PDA

View Full Version : LHC newbie care kits?

kwaniesiam
September 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I have a friend interested in growing his hair out and taking better care of it, LHC style :) He might actually join, I did give him a link but if not I was wondering what all to include in a care package to start him off taking better care of his hair? He's at about APL, and has expressed interest in some of the things I've told him and is even going to do an SMT once he gets some aloe. His hairtype is similar to mine, though I'm not sure of how straight/wavy/curly since he always brushes it but definitely fine and on the thinner side of average.

So far I have:

A smooth, wooden comb with wider and thinner spaced teeth (Conair wooden naturals, I sanded down any rough spots already)
Some hair friendly elastics
A small sampling of coconut oil, jojoba oil, and shea butter
I'm also teaching him in person how to do a simple English braid.

Any other suggestions on what to add?

Shanarana
September 11th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Maybe some cone free shampoo and conditioner if he doesn't use it already.

kwaniesiam
September 11th, 2008, 02:28 PM
That's a good idea, thanks! I have some of my own I can pour in to empty travel size bottles. I think he uses Pantene and was looking for other options.

Islandgrrl
September 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM
A wee little mister bottle? Sally's has these tiny purse sized ones that I love - about the size of a mascara tube. Very handy to have around.

Magicknthenight
September 11th, 2008, 02:30 PM
hmm s&d scissors? unless he doesn't need it. any who just a thought
That's very thoughtful of you though you giving him all he needs to get started. :)

Delila
September 11th, 2008, 02:36 PM
How about a microfiber towel? I got mine cheaply in the car care section.

Merkaba
September 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Microfiber towel, good shampoo and conditioner, list of protein treatments, aloe vera gel, satin pillowcase.

Some of these were said already. If you dont want to buy them for him at least let him know there out there, or maybe make a checklist.

You sure are a good friend though!

Nyghtingale
September 11th, 2008, 02:56 PM
A wee little mister bottle? Sally's has these tiny purse sized ones that I love - about the size of a mascara tube. Very handy to have around.
What do you use the mister bottle for?

Periwinkle
September 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM
That's an awesome idea!

Do you think he would want any other 'styling' tools - kirby grips, wavelength pins, hairsticks, clips etc?

kwaniesiam
September 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Probably not with the hairtoys as of yet, but thanks for the suggestions! I'll throw in a mister bottle and stop at Sally's on my way home from school this weekend for the empty bottles to give some samples of what didn't work for me :)

Teazel
September 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Clarifying shampoo. Always the first step for someone embarking on a 'cone-free experiment. :)

What a terrific idea, to put together a starter kit! :cheer:

kwaniesiam
September 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
He's joined and is posting an intro, I really appreciate all the great suggestions. Mods please close or delete this? Thank you!