PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone diagnose this?

frodolaughs
September 11th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Yesterday I read Kirin's hair diagnostic article, and decided it would be interesting to do a clarifying wash, let my hair dry, and see what it looked like 'naked.' My hair is stick straight, but when it dried although it stayed shiny and didn't tangle too badly, but every single hair on my head ended its last 1-2 inches by curling straight out from my head. And I do mean every hair, from the baby hairs to the full-length ones and everything in between. It looked like my hair had turned into a carpet. Has this happened to anyone else?

brok3nwings
September 11th, 2008, 10:15 AM
did you just wash? or have you put some conditioner? Cause i must say...my hair without conditioner and with a clarifying wash would look like a completly frizzy mess with knots from my scalp into my ends!

Anje
September 11th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Heh. My hair does that, particularly post-shampoo -- I always figured it was a 1c to 2a effect, but it might make you a 1b.

Conditioning will lessen it, of course, and I've found oils will weigh it down a bit too. Others will suggest aloe gel, though it makes me tangly.

Kirin
September 11th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Pretty much this would manifest itself as "fly away" hair, or flyaway ends, which seem to defy gravity when not weighted down. Your hair is likely in good condition, on the whole, but the ends likely need moisture or light oiling to make them stop defying gravity!

brok3nwings
September 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I seam to have more of those when i dont use cones...

chelles2kids
September 11th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I think that's pretty typical after clarifying, because basically your stripping everything outta your hair.;)

It's usually better if you do some type of deep treatment after a clarifying wash, or at least in my experience it is.

Michelle