PDA

View Full Version : Do you complain about washing your hair?

Browneyedbelle9
February 4th, 2014, 05:57 PM
For me, my boyfriend loves to go to the beach all the time, and conveniently for me (not) he will say, babe let's go for a swim.

And it happens to be after I have either just washed it/straightened it/it's behaving.

I hate washing my hair, it takes a while to wash all the shampoo and conditioner out and get the knots out.

Does anybody else loathe washing their hair?

cathair
February 4th, 2014, 06:03 PM
I don't like thinking about having to do it. It feels like a lot of effort. But once I start washing it I enjoy it :)

Browneyedbelle9
February 4th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah me too Cathair :) Once it's done and smells lovely I'm super happy, but I hate the idea of doing it, if that makes sense.

Your hair texture is lovely btw

cathair
February 4th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Thank you :flower: I love your colour, I wish mine was still as dark as yours :)

Browneyedbelle9
February 4th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Aww thanks, my natural hair colour has always been very dark :o but I love yours too, my sister has curly hair but she doesn't like it, I wish she could see how pretty it can look- like yours :)

nena_shawty
February 4th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Yes, I hate washing my hair because it takes too long to dry. So when it starts getting greasy I'm like grr...also I love to exercise but I hesitate because I know I will have to wash my hair sooner so sometimes I pass on the being active, so therefore I'm not in good shape anymore since growing my hair out. :(

woodswanderer
February 4th, 2014, 06:28 PM
I do, especially in winter. It takes too long to dry, and then if I go around people who smoke I need to wash it again ahead of schedule.

Tini'sNewHair
February 4th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah i dont like having to wash it in between my stretches especially.

Browneyedbelle9
February 4th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Grrr I straightened my hair for a party and it was perfect, and then everyone was smoking around me and my bf is like now you have to have a shower tonight and wash your hair, and I was like damnit, all the time making sure it was silky smooth and back to the start lol.

Woodswanderer- my hair has never been so long it takes forever to dry, it takes a little while, but after the beach I hate washing it, it's all white and knotty :(

Nena-Shawty I hate it greasy, then everyone knows I have to wash it- especially the bf

Rio040113
February 4th, 2014, 06:38 PM
I don't like thinking about having to do it. It feels like a lot of effort. But once I start washing it I enjoy it :)

Agreed ^

Plus I dislike the feeling of wet hair down my back, especially when it's either Winter and super cold or Summer and super hot, ew!

CurlyCap
February 4th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Co-wash? Never.

Shampoo? !@#&*(&^!*&@^$*(&^!*(&^!!!!

cat11
February 4th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I usually love it... but I do hate if anything "interrupts" my wash cycle like that, like swimming or some product I put in my hair that just made it gross, deep conditioner I didn't get all the way out, ect... Things like that definitely throw off the "hair balance" haha

Madora
February 4th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Washing it is the only downside to having long hair. Which is why I gradually stretched my shampooing to once a month. I have a problem with my right foot so standing for more than 10 minutes is not an option. I shampoo while seated and in the bent at the waist position. Getting the soap out seems to take forever sometime, though I'm careful not to overdo it with my diluted shampoo. Wish I could snap my fingers and presto..beautiful, tangle free, dry hair!:magic:

Firefox7275
February 4th, 2014, 09:05 PM
I like washing my hair, it feels nice and I don't suffer with tangles because I conditioner only wash and use leave in conditioner. Don't much like drying my hair (long plop then air or diffuser then air) it takes forever.

neko_kawaii
February 4th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I don't think about my hair in terms of behaving and misbehaving and washing only takes a few minutes, so, no, can't say I've ever complained about washing my hair. Not as an adult anyway!

Seeshami
February 4th, 2014, 09:42 PM
I ask people to do it for me. Brush and braid too. No one ever does. :(

Spindle
February 4th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Ditto Seeshami, wouldn't that be nice :pray: :)

spirals
February 4th, 2014, 10:39 PM
It's not the washing that bugs me; it's the drying. It takes too long and it's cold here. I could stretch to 5 days if my scalp wasn't so finicky. It doesn't get greasy, but does get itchy. Anyway, my hair always looks fab on washday.

MissHoney
February 4th, 2014, 11:38 PM
I complain about not washing my hair. Unless I used 2 handfuls of gel to make a bun the night before, I very rarely have the choice to skip water without looking ridiculous. I hope it gets easier with length.

Dragon
February 5th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Yes. It doesn't matter if it's long or short, I still hate it. But I don't hate it enough to let one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulVUPEXVUKs hair washing robots come near it.

Mellybee
February 5th, 2014, 12:22 AM
I'm chiming in with the "I don't want to at first but then I enjoy it" people.

And I love the feeling of clean hair. Makes me super happy.
I really dislike washing my hair just before work, though. I feel like I'm wasting beautiful clean hair just to come back having it smell like food :(

Sarahlabyrinth
February 5th, 2014, 12:50 AM
No, I love washing my hair. It feels like I am doing something nice for it and it thanks me for it by looking great afterwards.

MissBubble
February 5th, 2014, 01:27 AM
I don't like washing my hair. Especially now in winter that is too cold. I am always cold when I wash no matter the heaters I have on. It dries quickly, in an hour or so, but I don't like waiting. And sometimes my hair misbehaves after washing.
I also have to clean the tub right after because my red dye can always stain.
And, because I wash in the morning, doing at night will leave me with hideous hair the next day, if it is working day, I wake up an hour earlier in order to do it, which I don't like either.
I only enjoy long baths in the evenings in a shower cap.

During summer, if I go on vacations somewhere on a beach for a week or so, I have to wash it every day, but I say nothing, it is just a week. I don't mind doing it every or every other weekend that I go mini trips to the beach, but a whole week is too much. Especially if I have a color that fades.

Whatever ruins my wash routine makes me angry... Frequent swimming, dirt and smoke after going out at night (I also like using a dry shampoo in this case, takes away bad smells) a conditioning that went bad, oily etc...

ExpectoPatronum
February 5th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Since I'm changing routines to something all natural, I quite like washing my hair. It gives me a chance to try some new things out to try and perfect this all natural thing. Also, with shampoo bars, my hair actually dries a LOT faster. Like..within two hours. For the time being, I'm washing it every day and it's working just fine. I also feels good in the evening to wash the day away, so to speak.

G1ll
February 5th, 2014, 05:53 AM
I hate washing my hair, or getting my hair wet in general because it takes a minimum of three hours to dry. Ugh.

Kiminath
February 5th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Mine has started to take so long to dry which is horrible in the winter. I can't wait for summer!

Zebra Fish
February 5th, 2014, 06:09 AM
I don't really like washing my hair and like to stretch as much as possible (and I am like that since elementary school).

But as soon as the sea is warm enough to go in... I don't mind it at all as I LOVE being in the sea. Never had hair problems because of salty water until I started dying it.

Johannah
February 5th, 2014, 06:24 AM
I do love it. For no reason. :p

Selkie-
February 5th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Haha - this thread is amusing. At the moment I am actually enjoying washing my hair because it means that I can experiment with different products and air-drying techniques - ah yes, I am in that experimental phase of LHC membership. ;)

mariakatija
February 5th, 2014, 06:47 AM
I love washing my hair! I find it fun and like a ritual.

sarahthegemini
February 5th, 2014, 07:02 AM
I find the whole task so boring.

spidermom
February 5th, 2014, 07:42 AM
When it was much longer, I hated washing it in cold weather because then I'd have wet hair hanging all over me for hours, chilling me. It took an hour to blow-dry it and I usually didn't have an hour free to do it. I ended up buying a bonnet dryer that I could just plop my hair into and let it dry while I worked my medical transcription job at home.

Now it's shorter and layered and takes much less time to dry, so I don't mind washing it.

jacqueline101
February 5th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I just set a routine time to go with my wash day. I try not to sweat it. I love the end results and I'm practicing benign neglect so I try not to look at my hair or think about it.

Chromis
February 5th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I like the washing part, waiting for it to dry is annoying. I dislike that wet clammy cold hair feeling even in summer. I felt the same way when it was shorter too. The hair under my nape is always last to dry, so it doesn't really matter how long the rest is!

I normally let it dry to damp and then put it back up. Aside from not liking all that wet hair on me, it gets in the way when down anyhow!

Madora
February 5th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Mine has started to take so long to dry which is horrible in the winter. I can't wait for summer!

Kiminath, I dry my almost knee length hair in 20 minutes (outdoors..65 degrees) or indoors in 45 minutes with a portable electric heater. I have a special technique which really speeds the hair drying process yet is gentle on your hair.

Here's a link to how it is done: http://web.archive.org/web/20111210063829/http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=223