PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever noticed

styric
February 5th, 2014, 07:49 AM
That since you've started the long hair/lots of up does/stretching watches journey... you FORGET to wash your hair?

My hair doesn't get greasy anymore unless I use too much product, or get build up. Even then it's just slight around the ears. I quite often just shower and forget to wash my hair, and don't notice because my hair is its normal self.

If I told anybody else, they'd think I'm gross lol

spidermom
February 5th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Nope. Most of the time, when my hair starts getting oily, it also itches.

turtlelover
February 5th, 2014, 07:55 AM
If my hair gets at ALL oily, my head starts to itch and I end up w/ zits on my head. Not fun! So no, I cannot forget to wash.

Bagginslover
February 5th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Afraid not. My hair gets greasy pretty fast (can't wear loose after day 2), and I only wash weekly, but I don't forget.

Sofialu
February 5th, 2014, 08:01 AM
I could never forget to wash mine as it gets so oily it feels gross and I know if I've missed an area with the shampoo as it feels yuck compared to the shampoo'd bits.

Johannah
February 5th, 2014, 08:03 AM
I like washing my hair so I don't forget it :p

styric
February 5th, 2014, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure why mine doesn't get greasy or oily, but it doesn't unless I way overdo the silicone or I cowash too often. I always massage my scalp in the shower and rinse it through, and apply meds on scalp every day so my scalp isn't neglected. I'm just very scatterbrained.

I guess it IS weird!

Anje
February 5th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I pretty much default to washing my hair at the next available shower time after I notice that the roots are looking kinda greasy. For me, when that is tends to vary seasonally, so I just let my sebum production rather than any particular count of days determine when to wash. In winter, that's frequent enough that I don't forget. In the summer, I think I usually remember to wash at least weekly, but I can't be bothered to actually keep track.

panffle
February 5th, 2014, 09:06 AM
My hair doesn't get greasy, but after 5-6 days of not washing my head gets a bit itchy and I notice I shed more! So it's a reminder that it's time to wash :p that's when I stretch my washes for whatever reason (usually when it's cold), I usually wash every 3 days anyway.

jacqueline101
February 5th, 2014, 09:14 AM
My hair gets build up more then greasy from not washing it. If I don't wash it it's because im sick.

milque
February 5th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I'm too much of a greaseball to be able to forget about washing my hair. Usually I'd be greasy enough by the third to know to wash.

Soltimus
February 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I don't forget to wash my hair, I do sometimes forget... to shower... because of stretching washes, ha ha! I keep thinking I JUST did it. So far my husband hasn't complained about me smelling a bit at times so at least that's something. Yup.

:whistle:

Errant
February 5th, 2014, 09:28 AM
I'm not there, yet. I'm new, and have only just begun trying to stretch washes. Every other day is the most I can handle right now. In fact, I'm wearing it up today at work (which I've never done) because it looked so flat even though I washed last night.

Robot Ninja
February 5th, 2014, 10:18 AM
If I forget to wash it that means it didn't need washing. My scalp gets all itchy and flakey before my hair gets greasy, so it's not really something I can just forget about.

spidermom
February 5th, 2014, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure why mine doesn't get greasy or oily, but it doesn't unless I way overdo the silicone or I cowash too often. I always massage my scalp in the shower and rinse it through, and apply meds on scalp every day so my scalp isn't neglected. I'm just very scatterbrained.

I guess it IS weird!

It sounds like you're water-washing every day, so you can't really say you "forget" to wash.

Firefox7275
February 5th, 2014, 10:42 AM
I don't forget, if its worn wavy it gets increasingly poufy and tangled. If worn straight I need dry shampoo around the hairline after two sleeps and greasy enough for a wash by the next day unless home alone.

Weewah
February 5th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I too am a person who gets greasy quickly. If I go more than 2 days without washing my hair it's because I am not leaving the house, and I look really gross. I wish I could stretch washes, better for the hair and less effort!

styric
February 5th, 2014, 11:18 AM
It sounds like you're water-washing every day, so you can't really say you "forget" to wash.

Now that I think about it, you're right. I just didn't think of it that way lol. Thanks :)

AmyBeth
February 5th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Mine gets greasy after 2-3 days also. I put it up for the rest of the week and keep to a regular once weekly schedule of CO (usually) washing. I really don't want to wash any more than that, because I am purposely stretching washes. I wish I could forget, you're very lucky!

sumidha
February 5th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Kind of- I wash around once a week, so it's not uncommon for me to forget exactly how long it's been since the last time I washed. Five days? Seven? I kind of just wash my hair when my scalp starts to feel buildup-y. :shrug:

woodswanderer
February 5th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I sure don't forget. I try to style my hair differently so I can squeeze in one more day before washing. Usually I stretch my wash 3 or 4 days.

walterSCAN
February 5th, 2014, 12:12 PM
I don't forget to wash my hair, I do sometimes forget... to shower... because of stretching washes, ha ha! I keep thinking I JUST did it. So far my husband hasn't complained about me smelling a bit at times so at least that's something. Yup.

I wondered if I'd be the only one... :whistle:

RapunzelKat
February 5th, 2014, 12:33 PM
No, unfortunately my scalp gets flaky and complains bitterly after the 3 to 4 day mark, plus my hair looks awful, so I don't forget.

I wish I could go long enough in between to forget, maybe I should try water rinses in between... :hmm:

Sarahlabyrinth
February 5th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I can't forget to wash, my scalp gets itchy then I know it's time to wash. But sometimes if I'm busy it will be put off until the next day. So is it possible to stretch washes a bit more by water washing in between?
Mind you if I 'm going to soak my hair in the shower anyway I may as well just get out the shampoo and be done with it.

JessicaAnn
February 5th, 2014, 12:41 PM
When my hair was down past my waist I had a schedule of washing it Sunday night, Tuesday night, and Thursday night (sometimes moving this one to Friday if I had something I wanted fluffy hair for over the weekend). I've tried to keep to that schedule since getting my hair cut to SL in October. Now that it is nearing APL I find that it is getting much easier to stretch washes. So much so that do sometimes forget that it is time to wash my hair to keep on schedule. I don't know that I'll ever be able to cut down to two washes a week on a regular basis. I really like playing with my hair and that tends to get it oily pretty quick. But through sheer forgetfulness I've done it a few times on accident.

Quasiquixotic
February 5th, 2014, 12:49 PM

Lol! Soltimus, I'm the same way. I do prefer baths to showers, unless I'm washing my hair. But I will forget or go many days between bathing. We live in the country and don't really come off the mountain much in the winter so it's not so bad.

Soltimus
February 5th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I wondered if I'd be the only one... :whistle:

Lol! Soltimus, I'm the same way. I do prefer baths to showers, unless I'm washing my hair. But I will forget or go many days between bathing. We live in the country and don't really come off the mountain much in the winter so it's not so bad.

Ha ha ha, I'm so glad I'm not alone in this! :D

Marbid
February 5th, 2014, 02:02 PM
I forget... I forget it all... I don't have an itchy or oily scalp.... So sometimes i forget... If i am planing on washing my hair, sometimes I'm jus too lazy to go around with wet hair..... I do forget to shower once in a while too... Usually when I'm all caught up in some new game or new victorian romance book..... Yeah, i can easily spend the whole day on the couch if i get swallowed up in some sort of entertainment... Even too lazy to eat and just munch on almonds ( because they kill the hunger better than chips) all day long cuz i cant be bothered to make food, and too many food allergies to eat tv dinners...... So.... Ultra lazy. I guess its good for benign neglect... Also often just bun my hair for days before brushing. Thanks to buns all the time and sleep cap there are barely any tangles after 3 days of laziness... :)

Mizumi
February 6th, 2014, 05:49 AM
No, my hair becomes greasy quite fast. After 2 full days It's all dirty and my scalp starts to itch. Also, I notice more dandruff.

Tini'sNewHair
February 6th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Haha I will join in to, what the heck :disco:

Ha ha ha, I'm so glad I'm not alone in this! :D

Henna Girl
February 6th, 2014, 06:08 AM
I swim 3 times a week and I have to wash my hair afterwards because I don't like to leave the chlorine in my hair. It is impossible for me to forget :)

meteor
February 6th, 2014, 10:49 AM
It happens to me only rarely, when the seasons change from humid to extra-dry, so the hair looks dry/non-greasy for much longer, so I just used that opportunity to stretch washes.

Tota
February 6th, 2014, 11:11 AM
It's impossible to forget with hair like mine :( After three days my hair needs a wash no matter what. I can CO-wash or CWC-wash or shampoo or whatever.

Ambystoma
February 7th, 2014, 06:05 PM
If I forget to wash it that means it didn't need washing. My scalp gets all itchy and flakey before my hair gets greasy, so it's not really something I can just forget about.

Me too, my scalp feels nasty well before my hair looks/feels/smells off, so there's no chance of forgetting since it's uncomfortable. Not itchy or flaky like you, but it just feels kind of gross and "congested" because of the sebum layer. I get away with twice weekly washes though and my scalp feels pretty clean and nice with that frequency so I'm very lucky, since if it felt that way sooner there's no way I'd put up with it!

Carolyn
February 7th, 2014, 06:18 PM
No. Forgetting to wash my hair would be like forgetting to eat. And that will never happen.

My hair is getting gross and nasty and sebumy by the afternoon or evening of the second day. My scalp itches and my sebum smells awful. I look forward to washing my hair and getting rid of the itches and the icky smell. Clean hair makes me feel good and dirty hair makes me feel all gross and nasty.

LadyLongLocks
February 7th, 2014, 11:56 PM
I try to wash on Fridays, but sometimes I forget and run out of time. I stretch it another day with dry shampoo. My scalp also itches so that reminds me I need to wash it.

&rea
February 8th, 2014, 12:25 AM
I'm not to the point that yet, but it would be nice! My hair can make to to day 3 with dry shampoo, but no further than that.