PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the inversion method?

cdonald2
February 8th, 2014, 03:31 AM
I found an old photo today of my when my hair was long and it made me so so so sad because i looked 100x better, so i was looking for supplements and such and stumbled upon the inversion method. I feel like in about 3-4 more inches i will start feeling better about myself... I swear i am never doing a big cut ever again...

anywho
I started today, im doing it 2x a day for 4 minutes with no oil. Im curious if anyone else has tried this and what your results were.

Johannah
February 8th, 2014, 03:36 AM
There were several threads about this... I'm searching, little moment :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116151

Johannah
February 8th, 2014, 03:43 AM
Okay I can't find the thread anymore (except the one I mentioned). I remember the results though.

There were several people who tried this, but it didn't work for anyone. At all. Off course it's a personal thing, it can't hurt to try it. It might work for you :)

frejafjord
February 8th, 2014, 04:03 AM
I have done this method and found no improvement. Although my hair did become very dry and brittle because the tutorial I used required washing the hair daily after your oilings.
Washing my hair daily totally killed my hair despite all the heavy oilings. Would NOT recommend this. IMO it doesn't really make sense.
The people I saw recommending it seemed to be between the ages of 11 and 15 and looking for subscribers + views on their youtube channels.
If you want crazy growth i.e. 1-2inches of growth a month (that is as quick as humanly possible in reality and average is half an inch a month) I would recommend using vitamins to boost hair growth. There is a great thread on it here; http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83 The best stuff for it is biotin if you can't afford all those other vitamins.

ositarosita
February 9th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I did it and got three quarters of an inch the week I did it. Really it's just like everything else it varies from person to person.

RancheroTheBee
February 9th, 2014, 10:07 AM
When I first learned about it, I tried it about three times in a row, and then realized that whatever growth I was getting was not worth aggravating how absolutely ridiculous my hair looks right now. It was also messing with my scalp and I prefer not to wash more than twice a week at the most. However, incorporating regular massage last month seems to have helped me gain about 1/4" of an inch for the month, which I consider incredible, based on the weather (cold and dark) and my average growth (which is usually not quite .5" at the best of times).

It's always been my personal mindset that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. When I see videos promoting an inch or two a week, I suspect I am being sold something, or that this person is not good at measuring. I am not arguing that people can't see that kind of growth (is squiggyflop still here or...) but statistically speaking, very few of us are genetically capable of that kind of supergrowth, even with external intervention.

lapushka
February 9th, 2014, 12:44 PM
It's always been my personal mindset that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. When I see videos promoting an inch or two a week, I suspect I am being sold something, or that this person is not good at measuring. I am not arguing that people can't see that kind of growth (is squiggyflop still here or...) but statistically speaking, very few of us are genetically capable of that kind of supergrowth, even with external intervention.

Yes, the *only* thing that's tried and true with hairgrowth is this: patience.

mariakatija
February 9th, 2014, 12:45 PM
If you do yoga, you'll get some inversion plus fun exercise! :D

Aderyn
February 10th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Yes, the *only* thing that's tried and true with hairgrowth is this: patience.

This. Spending my time on LHC just makes it seem like the time is going by so slowly. :p

Teufelchen
February 11th, 2014, 06:06 AM
I also doubt that it gives this much growth. I had up to 2" per month very occationally, but it was always a non-permanent thing. My hair grows approximately 1" a month, if I eat healthy. If I get everything else ideal I get the 2", but live isn't ideal all the time.
I am pretty sure that the real genetic growth rate is higher for most people, that what we measure each month, but this rate it the one that is the best our body can do under the given cricumstances.
I am doing aerial yoga twice a week, but my growth hasn't improved from it. I would believe up to 5mm/month more from improved blood circulation due to inversion, but not 2" a week, I guess these measurements are highly disputable.

bunzfan
February 11th, 2014, 07:35 AM
I think i'll give it a shot why not especially as i'm a co wash'er i certainly wouldn't do it with shampoo.

makeminea99
February 11th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I gave it a go about 2 weeks ago, but didn't go the whole hog with daily oilings. washings etc, I just did the inversion bit 5 days out of 7, then just oiled my hair and scalp the night before I washed it like I normally do. (not with anything fancy - just plain coconut oil!) Some success: about an inch on my long-ish growing out fringe, but barely a quarter of an inch at the back. I shall give it another go, and measure again, in a week or so. Worth a try! :)