Good luck with your competition!

MissHoney
February 13th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Beautiful story, thanks for sharing :D

Henna Girl
February 13th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Beautiful hair. I love your curls ;)

BrendaLoan
February 13th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Awesome improvement! Your curls look so pretty... Yay for LHC :cheer:

**Vera**
February 13th, 2014, 10:52 AM
So amazing, mine is 1c/2a and I am always trying to enhance the waves so your progress is very inspiring. Good luck with the competition, may the odds be ever in you favour ;)

Rushli
February 13th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Thanks guys!

So amazing, mine is 1c/2a and I am always trying to enhance the waves so your progress is very inspiring.
I hope you find the HG for your waves!

Good luck with the competition, may the odds be ever in you favour ;)
as long as the loser does not have to chop their hair in the end, "the odds will be ever in my favor!" lol

Colourful
February 14th, 2014, 01:50 AM
So nice! =) Your hair looks happy.

Libbylou
February 14th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Can you attribute your waves and curls to no cones and sulfates? I have noticed that what I thought was supper straight hair has waves now. I think maybe it is the no cones, sulfates. The last time my hair was WL was 40 years ago, there were no waves at all.

Rushli
February 14th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Can you attribute your waves and curls to no cones and sulfates? I have noticed that what I thought was supper straight hair has waves now. I think maybe it is the no cones, sulfates. The last time my hair was WL was 40 years ago, there were no waves at all.

I was not using cones, but my shampoo did have sulfates (cocoa something or another not SLS.) Plus many have reported poo bars increasing curl as well.

what hair type do you have now?