PDA

View Full Version : 3 Months Progress + Colour Change (Long Boring Updates!)

RancheroTheBee
February 8th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Hi, everyone! You may remember me from such posts as "Starting Over" and "Starting Over: The Reckoning". Well, I'm back yet again. I'll try and keep it brief, but after the first time I was here, I got out of a bad relationship and moved out of my parent's house. Suddenly, I was allowed to do anything I wanted to my hair, so naturally I did. Last time I rejoined I had just shaved it, and right after, I moved to Toronto. After a bad run-in with some bleach, I had to shave it off again and spent the next two years going from one colour to another and shaving it down.

My last shave was in August, when I shaved it into a Chelsea (which is where everything is shaved down except your fringe and the side-wings). I've been evening it out ever since, but I think I finally got it into a reasonable shape. Here's my growth: First is December 13th, 2013, and then January 15th, 2014 and the last one is from yesterday. I have a sig pic of the same thing, but this is larger.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e852bf7f6c968ce019be9efb0aabe90d/tumblr_n0osz1wOng1trytmlo1_1280.jpg
You'll notice in the first pic, I have black ends. It's because it was black and I tried to Color-Oops and... oops! Didn't rinse well enough and when I tried to add a red shade, it turned back to black, but I rinsed it fast enough to save some of it. I covered it with black dye, hated it, and I bleached it again, albeit with a coconut oil soak, and then hennaed it. I detailed the adventure in the "preventing peroxide damage" thread that ktani started, but basically, there doesn't appear to be any damage. Here's a close-up:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9b3d822b78e6dfffd33894bc52512921/tumblr_n0ost4YogC1trytmlo1_r1_400.jpg

You can still see the black ends that are apparently going to be with me forever. It looks a little dry here, but I had just rinsed out henna. I oiled it overnight with argan and it's back to normal now.

Anyway, hi! :D I've been here for six years and I'm still at pixie, so if you're ever feeling discouraged, remember that I'm probably behind you! :p

bananahanna
February 8th, 2014, 10:26 AM
welcome back! I love the red with the subtle darker parts from the black. it's stunning.

Quasiquixotic
February 8th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Aww, hugs! I love the color you got in your most recent photo.

Johannah
February 8th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I needed to laugh a bit by your last sentence :p someday you'll reach TBL, hang on! The color you have right now actually looks cool :D

Wosie
February 8th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I'm reading through some of the threads in the oldest pages of the Mane forum (currently at p. 1253) and I've seen you in a couple of those threads. =D Good to see you in the current time as well!

Crumpet
February 8th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I like your mixed up colours. I always seem to fall for the grown out colours that members here have. It looks interesting. You're lucky that your face works well with all of your different colours. Gorgeous!

RancheroTheBee
February 8th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks, everyone. :p I think I am firmly finished with my super experimental phase.

RapunzelKat
February 8th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I quite like your colors! :). And you can alway trim them off if you want as it gets longer.
Love the color in your avatar pic too, by the way. ;)
Happy growing!

mariakatija
February 8th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Great growth! It's all about the journey. There is no time limit.

lapushka
February 8th, 2014, 05:46 PM
You'll notice in the first pic, I have black ends. It's because it was black and I tried to Color-Oops and... oops! Didn't rinse well enough and when I tried to add a red shade, it turned back to black, but I rinsed it fast enough to save some of it. I covered it with black dye, hated it, and I bleached it again, albeit with a coconut oil soak, and then hennaed it. I detailed the adventure in the "preventing peroxide damage" thread that ktani started, but basically, there doesn't appear to be any damage. Here's a close-up:

The damage will only become apparent when you grow out more. Your hair has taken a fair amount of beatings with bleach and color oops and dyeing, then hennaing (henna after dye, then dye after henna can sometimes be disastrous, I got my fair share of that (chemical burn etc.)) but anyway. I hope you can continue to pamper your hair. Happy growing!!! :D

RancheroTheBee
February 8th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Yeah, unfortunately these ends won't be with me for my whole journey. Since my hair is fairly dry and coarse anyway, I anticipate bi-yearly trims anyway, and maybe some microtrims in between. Oh, well. The price I pay for being playful. :(

hairpleasegrow
February 8th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Love your post :) if you do grow it out good luck

ositarosita
February 8th, 2014, 09:05 PM
If your in Toronto and need a GREAT stylist islington and cordova by the drugstore there's a woman named Svetlana ... she understand i'm growing out my hair. (lived in Toronto for about 5 years and went to her for the last 2) I moved away from that location about 2 months before I moved to mexico so that was about 9 months ago.. hope she's still there.

Crimgirl
February 8th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Love the red! Becoming a red head is my dream!

RancheroTheBee
February 8th, 2014, 09:35 PM
If your in Toronto and need a GREAT stylist islington and cordova by the drugstore there's a woman named Svetlana ... she understand i'm growing out my hair. (lived in Toronto for about 5 years and went to her for the last 2) I moved away from that location about 2 months before I moved to mexico so that was about 9 months ago.. hope she's still there.

I am, but I am smackdab in downtown. There is a place called Curl Up & Dye nearby my place that I've heard is very good. :p That won't be for a while, but damn do I love that name. There's another one down the way called Barberella.

Tini'sNewHair
February 8th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Love your colour and your cheeky fun experiments :) awesome pics!!!

Loviatar
February 9th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Definitely not a time limit round here. I started in 2005 and I've been on the same rodeo as you - dye, henna, bleach, cut, grow, dye, bleach, cut... :D I'm just completing my first year of growing out virgin hair, from the shortest cut I've ever had! I'm also well and truly done 'playing' with my hair especially colour wise. I still like experimenting but I save it for treatments (cassia, catnip etc) instead of wash routines and colour.

I always enjoyed your posts. Glad to see you're back.