PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the Flexi-Pha Bun

LauraLongLocks
February 11th, 2014, 07:44 PM
A new twist on a favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrC3mlp_bR0&feature=youtu.be

Rio040113
February 11th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Awesome idea, I'll have to finally start wearing my Flexis and give this a try! Also, I just had to say that you're really fun and easy to watch in your tutorials :)

LauraLongLocks
February 11th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Awesome idea, I'll have to finally start wearing my Flexis and give this a try! Also, I just had to say that you're really fun and easy to watch in your tutorials :)

Thank you. You are so kind. :)

Taenarian
February 12th, 2014, 03:33 AM
This is so awesome - thank you! I'll be trying this today!

bunzfan
February 12th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Love your video's :crush: genius idea will definitely try it.

duchess67
February 12th, 2014, 05:06 AM
That's a great idea. I'm definitely going to try this out. Thanks

Night_Kitten
February 12th, 2014, 05:25 AM
That's a great idea :D
I tried a "regular" Pha bun with a flexi, and had to find one with a center piece that can be worn either way, but even then it looked kind of weird with a vertical flexi... Your idea solves that problem :)

tetisheri72
February 12th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Very much like. And very pretty lady! I love your hair.

LauraLongLocks
February 12th, 2014, 06:14 AM
This is so awesome - thank you! I'll be trying this today!

Love your video's :crush: genius idea will definitely try it.

That's a great idea. I'm definitely going to try this out. Thanks

That's a great idea :D
I tried a "regular" Pha bun with a flexi, and had to find one with a center piece that can be worn either way, but even then it looked kind of weird with a vertical flexi... Your idea solves that problem :)

Very much like. And very pretty lady! I love your hair.

Thank you, everyone! I'm so glad you like it, and I really appreciate the compliments and encouragement to continue making videos.

ETA: I would love to see pictures after you give it a try. :)

breezefaerie
February 12th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Thanks for this! Turns out I have been doing the Pha all wrong - no wonder it pulled so much on my scalp.
Love your hair and love the Flexi you used!

LauraLongLocks
February 12th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Thanks for this! Turns out I have been doing the Pha all wrong - no wonder it pulled so much on my scalp.
Love your hair and love the Flexi you used!

Yikes! Yes, the first time I tried a pha bun, I thought I was going to pull all the hair right out of my head! Thank you!

lapushka
February 12th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Looks great! Awesome video! :D

Bagginslover
February 12th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I've been doing it sideways ever since I learned it, as I dislike vertical sticks ;) I hadn't realised it was such a radical idea?! I've turned many buns through 90 dgrees for that reason. Great that you can use your flexi's for it now though :)

LauraLongLocks
February 12th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Looks great! Awesome video! :D

Thanks!

I've been doing it sideways ever since I learned it, as I dislike vertical sticks ;) I hadn't realised it was such a radical idea?! I've turned many buns through 90 dgrees for that reason. Great that you can use your flexi's for it now though :)

Not a radical idea, but proof that great minds think alike. Until yesterday, I hadn't thought of it, but when I did, I figured it would make a good tutorial. :)

Taenarian
February 12th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Ooooh okay, two things I learned today doing a pha bun with a flexi. The first was getting on to the concept of where to start so the flexi ends up right side up. The second was how using a dangly flexi (dreamcatcher) to learn this maybe wasn't the brightest idea but today feels like a dreamcatcher day. And no hairs pulled or broken, but several amusing minutes on the learning curve! Thank you!

LauraLongLocks
February 12th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Ooooh okay, two things I learned today doing a pha bun with a flexi. The first was getting on to the concept of where to start so the flexi ends up right side up. The second was how using a dangly flexi (dreamcatcher) to learn this maybe wasn't the brightest idea but today feels like a dreamcatcher day. And no hairs pulled or broken, but several amusing minutes on the learning curve! Thank you!

Glad you gave it a go. Anything with dangles would probably drive me nuts doing this style, ha ha! I have a medium flexi that has dangles and I'm actually glad I'm outgrowing it, because I rarely use it. Happy that it worked for you, however. Thanks for the report.