PDA

View Full Version : Help Hot Root Line

Sofialu
February 10th, 2014, 02:49 PM
I had a dark colour put on my hair on top of bleach but I had around 2 weeks worth of virgin hair, now the brown has faded except where it went on to virgin hair and it has left me with a brown line between my new growth and my bleached parts. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the brown line or at least blend it?

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac280/reddij/image_zps3213d587.jpg (http://s907.photobucket.com/user/reddij/media/image_zps3213d587.jpg.html)

**Vera**
February 11th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Short term answer is to use some root covering powder to make the brown look blonde. Long-term answer would be to get the brown parts bleached again in a soft fading manner, one last time.

Sofialu
February 11th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Thank you so much for the advice Vera, can I ask what is root covering powder and is it a temporary thing? If the brown line fades away then it would leave me my own hair colour underneath as it went on to virgin roots at the time, so if the root powder was a temporary fix then it might be the best way to cover the line until it has faded more :)

walterSCAN
February 11th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Maybe something like Color Oops/ Color Fix would take it out?

**Vera**
February 11th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Thank you so much for the advice Vera, can I ask what is root covering powder and is it a temporary thing? If the brown line fades away then it would leave me my own hair colour underneath as it went on to virgin roots at the time, so if the root powder was a temporary fix then it might be the best way to cover the line until it has faded more :)
You are welcome and yes it is temporary. I have never used something like that so can't recommend from experience but I read about one "Color Wow Root Cover Up Blonde". maybe read reviews or look for something similar.

Sofialu
February 11th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Maybe something like Color Oops/ Color Fix would take it out?

Thank you WalterSCAN :)

Sofialu
February 11th, 2014, 09:18 AM
You are welcome and yes it is temporary. I have never used something like that so can't recommend from experience but I read about one "Color Wow Root Cover Up Blonde". maybe read reviews or look for something similar.

I will do, thank you Vera :)

knhess
February 11th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Was it permanent or deposit only dye? I'm having the same problem currently. I put deposit only dye over all of my hair to help the highlights I'm growing out blend in better. Now the dye has faded from the highlights but not the virgin hair! I did a baking soda shampoo and it did get quite a bit of the color off, but it was also extremely drying so I don't want to try that again. I've also been doing olive oil deep treatments since they seem to take a little bit of color off each time. I have heard vitamin c helps remove dye so maybe you could try that? I might if my color doesn't fade more soon...

muddblood21
February 11th, 2014, 09:35 AM
I would also recommend trying Color Oops (I think another one might be called Color B4?)or something like it. Or I have heard of others having good results trying to fade color with dandruff shampoo like Head and Shoulders.

RancheroTheBee
February 11th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Color Oops tends to make most dyes a peachy/reddish shade, with the exception of a few cases. You can try it, but I would be careful. Also, it can be extremely drying. Head & Shoulders can have a similar effect, but not as immediately. I might suggest honey or letting it fade after a few deep oilings, but my hair is probably a lot drier than yours.

Sofialu
February 11th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Was it permanent or deposit only dye? I'm having the same problem currently. I put deposit only dye over all of my hair to help the highlights I'm growing out blend in better. Now the dye has faded from the highlights but not the virgin hair! I did a baking soda shampoo and it did get quite a bit of the color off, but it was also extremely drying so I don't want to try that again. I've also been doing olive oil deep treatments since they seem to take a little bit of color off each time. I have heard vitamin c helps remove dye so maybe you could try that? I might if my color doesn't fade more soon...

It was permanent dye and that's exactly what has happened to mine, the dye has faded much more from my bleached lengths than my virgin hair leaving me with this stripe. I would use the colour b4 or the baking soda on the stripe of dark colour if it wasn't going to lighten the rest of my hair as I doubt I'd be able to confine it to just the dark line unless the consistency of colour b4 is very thick? With the baking soda did you put it on neat or mix it with water? Thanks :)

Sofialu
February 11th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Color Oops tends to make most dyes a peachy/reddish shade, with the exception of a few cases. You can try it, but I would be careful. Also, it can be extremely drying. Head & Shoulders can have a similar effect, but not as immediately. I might suggest honey or letting it fade after a few deep oilings, but my hair is probably a lot drier than yours.

Thanks for that - I've never done a deep oiling as mine is really quite oily on its own but if it may lighten my stripe then I'd try anything natural. The honey I have in my kitchen cupboard, how long do you leave it on for and does it need heating? Thank you :)

Sofialu
February 11th, 2014, 12:21 PM

Thanks for that - I've never done a deep oiling as mine is really quite oily on its own but if it may lighten my stripe then I'd try anything natural. The honey I have in my kitchen cupboard, how long do you leave it on for and does it need heating? Thank you :)

Sofialu
February 11th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I would also recommend trying Color Oops (I think another one might be called Color B4?)or something like it. Or I have heard of others having good results trying to fade color with dandruff shampoo like Head and Shoulders.

Thanks muddblood, I use head and shoulders but because I've only got a thin stripe that is darker I need a more precise treatment to lift that rather than all my head of colour. I wish I'd have thought about this before putting on the dark colour :/

oatmealpie
February 11th, 2014, 12:34 PM
You could also try Sun-In. I've been using it to lighten my hennaed roots so they match my henna-over-box-dye ends. You can check out Nightshade's process here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19317. I've been oiling beforehand and just doing one treatment at a time. My results have been subtle but noticeable.

Sofialu
February 11th, 2014, 01:02 PM
You could also try Sun-In. I've been using it to lighten my hennaed roots so they match my henna-over-box-dye ends. You can check out Nightshade's process here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19317. I've been oiling beforehand and just doing one treatment at a time. My results have been subtle but noticeable.

Thanks for the link, I had a good read and from the photos there is a big difference. Good news is I can get Sun In from Superdrug so if the honey/oiling doesn't do anything to remove the line of colour then this sounds the next best thing to try :)