PDA

View Full Version : Long hair do your projects party.

GoddesJourney
February 12th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I made a new hair tie today, which I've been meaning to do for months since it's going to be too short for a real bun for about another year. I have to do the half pulled through ponytail thing and regular elastics just rub and fray it down over time. So I used some of my big thing of black silk and some very strong elastic all measured out so I can wear it around my wrist. It got me thinking, I wish I had long haired friends nearby to come over and bring their nerdy hair obsession related projects and we could all get them done together. I need to make a few more of these, two silk pillowcases and I will have two new combs soon to sand very soon. As it gets longer it would be nice to have a nice chat with someone in the sunlight on my balcony while we S&D. Anyone else a lone long hair? I mean, I know it's short now but I have always had it long and will always be a long hair inside. :)

ooglipoo
February 12th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Heya! Lone longhair, here, too.

There are a couple of neat thread here you might be interested in joining in on...

There's a whole thread about making your own hair toys and stuff... It stays pretty active. Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131) it is!

And there's also a swap for self-made hair stuff, and it doesn't have to be toys, it looks like! Spring Self-Made Swap (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119890)

I'd happily hang out with a long hair and do projects! I have a pattern saved to make a snood, the sewn kind that goes over your whole head, and I have a few silk shirts hoarded up to make snoods with. Silk sleep caps!

velorutionista
February 12th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I don't have any friends doing the long-hair thing, but I do have crafty friends, so I bring my hair-crafty things to our crafty gatherings (if I have a hair-related project in the works, anyhow). It would be kind of nice to not have to explain for the thirteen millionth time that yes, when I'm done, I'll put the stick in my hair and it will hold it all in place "magically", though! :)

Tini'sNewHair
February 12th, 2014, 05:56 PM
My real life friends arent into this kind of haircare but this site is a huge help to me and It makes me feel like im normal after all lol. Keep an eye on yhreads and join in :)