PDA

View Full Version : Why is my hair sticky after using this conditioner?

Arwenlily
February 12th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Sticky is the best way I can describe it. I shampooed with a non-poo and followed with Nature's Gate tea tree conditioner. I left the conditioner on for 3 minutes and rinsed it out for a good minute or two. When I got out of the shower and began scrunching my hair gently to gt some water out, my hair felt sticky like it had some kind of product in it. When it dried, my hair had almost no frizz but it was tangly and still a little sticky.

Any explanations?

JodiAaby
February 12th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Tea tree oil is typically very harsh (it's recommended that you not apply pure tea tree oil directly to skin as it burns) but I can't imagine there would be that much of it in a Shampoo. Tea tree oil shampoos are usually rec'd to those with dandruff or lots of build up. It could just be that it stripped your hair of all the oil (natural & artificial) so you'll need to get some moisture back in your hair whenever you use that shampoo.

kganihanova
February 12th, 2014, 05:38 PM
I had the same problem with shea butter conditioner. It means the product isn't for you :(

TrapperCreekD
February 12th, 2014, 05:42 PM
For me, sticky and tangly means it's time to clarify. Depending on the ingredients, it could be too heavy for your hair?

Arwenlily
February 12th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Tea tree oil is typically very harsh (it's recommended that you not apply pure tea tree oil directly to skin as it burns) but I can't imagine there would be that much of it in a Shampoo. Tea tree oil shampoos are usually rec'd to those with dandruff or lots of build up. It could just be that it stripped your hair of all the oil (natural & artificial) so you'll need to get some moisture back in your hair whenever you use that shampoo.

I have bad dandruff so I thought I'd give it a try. It definitely doesn't feel like my hair is stripped of anything ... if anything it feels like something is in it.

Arwenlily
February 12th, 2014, 05:53 PM
For me, sticky and tangly means it's time to clarify. Depending on the ingredients, it could be too heavy for your hair?

That's definitely possible. The same thing happened when I tried Aubrey Organics GPB though ... does that mean that was too heavy as well?

TrapperCreekD
February 12th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Looked up AO - it has shea butter, which could be too heavy, but it should take a lot to weigh down coarse curls. I don't see anything particularly heavy in the Nature's Gate conditioner except for maybe the jojoba and safflower seed oils. :shrug:

Firefox7275
February 12th, 2014, 06:13 PM
What are the ingredients of the Natures Gate?

JodiAaby
February 12th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I have bad dandruff so I thought I'd give it a try. It definitely doesn't feel like my hair is stripped of anything ... if anything it feels like something is in it.

Why on Earth did I read your first question as "shampoo" instead of conditioner? lol, sorry about that.
But like the other's said, it is most likely too much product in your hair. Sticky hair (in my experience) is a result of too much build up, too much protein, or not enough moisture in the hair.

duchess67
February 12th, 2014, 06:23 PM
The same thing happened to me when I used Giovanni leave-in conditioner. Tried it again after clarifying my hair, still the same effect. Had to give it away. Bought it after reading rave reviews of that conditioner, waste of money.