PDA

View Full Version : In-depth crown braid how-to!

lapushka
February 4th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Thought this was way cool. Explanation on how a (halo) crown braid is done + demonstration on a model:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wMq9boken8

Tini'sNewHair
February 4th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Thank you :joy: I struggle getting that perfect crown braid done and i THINK that this might be the magic i need... I cant wait to practice on my daughter :D

Gumball
February 4th, 2014, 04:59 PM
That's one of the techniques I am definitely not proficient in yet primarily because when I've done it the people I've tried it on sat rod straight (just like the video cautions against), but also for extreme lack of practice. I'll have to give it another go sometime soon! Time to try and find a human bobble head to guinea pig. :twisted: :silly:

I really like her work.

Rio040113
February 4th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Awesome video but I think it's still beyond me and my (lack of) braiding skills!

BritishBraider
February 6th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Oooooo I shall have to try this! Thanks for the link!

millyaulait
February 6th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Lovely. I really, really suck at crown braids but I'm going to try again now. :flower:

lapushka
February 6th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I'm especially fond of the sectioning, but my gosh to do this on yourself... I couldn't imagine it (more like messy rather than neat).

Neptune
January 25th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Ooo lapushka i just found this old thread --- was looking for help with a crown braid. Can't wait to try it tomorrow :)

Zwaluw
January 28th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Since there's a thread already, I might say it here.

I got a tip from someone to start braiding from behind my ear and that made all the difference for me :)