PDA

View Full Version : Fairytale Ends VS Solid Hemline?

Browneyedbelle9
February 11th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Hi Guys,

Not sure if there is a thread like this, but my sister adores the 'fairytale ends' I have, but I have always worried people would think it looks weird, anyone worry about this and do you care what people think if you have a thicker hemline or fairytale ends?

Discuss :D

Dragon
February 11th, 2014, 01:16 AM
It has worried me in the past but I've learnt it's impossible to please everyone and that there is so many different opinion about stuff. Even when it comes to hair.

White
February 11th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Do you like them? If you like them, keep them, you shouldn't worry about what people say.

furnival
February 11th, 2014, 01:36 AM
I think the title of this thread should not be "Fairytale ends VS solid hemline" but "Worrying what others think of you VS not giving a damn".
That's all it boils down to, isn't it? :p

Itarillė
February 11th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Yes, the most important is what you like. As White says, if you like your Fairytale ends keep them! Fairytale ends or solid hemline... it's just a matter of taste :)

hoopalou
February 11th, 2014, 02:24 AM
I have a blunt hem and would looooove fairytale ends. The grass is always greener……. :-)

0xalis
February 11th, 2014, 02:30 AM
I like fairytale ends, just not *too* fairytale! haha. Too blunt of a hemline on really long hair looks really weird to me. Most hair tapers with length, so to me it looks unnatural to see someone with hair that's longer than waist with a perfectly blunt hemline. O_o

MissBubble
February 11th, 2014, 02:31 AM
I like fairytale ends, I don't like mine though :rolleyes: I find them too much.
I know that most people don't like them but this is because they don't know what it is. My hair is healthy and grows this way but I am often told to get a haircut as they believe my hair is damaged and getting rid of it will make it blunt.

restless
February 11th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Honestly I dont think people focus so much on your (general "you") hair, flaws and details as theyve got their own surface and lives to worry about. At least once theyre old enough to have graduated from high school (I know how shallow the teenage years are).

Even if you do come across grown up people who care, you cant please everybody anyway so please yourself first and foremost. Might be an age thing though; the older I get the less I care about other peoples assumed opinion anyway.

What Im trying to say is; if you like your fairy tale ends then keep them :)

cygnet19
February 11th, 2014, 03:13 AM
I would love to have solid hemline with hip length hair someday. I love the way it looks on others.

milque
February 11th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Ok, this is a dumb question :oops:
But what exactly are fairytale ends? Are they hair ends that look wispy and thin as opposed to a blunt cut? Are they V shaped? I'm sorry if this is completely obvious, but I'm slightly confused here. I see people talking about them but have no idea how they look like XP

oroborus
February 11th, 2014, 03:40 AM
That's exactly what I'd like to have ^^ although I know it'll be hard, because my hair tends to taper a lot at the ends...plus there's the fact I have never even been waist lenght :3
A girl can dream, right? :b

tlover
February 11th, 2014, 03:41 AM
Ok, this is a dumb question :oops:
But what exactly are fairytale ends? Are they hair ends that look wispy and thin as opposed to a blunt cut? Are they V shaped? I'm sorry if this is completely obvious, but I'm slightly confused here. I see people talking about them but have no idea how they look like XP

I didn't know either so youre not alone, I googled it and I don't know how I should explain it but insted of a shap edge it gets thinner and thinner until it stops... someoneelse can probebly explain it better but well you're not alone.

furnival
February 11th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Folks who are unsure of what fairytale ends look like might find this thread helpful:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10634

ETA: This one too:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=40313

milque
February 11th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Folks who are unsure of what fairytale ends look like might find this thread helpful:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10634

ETA: This one too:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=40313

Thanks a lot! I think they are pretty!

To the OP, I wouldn't worry that people would think they look "weird" at all. People who think things like that are weird are actually weird themselves IMO.

Lyv
February 11th, 2014, 06:15 AM
I like fairytale ends on hip+ length and solid on anything shorter (or layers) it's your hair though so it really should only matter what you like!

lapushka
February 11th, 2014, 06:24 AM
I would love fairytale ends, but well, my hemline grows out pretty thick (a few spurts in there) but then I have thicker hair. Yes, the grass is always greener! True.

I second what furnival says about this thread being about something else entirely! You should not care what others think, and if you're worried that much, keep growing but pull it up into an updo! This is the right time for you to be learning some updos at your length!

jacqueline101
February 11th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Yes, the most important is what you like. As White says, if you like your Fairytale ends keep them! Fairytale ends or solid hemline... it's just a matter of taste :)

I agree but I do like them myself.

Chiquita Banana
February 11th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I have a blunt hemline right at hip but would love to have fairy tale ends. I think they are so purty! :p My hair seems to get splits fairly easily so I'm not sure if fairy tales will work for me, but I'm working toward that goal right now. I agree with the others - wear your hair how you like it regardless of what anyone else thinks. It's your hair!

spidermom
February 11th, 2014, 07:21 AM
What I like in hair keeps expanding. When I joined LHC, I only liked the very blunt, cut straight across ends. I hated fairy tale ends as well as V-cuts at that time. Then my preference changed to a slightly layered U-hem, which is still my favorite. I also like fairy tale ends on wavy to curly hair, and I like the V-hem on hair that is at least waist length. What I don't like so much anymore is the blunt, straight-across hem. It looks too abrupt to me now.

UP Lisa
February 11th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Personally I prefer mine to be blunt, but don't worry about what other people think. Have it the way you want it.

DweamGoiL
February 11th, 2014, 08:25 AM
When I grew out my hair before, I had it blunt at TBL. However, it did take some manipulation to get it that way. I discovered one side of my hair grew faster than the other so instead of fairy tale ends, I had a thinning of the hemline only on one side at the last 3 or 4 inches. It took me about 6 months or so of microtrims to get the hemline thick. Once it had thickened up, I went to a slight U shape, that was nicer because it didn't look as bottom heavy (or the dreaded triangle-head).

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/dweamgoil/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/GM%20Dec%202002/th_b4_zps8878a8ba.jpg (http://s987.photobucket.com/user/dweamgoil/media/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/GM%20Dec%202002/b4_zps8878a8ba.jpg.html)
Before microtrim (blunt hemline)

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/dweamgoil/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/GM%20Dec%202002/th_after_treatment_zpsb9df123f.jpg (http://s987.photobucket.com/user/dweamgoil/media/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/GM%20Dec%202002/after_treatment_zpsb9df123f.jpg.html)
After microtrim (blunt hemline)

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/dweamgoil/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/GM%20Jul%202003/th_GM071003b4_zps001aabcc.jpg (http://s987.photobucket.com/user/dweamgoil/media/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/GM%20Jul%202003/GM071003b4_zps001aabcc.jpg.html)
One year later (blunt hemline)

I can't seem to find an example of the U hemline *shrugz*

This time around, once it got to MBL, it started to feel very heavy with the blunt hemline so I had it layered and I am very glad I did. It's now approaching waist and it still has movement and it's not as heavy. I love that I can still wear it down without huge functional challenges I experienced before. It got to the point that the hair started to be more work rather than being fun.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/dweamgoil/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/Henna%20Sooq%20Henna/th_NewPicture_zpse0899d78.png (http://s987.photobucket.com/user/dweamgoil/media/Long%20Hair%202003%20to%20Now/Henna%20Sooq%20Henna/NewPicture_zpse0899d78.png.html)
Now layered

Madora
February 11th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Hi Guys,

Not sure if there is a thread like this, but my sister adores the 'fairytale ends' I have, but I have always worried people would think it looks weird, anyone worry about this and do you care what people think if you have a thicker hemline or fairytale ends?

Discuss :D

I couldn't care less what people think about my hair. My hair is fairytale ends now, but I always loved the look of a blunt hemline. Your hair looks so much thicker and vibrant. Question is moot anyway, for me, since my hair is always up and protected.

hairpleasegrow
February 11th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Keep the fairy tale ends , very pretty ! i dream of hair like yours one day

**Vera**
February 11th, 2014, 08:45 AM
I never got fairytale ends so I love them when on other LHC users. I do think it depends on the person's look and their hair to determine which looks better.

Magalo
February 11th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I like a blunt/slight u-shaped hem on straight hair, and v-hem and fairytailes on wavy and curly hair.

SkyChild
February 11th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I prefer fairytale ends.
At the moment I have shoulder length blunt hemline and it's driving me crazy!

panffle
February 11th, 2014, 09:38 AM
I really like fairytale ends :) I've tried trimming my ends in the past in a way that would help me 'mimic' fairytale ends, but that didn't work too well. I find blunt ends a bit too... made? I don't know how to explain this, but I don't like blunt ends on myself at all.

LadyLongLocks
February 11th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Very interesting to see so many people actually like fairytale ends. Right now I have them, but I want a more blunt hem. Plus I really must cut it back because I am stepping on it.Trim will come soon after I finish some projects with the current length.
I always had the impression most people didn't like FTE. Nice to see some do :) Thanks for this thread.

Kwantslonghair
February 11th, 2014, 11:11 AM
My hair "looks" too thin when I have fairytale ends...mine just looks better with a thicker although maybe not blunt hemline.

Marika
February 11th, 2014, 11:12 AM
I prefer blunt(ish) hemline on myself but I always end up with fairytale ends because I'm really lazy when it comes to trimming! :p Fairytale ends are really pretty on wavy hair. Make me think of princesses!

Wosie
February 11th, 2014, 11:22 AM
I agree with Marika! Fairytale ends look beautiful on most wavies' hair. Otherwise it varies, it depends on the hair quality and its thickness in my opinion. On myself I think it looks better with blunt ends.

HadessThera
February 11th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I love fairytale ends on others but not on myself, my hair is super fine so it can look straggly rather than ethereal :(

turtlelover
February 11th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I like long hair w/ a U shaped cut. I tend to like curly/wavy hair w/ a little layering, and straight hair without as much layering, except for maybe some face framing pieces. I don't like fairytale ends, generally, or super straight across blunt cuts.

Long_hair_bear
February 11th, 2014, 01:04 PM
My hair is in fairytale ends.... it just grows that way and theres no help for it. Good thing I don't mind! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
February 11th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I prefer a blunt cut myself as my hair is fine and fairytaling would make it look scraggly. But you must have your hair the way YOU want it.

I spent many years having my hair the way others thought it should be and it just made me totally miserable. Nowadays I can have it the way I want and too bad if others complain about the way it looks, it's MY hair, not theirs!

Enjoy your hair!

Kimberly
February 11th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Different hemlines look better on certain people or certain people's hair or at certain lengths. Just like some people look better than others in a certain color or updo or style of dress.

I have fairytales ends, and while I used to think I "should" have blunt ends, I changed my mind a long time ago. Now I love the way my spirally fairytales look, and I also find it is a LOT easier to get an updo to stay than with blunt ends.

There's a saying around LHC: "I'm not here to decorate your world." Have the type of ends YOU like -- unless you're a model or a movie star, how you like your hair is a private thing for you to enjoy. :)