PDA

View Full Version : anyone else ever have this?

mamaherrera
February 11th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I noticed in my daughter and myself that I have a few super super skinny hairs that are super super kinky, mixed in with my 2C spirals and ringlets. Anyone else notice this and any ideas why these weird hairs exist??

Avital88
February 11th, 2014, 03:33 PM
yes i have had many of these,they feel very rough too.

mamaherrera
February 11th, 2014, 03:48 PM
and are they very very thin like mine?? they are so thin compared to my normal hairs.

Brielle
February 11th, 2014, 10:24 PM
I get a few of these! They stick up in all directions and drive me crazy! I have no idea what causes them though. I just figured there was something wrong with the follicle or something?

mamaherrera
February 11th, 2014, 10:50 PM
maybe others have more opinions/ ideas. at least we know we're not alone

Wosie
February 12th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Yep, I get them sometimes too, and they're really easy to pull out from the scalp, right? That's what I always do. It's normal to have different types of hairs, so no need to worry. On my head I've seen these fine, crinkly ones, I've seen wavy super coarse ones, I've seen sparkly golden ones that glimmer under light (looks like golden threads... wish I had more of those!)... There are ~100.000 hairs on our scalp, so it's not really that odd that some don't come out 'perfect'. :)

hairpleasegrow
February 12th, 2014, 01:22 AM
i feel like maybe they are hairs from follicles that are dying?? I get them too. OR else maybe they are hairs that regrew out of old follicles that previously shed, but have regrown and got damaged

Sorry my grammar sucks

But clearly I have contemplated this subject as well:)

milque
February 12th, 2014, 01:47 AM
I get these too. They are super coarse and wiry and kinky. They kinda look like hair "down there" X)

I have no explanation though, maybe it's the way some of our follicles are shaped?

lapushka
February 12th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Yes, it's perfectly normal!

mamaherrera
February 12th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Thanks for replying. I hope it's not follicles that are dying. I doubt it since, like I said, my daughter has them too and she's only 10. I was worried about that too, which is why I asked. I hope like others said, it's just that they are weird, and maybe they fall out, (like someone said, they can be pulled out easily, yes) and maybe they come in the next time thicker. who knows. We can always hope. Now that I've been looking at my hair closer, which sometimes I regret. But I do notice that yes, I have those thicker black hairs, I have lots more than I ever imagined of those thinner golden hairs. I have lots of hairs that are thinner than those thick ones but shed out at 3-4 inches. And I even have some that started out for about six inches of thick black and then got skinnier and more golden for the last six inches. So yes, like someone said above we have weird hairs.

I just hope it's normal. and i think it is now that we realize we alll have them. Thanks