PDA

View Full Version : experience of hair styles that didn't work for thick hair

wavyhair
February 12th, 2014, 12:13 PM
hey i would love to hear about hair styles that dident work well on thick hair , a few years ago i got my back length thick hair cut into a non layer chin length hair style , it was so big and frizzy i regreted it , on hair wash days it looked like a massive ball ! its sholder length and smooth now

Aderyn
February 12th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I had shoulder length hair ~7 years ago and I did not like the look. Lots of poofiness with my wurly hair didn't look so hot. I also used a ball-tipped brush to detangle my hair, though, which definitely did not help. I think if I had known what I know now about hair care, it would have been much more tolerable. Also, just generally having a blunt hemline leaves my hair with a lot of poofiness and volume right at the bottom, for a rather annoying triangle-shaped hair style.

When I first read the thread title, though, my first thought was about how long I've had to wait in order to do certain buns and such. I wasn't able to do a hypno bun until I hit waist (and I'm pretty tall, so waist is pretty far on me). It'll be interesting to see how buns will look once the thickness travels down my length (I have a v-shaped cut, so there's a bit of taper)

Seeshami
February 12th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I still can't make a decent infinity bun.

lapushka
February 12th, 2014, 04:09 PM
hey i would love to hear about hair styles that dident work well on thick hair , a few years ago i got my back length thick hair cut into a non layer chin length hair style , it was so big and frizzy i regreted it , on hair wash days it looked like a massive ball ! its sholder length and smooth now

It all depends on what length you are. Normally people with iii hair need to wait at least to BSL-waist to do the most basic updos, but peacock twists work for everybody at shorter lengths, and should work at your length.

kganihanova
February 12th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I'm at MBL and the lazy wrap and nautilus are a non reality

alexis917
February 12th, 2014, 07:40 PM
I still can't make a decent infinity bun.

Same! I'm brushing waist and the figure 8 is also not happening. Can't figure out the nautilus either....derp.

Seeshami
February 12th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I don't think I will be able to manage a figure 8 till knee

Weewah
February 12th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Not really a style but hair extensions are harder to blend in with thick hair I think.

Hele
February 12th, 2014, 11:39 PM
I'm at MBL and the lazy wrap and nautilus are a non reality

i wasn't able to make either of those until i got to around hip length. I actually thought i was stupid until i came on here, i'd watch youtube videos of people with shorter hair than mine and they could make various buns with no problem at all and i couldn't do it. But now i know it was just thick hair foiling me in my early bun learning attempts!

Bagginslover
February 13th, 2014, 03:04 AM
I *just* mastered a figure-8 yesterday, using a stick. I could only do it with spin-pins beofre, and then it would fall apart after a few hours. I still can't do a nautilus though, or anything that calls for a knot like structure. I'm just past hip.