PDA

View Full Version : my hair extensions

Kate199023
February 5th, 2014, 10:15 PM
I bought this lovey extensions from .hairextensionbuy.com. I had to show them off.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z16/Walkerfan/002-5.jpg

They got this odd little comb to put them in with. Lets hope I can ware them without casing more issues lol

Kate199023
February 5th, 2014, 10:43 PM
I've read bad reiviews about this place I bought them from by they look so pretty

ErinLeigh
February 5th, 2014, 10:47 PM
They do look pretty. I hope you enjoy them. :)

Kate199023
February 5th, 2014, 10:55 PM
thank you and I hope I can ware them without pulling my hair lol never wore extensions so yikes lol

Agnes Hannah
February 6th, 2014, 11:46 AM
I have worn extensions before, the clip ins always real hair. I haven't had any problems with them in the past. Since joining LHC I haven't worn them because my hair is always in a claw or LWB, but the other day, I put some really long ones in just for a couple of hours to play princess hair. I really enjoyed wearing them!! Had a wonderful time combing them and preening to my hearts content. However, now my hair feels really short! It is BSL but that doesn't seem so long anymore. Never mind I enjoyed wearing them and may do again one of these days....

LanaBanana
February 6th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I have worn extensions before, the clip ins always real hair. I haven't had any problems with them in the past. Since joining LHC I haven't worn them because my hair is always in a claw or LWB, but the other day, I put some really long ones in just for a couple of hours to play princess hair. I really enjoyed wearing them!! Had a wonderful time combing them and preening to my hearts content. However, now my hair feels really short! It is BSL but that doesn't seem so long anymore. Never mind I enjoyed wearing them and may do again one of these days....

I can totally relate to this! I have some extensions from my wedding, and occasionally I'll bust them out and feel pretty for a couple hours around the house. So fun!

Tini'sNewHair
February 6th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Such pretty hair!!! You should show us a picture with them on :)

I always wanted extentions but never really got to by some but im fine with that :shrug:

Ambystoma
February 7th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Just be very careful putting them in and taking them out, and try to vary the clip placement as much as possible from day to day and they shouldn't cause too many problems.

I had some that I wore from shoulder-ish to MBL without breakage possibly because I always took my time putting them in gently. I never clipped the pieces in tight up against the scalp, and if I felt any traction or slight discomfort I would unclip that piece and reposition it - if you have them in right you shouldn't be able to feel them at all.

Also be careful if you want to wear them to add length to a ponytail or updo - it's best just to make updo's work with your own hair to give it a break, but if you do want to wear them up, place the clips to align to the direction the hairs will be facing once it's pulled up, don't just pop them in as usual for wearing down then start styling, as this will pull on the roots of your own hair unnecessarily.

The other thing to watch out for is that even human hair extensions can't take as much damage as you own hair(I think this is because they go through chemical processing), so they really need to be treated like "antique lace", even more so than your own if you want to keep them nice. I don't know if you do a lot of heat free styling already, but now is definitely the time to learn! I learnt how to properly use rollers on mine, it made the learning curve easier since I wasn't stuck in front of a mirror holding up pieces of my own hair, I had nice small amounts I could take into my lap and work with which can be seen from all angles and can be left to dry to check how different techniques work without having to walk around with a roller stuck to your own head!