PDA

View Full Version : I need some updo styles please

lora410
March 19th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I need some QUICK up dos for almost bsl hair (see profile pict) with layers.I don't have much time in the morning for anything complicated. My longest layer is a little past shoulder length. I can't do a figure 8 or anything like rope braids because my layers jut out everywhere. Right now I have been doing french twist and buns.

Ohio Sky
March 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Hmmm... Im at BSL and Im finding some new dos. Some of them are hard because of layers (I did it too, sigh :rolleyes:)
But Ive done a successful figure 8 the last 2 days with the help of some aloe. You should be able to do it soon if you cant already.
The french twist has a lot of variations. Its a great do. You can do it with sticks or clips, or with some hair out or all tucked in. If you cant do anything else right now, just experiment with different twists for a couple more months.
French and Dutch braids are beautiful, and are good at keeping flyaway layers short. Have you tried a tucked braid? (Yeah, me neither, but someone suggested it to me)
If I remember right, your hair is a bit wavy like mine. One thing I like to do is when its still wet, kind of scrunch it up to maximize the curl and just do kindof a sloppy mix between a twist and a bun, letting the hair go all differnt directions and just put little clips in it to hold it up. Looks kinda cool, maybe I will do that tomorrow and post a pic.
A plain old clipped up ponytail still works great too :)

Hope that helps!

Anje
March 19th, 2008, 11:38 AM
How about a Gibson tuck?

lora410
March 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM
How about a Gibson tuck?

I have no idea what that is :lol: I looked in articles for up-dos but there are only three of them and the two I tried my hair wasn't long enough for it to work or just looked a total mess with my darn layers.

lora410
March 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Hmmm... Im at BSL and Im finding some new dos. Some of them are hard because of layers (I did it too, sigh :rolleyes:)
But Ive done a successful figure 8 the last 2 days with the help of some aloe. You should be able to do it soon if you cant already.
The french twist has a lot of variations. Its a great do. You can do it with sticks or clips, or with some hair out or all tucked in. If you cant do anything else right now, just experiment with different twists for a couple more months.
French and Dutch braids are beautiful, and are good at keeping flyaway layers short. Have you tried a tucked braid? (Yeah, me neither, but someone suggested it to me)
If I remember right, your hair is a bit wavy like mine. One thing I like to do is when its still wet, kind of scrunch it up to maximize the curl and just do kindof a sloppy mix between a twist and a bun, letting the hair go all differnt directions and just put little clips in it to hold it up. Looks kinda cool, maybe I will do that tomorrow and post a pic.
A plain old clipped up ponytail still works great too :)

Hope that helps!

My braids looks like ropes with frays everywhere, so I avoid braids. Thanks for trying to help me though :flowers:

Anje
March 19th, 2008, 11:56 AM
OK, I'm not finding any picture instructions at the moment with a quick search, so I'll describe it...

Make a high, somewhat loose ponytail, and secure it, preferably with a band that matches your hair.
Part it halfway down, like you're going to do a topsy-tail thing, but don't go through the bottom half of the hair. You're making a pocket.
Now wrap up and more or less jam all the ponytail hair into that pocket.
Make the top a little neater with a comb or fingers and a mirror. Put a pretty little barrette over the top to hold that part closed a little more and help hide the pony holder.

lora410
March 19th, 2008, 12:31 PM
OK, I'm not finding any picture instructions at the moment with a quick search, so I'll describe it...

Make a high, somewhat loose ponytail, and secure it, preferably with a band that matches your hair.
Part it halfway down, like you're going to do a topsy-tail thing, but don't go through the bottom half of the hair. You're making a pocket.
Now wrap up and more or less jam all the ponytail hair into that pocket.
Make the top a little neater with a comb or fingers and a mirror. Put a pretty little barrette over the top to hold that part closed a little more and help hide the pony holder.

Oh yeah, I have heard of that and I've been meaning to try it to once I get a cute barrette. Thanks!!! :flowers: