PDA

View Full Version : Look what I've got!

RootsOfMyHair
February 9th, 2014, 01:39 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/2coiej5.jpg

Mom bought this, for various reasons (she didn't know it was good for your hair), so I asked her to give me some in a little jar.

Anyway, I've melted one teaspoon of coconut oil and mixed it with one teaspoon of olive oil, put it in my hair for a few hours (couldn't keep it overnight, so oily), washed it, and my hair was all shiny and lovely. I'm in love.

Johannah
February 9th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Welcome in the world of coconut oil! :p I always recommend this oil to friends, they love it as well!

restless
February 9th, 2014, 02:24 AM
Yeah its pretty awesome, isnt it? ;) One of the best things Ive ever tried for my hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 9th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Yay for coconut oil, my hair just loves it!

RootsOfMyHair
February 9th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Yeah, it's lovely. I was afraid it's gonna be heavy on my hair, but no. :D

Jumper
February 9th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Neat!

Does it matter if coconut oil is refined or unrefined?

Tini'sNewHair
February 9th, 2014, 02:54 AM
coconut oil is the BEST - my hair LOVES this stuff :) its GOLD!!!!!!:joy:

Soltimus
February 9th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Coconut oil is great! I need to get some more as I've been out for months and my ends are getting a little dry.

ooglipoo
February 9th, 2014, 10:12 AM
That looks delicious! You should try making brownies with it, as well as putting it in your hair.

I mixed up a little container of it with a few drops of patchouli and orange oil, and I put it on my hair before bed, and also use it as moisturizer for my hands.

Great stuff!

jacqueline101
February 9th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Neat. When I hinted about coconut oil I got suntan oil. I used it and my hair liked it. I'm glad you got the real thing.

Night_Kitten
February 9th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I use coconut oil as a leave-in on my ends, and mixed with olive oil as a pre-wash oiling, works awesome :D