PDA

View Full Version : I wanna cut my hair when..

Skade
February 4th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Sometimes I feel like... :wail: :taz: Damn you hair... I´m going crazy, I´m gonna cut you off!! :horse: :scissors:

Lately I have been feeling like this a lot. So I have the need for a thread to go in to occasionally when I get the urge to cut my hair, and instead write off my frustration. So it´s more like a thread to keep from cutting of my hair.

So long haired ladies, when you feel frustrated about your long locks (and I know we all do sometimes) don´t ignore it until you burst and cut it off. Come in here and share/cry/whine/scream it off and then continue on your path towards that long hair goal..:cheer: In a calmer state of mind :meditate:

ETA:

And yes, I do have some things to whine about right now...

I wanna cut my hair... whenever I need to vacuum. Why is there hair everywhere? Why can´t it all stay on my head? My hair would be so thick! I mean the whole vacuum is full of hair, and the clothes, the floors etc..

When I get tangles from hell, the ones that just don't want to let go of my hair. You will not prevail tangles from the dark side, I will fight back! :luke:

PixieLinds
February 4th, 2014, 08:46 AM
When I go to do something sometimes (usually only when I dont have a pony tail holder) and it will fall in my face and get in the way. It'll drive me absolutely batty!

sourgrl
February 4th, 2014, 08:58 AM
The one thing that makes me crazy, and it is the one thing that has for years caused me to chop from BSL to collar bone, is finding shed hair EVERYWHERE. Even though I am wearing my hair up 90% of the time it's still every where. Just everywhere...:taz:

Rio040113
February 4th, 2014, 08:58 AM
When I see how thin my ends are, stupid hair loss!

Johannah
February 4th, 2014, 09:15 AM
When I see my hemline/layers. Yak.

spidermom
February 4th, 2014, 09:15 AM
When I see dozens/hundreds/thousands of split ends. My current solution - don't look. And get regular hair cuts. I'm not actively growing my hair currently, maintaining U-hem at waist with shorter layers.

Yozhik
February 4th, 2014, 09:34 AM
When . . . I see pictures of myself from 5+ years ago with a cute bob.

swearnsue
February 4th, 2014, 09:44 AM
When I'm in the kitchen and my hands are covered in oil or flour or whatever and the few wispy baby hairs insist on flying into my face, tickle my nose, poke my eyes!

I take a deep breath, wash my hands and smooth the hairs back with aloe vera gel. Then get back into the kitchen...

Micayla47
February 4th, 2014, 09:51 AM
when i brush out handfuls of hair i wonder how i'm not bald. but that's not what makes me want to cut my hair. it's when i see old pictures of myself with a blond bob and then look at my ashy brown/hennaed hair in an old lady bun... then i check into LHC and read inspiring stories and look at inspiring pictures and remember my goal and put the scissors away :joy:

Long_hair_bear
February 4th, 2014, 09:57 AM
when I get the tangles around my chin line that I complain about alot. I have to be very patient getting them out too, so as not to rip my hair out or break it, and that takes alot of time. I'd never cut my hair, but sometimes it sounds tempting. I just remember how bad I look in short hair, and that helps my frustrations calm abit.

melusine963
February 4th, 2014, 10:14 AM
When I look at my taper that is barely improving, despite gentle LHC care.

Katrine
February 4th, 2014, 10:35 AM
When I remember how nice my hem line used to be and see the taper I have now. And that I have to wear black if I want to wear my hair down.

Long_hair_bear
February 4th, 2014, 10:36 AM
[COLOR=#b22222]Sometimes I feel like... :wail: :taz: Damn you hair... I´m going crazy, I´m gonna cut you off!! :horse: :scissors:

And don't worry, I'm pretty sure we ALL feel like that from time to time. Of course, I pry shouldn't speak for everyone, but I know I feel like wacking it all off from time to time!

AspenSong
February 4th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I get in this mindset. In fact, I was there yesterday! I want to cut my hair when I feel like it's useless and ugly and I can't do anything with it!!
Yesterdays came from anger at my ends being tangly a bit and because I had this idea last week that I wanted to do a bunch of Blogs here in Feb called 28 Buns or 28 Styles and every Friday post a blog with 7 new styles or ones I've never done before. Well I started trying to mess with my hair yesterday and everything I did failed. Can't crown braid and make it look decent because my hair is so thin and fine. Can't do 80% of the buns I like on other people, because my hair is too fine and thin. Etc..etc.. I literally got so downhearted yesterday that I wanted to cut it off. =( And this was even after I had my husband mark where my hair is and found out I'm stupid at measuring my own hair at this length and it's longer than fingertip now...it's closer to mid thigh! I'm pretty much right between classic and knee, with about 5 inches to go until knee. I just get so hung up at times on being what I feel like is a minority here and feeling like I can't do anything with my hair and it'll never be nice.

I took a deep breath last night and just resolved to do some heavy s&d-ing and see if that helped the tangles and try to let the sadness/frustration go.

Heavy Raindrops
February 4th, 2014, 11:50 AM
When I go out for a run and my hair is being a nuisance.
When I do a workout in general.
When I see the ends of my hair.

AmyBeth
February 4th, 2014, 11:53 AM
When I realize how "blah" my hair is. It's very thin, fine, not an "interesting" color. No waves or wurls. I think that if it could just be LONG, it would be "special". And now, at hip, the growth has slowed down so much. I wanted to see classic, and I don't think it's going to happen. And I get impatient. I think that if it can't get much longer, why not cut it off and enjoy blowdried styles, hot rollers, and flat ironing and never worry about damage because I'd be trimming in 6 weeks anyway.
Something that definitely gives me pause is looking at my lovely collection of hair toys. I love them, and they are fun. If I cut my hair any shorter than APL, I don't think I would be able to use a lot of them anymore. That represents a lot of wasted money.

AmyBeth
February 4th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I get in this mindset. In fact, I was there yesterday.I want to cut my hair when I feel like it's useless and ugly and I can't do anything with it!!
Yesterdays came from anger at my ends being tangly a bit and because I had this idea last week that I wanted to do a bunch of Blogs here in Feb called 28 Buns or 28 Styles and every Friday post a blog with 7 new styles or ones I've never done before. Well I started trying to mess with my hair yesterday and everything I did failed. Can't crown braid and make it look decent because my hair is so thin and fine. Can't do 80% of the buns I like on other people, because my hair is too fine and thin. Etc..etc.. I literally got so downhearted yesterday that I wanted to cut it off. =( And this was even after I had my husband mark where my hair is and found out I'm stupid at measuring my own hair at this length and it's longer than fingertip now...it's closer to mid thigh! I'm pretty much right between classic and knee, with about 5 inches to go until knee. I just get so hung up at times on being what I feel like is a minority here and feeling like I can't do anything with my hair and it'll never be nice.

I took a deep breath last night and just resolved to do some heavy s&d-ing and see if that helped the tangles and try to let the sadness/frustration go.

I've seen the pictures of your hair here, and I'd sell my firstborn for hair like that!

sumidha
February 4th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Oh AspenSong, I sympathize so completely- I came here to post that same frustration! <3

Pretty much the only time I have to fight the urge to chop is on those days where I try a fancy hairstyle, and it totally fails, and then I try something simpler, and simpler, and simpler, and the hair just will not cooperate with anything I do... Oh man, I want to grab the scissors and teach those stubborn hairs a lesson!

Buuuuut then I remind myself what a pain wavy short hair with a mind of it's own is, and that really, I get more good hair days with long hair than short, and then I slick it back into the tightest, plainest (wonky, because it's still not cooperating with anything) bun I can manage to punish it, and try to forget about it for the rest of my day... I'm slightly concerned about that level of hair anthropomorphism. :lol:

AmyBeth
February 4th, 2014, 12:07 PM
While I'm here, I may as well mention something that I've kept to myself for a few months. My forementioned firstborn DD got married last August and I was so pleased with my hair the day of her wedding. I washed it in the morning and damp bunned it to dry so I would get some kind of body out of it. The wedding was in the evening and just before the ceremony, I let it down and shook it out and was pleased with it. When I saw the pictures, I was horrified. I think I looked like some aging, unkempt hippie sort (don't get me wrong, I loved the hippie culture and ideals). I'm also a bit overweight and when I saw the pictures, I thought "Mama Cass Ellliot at 50". Again, I love Cass Elliot's work and I think she was lovely, but even SHE was unhappy with her appearance. That, plus the fact that my hair has virtually stopped growing makes me doubt that I really want to keep my hair long at all. I've big chopped before after having long hair all my life (never longer than it is now-just wouldn't grow any longer). I regretted chopping immediately, so I guess I just have to accept that it is what it is.
's

cranberrymoonz
February 4th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Whenever I feel how rough my ends are and how soft the top is. Sometimes I'd imagine how thick and healthy my ends would be at shoulder length. It would involve cutting half my hair though, and I love the feeling of hair on my back^^

jacqueline101
February 4th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I'd like to cut mine when I have fly aways that stick straight up in the air when there is static.

Stray_mind
February 4th, 2014, 12:11 PM
The reason i cut my hair to shoulder lenght was because it looked soo thin.. I was finding shed hairs everywhere and my hair tangled like crazy.. I also had a lot of breakage, so my braids looked awful.. I hated my hair then...

Verdandi
February 4th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I noticed my hemline went crazy deep-V a few days ago. I think it looks so strange on me and just want to go back to my bright red chin length bob. At the moment my hair is just "meh" and "blah" with sad winter ends and grey looking roots. To avoid the urge to cut, I went to pet my new flexis and ONN-sticks and convinced myself that if I cut it, I won't be able to wear them. And then I ordered a box of Tints of natures semi permanent dye to make my roots blend better and hopefully make it look a bit more decent. The thoughts of chopping isn't gone, but it's not as huge.

Unofficial_Rose
February 4th, 2014, 12:18 PM
When I get out of my car and a gust of wind sticks hair to lipgloss. I remove hair from lips. Then another gust of wind sticks it back to them. Aargh!

arelrios
February 4th, 2014, 12:34 PM
When I sweep and see the zillion hairs on the floor, or when I wash it and see the zillion hairs in the drain... When I see that no matter what I do, as soon as I step outside, it becomes a poof ball... When my hairline doesn't cooperate to have a nice sleek back style, when I can't do other style other than a french/dutch braid... when I cannot decide if it is wavy or straight... ugh... so so so many reasons....

cathair
February 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM
When I get out of my car and a gust of wind sticks hair to lipgloss. I remove hair from lips. Then another gust of wind sticks it back to them. Aargh!

Eeek, I hate that so much! I just about gave up on lip gloss, even chap stick is bad, I can't stand that.

I nearly want to cut my hair (or just let it dread) when I detangle my hair, put it down and it's already tangled again, before I have even moved anywhere. Then those tangles are so hard to get out without ripping that each hair has to be separated individually. If I do anything else I can hear that horrible 'popping' noise. And then I think I will never be able to plait my hair or run my fingers through my hair, because it's just too hard to separate. But then I realise it's actually probably time to S&D or wash my hair and it goes away for a few days and I don't feel like that any more.

Loviatar
February 4th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I wanna cut my hair... whenever I need to vacuum. Why is there hair everywhere? Why can´t it all stay on my head? My hair would be so thick! I mean the whole vacuum is full of hair, and the clothes, the floors etc..

I want to cut my HOUSEMATE'S hair when I vacuum. :lol: she's shoulder length, 3c and she's broken my Dyson vac three times with her hair. She sheds eeeeeverywhere.

I want to cut my hair when it refuses to look tidy. Drat you 'shaggy bob' stage. It's only just long enough for a pony stub and my bangs are right in my eyes! Grrrr.

woodswanderer
February 4th, 2014, 02:52 PM
When I want to swim in the ocean and I have to figure out a way to keep my hair dry.

swearnsue
February 4th, 2014, 03:08 PM
While I'm here, I may as well mention something that I've kept to myself for a few months. My forementioned firstborn DD got married last August and I was so pleased with my hair the day of her wedding. I washed it in the morning and damp bunned it to dry so I would get some kind of body out of it. The wedding was in the evening and just before the ceremony, I let it down and shook it out and was pleased with it. When I saw the pictures, I was horrified. I think I looked like some aging, unkempt hippie sort (don't get me wrong, I loved the hippie culture and ideals). I'm also a bit overweight and when I saw the pictures, I thought "Mama Cass Ellliot at 50". Again, I love Cass Elliot's work and I think she was lovely, but even SHE was unhappy with her appearance. That, plus the fact that my hair has virtually stopped growing makes me doubt that I really want to keep my hair long at all. I've big chopped before after having long hair all my life (never longer than it is now-just wouldn't grow any longer). I regretted chopping immediately, so I guess I just have to accept that it is what it is.
's

I know what you mean! I have two "looks". One is an old hippy, the other is an old lady with a bun! Well, I AM an old hippy so I guess it makes sense.

Sofialu
February 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM
When I see really great short edgy cuts!

Browneyedbelle9
February 4th, 2014, 05:51 PM
When the ends won't cooperate and split all the way up, but if I put morocan oil they seem to not be as bad- HOWEVER the stupid knots I have like now for example after swimming on the weekend.

Tini'sNewHair
February 4th, 2014, 06:15 PM
I dont like the ombre effect my hair has "naturally", I remember when i first did the big cut to just above shoulders i tried to fry it with heat once again because my ends were flipping everywhere and i couldnt leave my hair down - I think thats the reason why my ends go velcro as well and i want to CUT but I just cant do it YET - Waiting to get to waist so i can mantain.

Browneyedbelle9
February 4th, 2014, 06:28 PM
I know it sucks Tini'snewhair- I haven't seen your hair yet btw- is it at BSL?

AmyBeth
February 4th, 2014, 07:32 PM
I know what you mean! I have two "looks". One is an old hippy, the other is an old lady with a bun! Well, I AM an old hippy so I guess it makes sense.
Ha ha! Me too! I've got both looks down pat. I wanted to be a hippy when I grew up, but by the time I was old enough, they had all gotten jobs on wall street, I think:D Call me vain: I thought I was going for Michelle Phillips rather than poor sweet Cass.

TheLuckyLurker
February 4th, 2014, 08:44 PM
I wanna cut it when I think about how tedious and time-consuming my wash/dry process is (and yes, I HAVE to do all this if I want my hair to just be decent; I've given up on it actually being nice.):CWC then get out of the shower and put it under a plastic cap for half an hour, then rinse and squeeze squeeze squeeze the excess water out and wrap it in a towel for 2 hours. Then leave-in conditioner and olive oil. Then the drying. If I want it to be dry by the next day, I can put it in pigtails (which I hate doing on wet hair), or what I've been doing for the past few weeks: I ponytail my wet hair with a scrunchy, and then pull it down close to ends like I would for Feye's trimming method. After five or six hours it's just damp, and the ponytail holder keeps the hair stretched (air drying for the sake of showing off my curl pattern SO doesn't work for me). So I run a TT through it one more time and then put it in an english braid, which I pin to my head until bed time so it doesn't rub against my shirt. My hair's long enough now that my braid tassel sticks up on the top of my head and makes me look like Pebbles Flintstone. Only not as stylish.

And I'm not even at my goal length yet (which is another gripe; I only wanted BSL, but I still can't do a nautilus bun, so I'm gonna grow to waist and try again). Add the need for almost constant S&Ds, and yeah. Whacking it off to just long enough for updos is pretty tempting sometimes.

Neneka
February 5th, 2014, 03:41 AM
When I think about growing my natural hair colour back and think how long it would take.

norsbaby85
February 5th, 2014, 03:57 AM
I get urges when I have my hair down at work and im spending half the night flinging it out of my way. My job is physical so most the time it's up but i love wearing it down but find its harder the longer it gets. Drives me nuts.

milque
February 5th, 2014, 04:30 AM
When my ends feel really dry and Velcro-y. Also when there are tons of split ends and those icky white dots. I imagine cutting my hair to shoulder length where it'll be soft and bouncy.

Then I look at beautiful pictures of girls with hair down to their belly button and I manage to kill.the urge.

Rachxx
February 5th, 2014, 05:29 AM
When my hair takes at least 6 hours to dry after washing, even though I just cut it back to around apl -_-

Rachxx
February 5th, 2014, 05:30 AM
bsl* Oops, I keep making that mistake

Kiminath
February 5th, 2014, 05:52 AM
When it gets really matted.
When I see all the regrowth from my postnatal shed. It's about 6 inches long and makes my hair look so weird.

ooglipoo
February 5th, 2014, 07:05 AM
When I sit on it, or when an animal or small child becomes entangled in it, then I want to cut it! But only for a few seconds...

Gaelle27
February 5th, 2014, 07:30 AM
When I look at my ends and find hundreds of split ends, and when I notice my thin ends... It makes me want to chop all to BSL :steam But I'm sure I would regret it...
so I remember myself that 2014 is the year of S&D, and microtrimming, put my hair back up and forget about it...

G1ll
February 5th, 2014, 08:06 AM
When I see my ends. Most of them right now are good, but I have really bad ones randomly throughout. Sometimes I wanna shave my head and start all over

flowerrchiild_
February 5th, 2014, 08:13 AM
I want to cut my hair so bad, I notice so many split ends when I'm bored sitting around, it drives me crazy.

sharonluvscats
February 5th, 2014, 08:16 AM
I want to cut it sometimes, because I miss wearing it down to bed. Now it just gets everywhere and tangles. The other day my hair got caught in a car door for the first time and it was annoying at first, but I realized how people on here always complain about it. I feel like I've hit a new milestone.

kganihanova
February 5th, 2014, 09:46 AM
When I look at my growing out layers

Shizuku
February 5th, 2014, 10:29 AM
When I see the last bit of bleached ends.

Weewah
February 5th, 2014, 11:18 AM
When I find a bunch of split ends, but then I realize they're all mostly located in my damaged layers so cutting my hair from the longest part won't even get the split ends. So it's just constant s&d'ing for the time being until my damaged layers are long enough where I'm comfortable trimming to their length.

Skade
February 5th, 2014, 01:06 PM
So nice and funny to read everyone's responses :D I´m glad I´m not the only one feeling frustrated about my hair sometimes.

casharp
February 5th, 2014, 01:09 PM
When it blows in my face on a windy day. But I cut my bangs, so problem solved :D

Chiquita Banana
February 5th, 2014, 02:02 PM
The whole vacuum thing. Eeek! Does the Dyson really work because if so, I might start saving up for one...

Also, the split ends. I've been so careful to protect my hair over the last couple of years but despite that I now have splits galore that are super hard to find in my thick mess of fine hair. lol. I just ordered a pair of shears off of Amazon and plan to carefully search and destroy what I can because these splits are driving me crazy. :justy:

Chiquita Banana
February 5th, 2014, 02:03 PM
The whole vacuum thing. Eeek! Does the Dyson really work because if so, I might start saving up for one...

Also, the split ends. I've been so careful to protect my hair over the last couple of years but despite that I now have splits galore that are super hard to find in my thick mess of fine hair. lol. I just ordered a pair of shears off of Amazon and plan to carefully search and destroy what I can because these splits are driving me crazy. :justy:

Brileeka
February 6th, 2014, 07:51 PM
When I notice how uneven and thin my ends are and think it would be so much better if it was all even. But I know I would regret it.

nuvola
February 6th, 2014, 08:30 PM
When I get toothpaste in my hair while rinsing my mouth after tooth brushing :D

Avis
February 6th, 2014, 10:01 PM
I wanna cut my hair when:

-I remember how quickly it dried when it was a pixie.
-When I think about how long it will be before I can grow out my layers.

But I would never cut because I'm getting a pair of hair sticks in about 2 weeks. :)

restless
February 7th, 2014, 02:17 AM
...when I focus a little too much on the look of my hemline. The last inches are a bit thin due to pre-LHC abuse and if I cut them off my hemline would look thicker. However... I dont have the heart to. As it is now, my hair is almost BCL and to get rid off all the old damage I would have to cut it til waist lenght. Thats almost a years´worth of growth. Also, for all that my hemline is a little thin, the ends themselves are soft and even.

So... no. No big cuts. Its microtrimming for me. What I usually do to distract myself when I feel like this is to do a deep treatment with oil as it always makes me feel better about my hair.

MaryMarx
February 7th, 2014, 03:21 AM
When I see that everyone else's hair has double the thickness than I do. And that is all the time I'm awake.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 7th, 2014, 03:43 AM
When it totally and absolutely refuses to co-operate in the style I want for the day, then also refuses any other style either...Usually when I am going out and want it to look extra nice for once!

karenpetal
February 7th, 2014, 05:13 AM
When I get split ends and damage I feel like cutting it off ... If I keep my hair oiled for couple of days and then condition it I feel better

LadyLongLocks
February 8th, 2014, 12:05 AM
When I step on it! Yes I am stepping on it at 74" and 2" past floor. Im going to have to cut it soon. It really makes me mad and it hurts! OUCH! want to see how long it is? Look at this measuring video! ("http://youtu.be/gH84uWZFxsM"[B)

0xalis
February 8th, 2014, 01:48 AM
When I find split ends, when it feels crappy, when It gets in the way, when I'm so paranoid about damage that I'd rather cut it than have it get a TINY bit ratty, when I see short hair look cute on other people, and whenever I've gotten lice shudder:

Selkie-
February 8th, 2014, 05:13 AM
When it feels heavy on my head and I get sick of dealing with all the shedding. :steam

Aderyn
February 9th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Occasionally, I will see someone with short hair (chin-shoulder length) and think about how cute the style is or how exciting it would be to do a big chop and start with "fresh" hair. I kind of wonder what it would be like to have shorter hair with all the knowledge about healthy hair care that I have now. After about 2 minutes I realize that would entail waiting years and years to get back to this length.. so, yeah.. not happening.

Also, as someone mentioned when it's blowing everywhere in the wind. It. Gets. Everywhere.

In my pre-LHC days, I would want to cut my hair after brushing it with a ball-tipped round brush which left me with poofiness and frizz. Even though it is the same length now as it was then, my hair is just so much easier to handle now, even though I spend not even a fifth of the time on it. :D

Lirona
February 9th, 2014, 11:28 PM
When it totally and absolutely refuses to co-operate in the style I want for the day, then also refuses any other style either...Usually when I am going out and want it to look extra nice for once!

Yep. I have something similar, when my hair laughs at the $$ I've spent on beautiful hair toys and refuses to stay in any of them... I actually ended up going out in a plain PONYTAIL because of that recently, the horror! :lol:

hairpleasegrow
February 9th, 2014, 11:51 PM
When I'm under a certain light and I'm looking in the mirror and all I see are splits and bends. The splits and bends in the layers that I want gone yesterday are especially annoying. I just wanna grab the scissors and cut

Sammich
February 10th, 2014, 01:35 AM
When it's super dry and not soft enough!!! :P

Mrspuddinhead
February 10th, 2014, 03:01 PM
First of all I know my hair is thin so....I hate, hate, hate when my beautician feels the need to repeatedly tell me so. I'm very self conscience about this. After ever hair appointment I threaten to chop it off but never do.

JessicaAnn
February 10th, 2014, 03:06 PM
When it gets long enough to start getting caught in things but it isn't "long" yet. Sometimes I think I might stick to my medium length cut. But if I can just hold out until summer my hair will be long again and I'll love it.

MeowScat
February 10th, 2014, 03:09 PM
When I get a huge knot and I'm in a rush to go somewhere. Stresses me out every time.

Brielle
February 10th, 2014, 09:48 PM
When I can't seem to get any style to stay up comfortably. No matter what I do, sometimes it just won't behave and I hate it! :mad:

ladyfey
February 11th, 2014, 04:05 AM
I took a picture of mine down, the ends looked so sad! It was a little longer than I wanted it anyway, so I took off about 3 inches, to the top of the ankle. It seems happier.

melomane
March 4th, 2014, 05:17 PM
When I have to get a new package of ponytails because they snap before making the third loop around my hair:/ Guess I shouldn't complain though.

LongHairLesbian
March 4th, 2014, 05:53 PM
When I have to get a new package of ponytails because they snap before making the third loop around my hair:/ Guess I shouldn't complain though.

Yep, been there. I also tend to over-use ponytail elastics when I find the right ones, and will keep them around until they snap from being wound around my hair one too many times. My mother also gets fairly puny elastics, and sometimes I snap them even when they are brand new. I shouldn't complain that my hair is long ad reasonably thick, but when I'm out when this happens and can't get access to a new one, I feel like chopping all my hair off.

Scarlet_Heart
March 4th, 2014, 06:52 PM
When I get the sheds. Grrr... I find my hair all over the place, it seems to come out in heaps. My rational brain says that it only seems that way because now that it's long enough for updos and hair sticks (etc), it's up all the time, so when I take it down, the shed hairs come out all at once. :shrug: But then my hair-brained brain says, "You imbecile! All this shed hair means your mane will look thin and limp. If you can't have thick, luxurious long hair, might as well chop them ALL! CHOP THEM ALL!! AHH HA HA HA" :justy:

:meditate:

Winterkatze
March 4th, 2014, 08:16 PM
when it is a lot longer. not gonna cut until you can finally see a difference and a bit over that and only cut a little then. otherwise it won't grow any longer... so I accept that my hair is a little thin at the ends. :S

Snidget
March 5th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Not so much cutting it lengthwise, but every now and then I see a great fringe and think 'I'd like to try that'. Then I have to remind myself that fringes and I do not go together at all.

Nymphea
May 26th, 2014, 04:34 AM
...When I feel bored with my length, or when I see pictures of cute bobs and SL hairdos, or when I feel that I need just a little liberation from the length... And then I remember that there is no "just a little". Hair grows, but not that fast :D

SwordWomanRiona
May 26th, 2014, 04:45 AM
When I want a thicker hemline (but I'll stick to micro-trimming for that).
And especially, when my hair becomes so tangly and when it charges up and clings to my arms and everywhere...Then I wonder if my hair would be more manageable and/or would behave better if it were shorter, maybe then I could wear it loose more often and it wouldn't get so tangled? But it's quite probable that my hair behave like that as a whole and that it would get charged and tangled in virtually the same way if it were shorter (because it did behave like that when it was shorter than tailbone). Plus I do love my current length, for now :)

Selkie-
May 26th, 2014, 04:59 AM
When I get sick to death of the way my face looks with my hair in a bun. Whether it's a LWB, nautilus or any other bun it hardly matters because it still looks like the same boring style from the front.

That's when I start dreaming of bangs, layers and short cut bobs.

My solution -- go and learn a new bun style, lol. ;)

Youngjae
May 26th, 2014, 06:47 AM
When at a sleepover at my best friends house, I get up, undo my braid, brush my hair, redo my braid. As for my friend with the pixie cut.... Gets up.... That's it... No braiding or brushing.... No frustrating hair...

Stray_mind
May 26th, 2014, 06:47 AM
When i see a lady with super thick hair in the street and comper mine to hers.. It looks sooo thin and sad.. When i put it in a braid and see how thin it looks. When i find sheds everywhere, when my hair is tangly and messy.....When i start liking a movie/book/Animation character that has a bob or short hair...

höpönasu
May 26th, 2014, 06:56 AM
.. it's dirty and greasy.
.. it refuses to look good.
.. no updo holds.
.. every updo pulls my scalp.
.. oil treatment won't wash away.
.. I worry about it too much.

MINAKO
May 26th, 2014, 07:25 AM
KIKO MIZUHARA!!! Sleek, cute, effortless... i love her hair!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/shimi88/Kiko-Mizuhara-1-1_zps8c9d1e26.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shimi88/media/Kiko-Mizuhara-1-1_zps8c9d1e26.jpg.html)

Apart from that, no cutting in sight, i'm hardly dealing with any problems that'd really get me frustrated enough. :o

Selkie-
May 26th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Minako, that looks so chic and liberating - I've always had a soft spot for a bob! You are tempting me!!

MINAKO
May 26th, 2014, 07:54 AM
I've been planing that cut since late last year and obviously registered here to talk myself out of it, lol. So i guess that's wat i should recommend to you, stay on the route to classic unless you are REALLY sure. But anyways, it's a great simple cut with many options and i would love to style that so much more as my long hair always takes me forever, but then again... it's so pretty when it's done, too. :)

Nymphea
May 26th, 2014, 07:59 AM
MINAKO, come to my thread to talk each other out of the idea, lol! Actually, I think I'll skip the big chop once more this time, although I feel the urge. As we already know, it's a long way back to the old length, and I'm curious to see how I feel about longer hair.

stargazer616
May 26th, 2014, 08:06 AM
I see someone with a cute short haircut. But then I remember my hair is wavy and on me it'd just look really weird.

MINAKO
May 26th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Nymphea, hopping right over to support. Yes the idea of a chop becomes intriguing every now and again, but i told myself i will style the hell out of a bob for a month, then probably get bored with it or lazy and have to walk around with a short stub of a ponytail again forever. I'm coming from a slightly longer length than what is shown in the pic, it was convinient and even put up, still pretty ok, but not impressive.

ErinLeigh
May 26th, 2014, 10:08 PM
When It feels unkempt
When I see a cute short cut
When I think about removing all the layer
When I feel my hair is too thin to look good long on me
When I remember how nice it was to be styled and done within minutes and still have hair worn down
When the claw clip starts to agitate the back of my head from wearing hair up.
When I feel my ends look bad.

LauraLongLocks
May 26th, 2014, 11:23 PM
When I have my hair down or in a braid (so that I can see my ends) and I start examining the ends, looking for splits. I find some, and snip them off, then worry that I've thinned my ends so I should just cut the entire hem anyway.

I'm glad I thought about this. Now I know that my best defense against the cutter in me is to keep my ends put up and out of sight.

Oh, also, when I see others cutting/trimming their hair in posts here on LHC. I've slid the ponytail holder down my length so many times and examined how uneven my hemline is. I see a few racers, plus a difference of about half an inch in my lengths at my hemline and I soooo want to trim them to be all the same. I need to not do that again until January 2015.

So, put my ends up and don't do the ponytail slide thing and check the evenness of the hemline. That's how to prevent cutting.

54chevy
May 26th, 2014, 11:30 PM
When I get it stuck in car doors/windows.

veryhairyfairy
May 27th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Pretty much only when it's in bad condition.
I never really get annoyed at the length or all the hassles of it, but when the ends have been really bad in the past, those grabby, tangly, dry, crackling inches are so frustrating and tough to care for, I want to (and do) cut them.

I want to cut my hair now purely for texture! :headache:
I realized the other day that I have actual waves growing in, and my dye-damaged, heavily thinning (but still in good condition) lengths are so much straighter!
I will be strong and persevere, though, because there's nothing worse than having hair too short to put up securely, and that doesn't happen until hip length for me.

StellaKatherine
May 27th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Everytime i am somewhere between waist and tailbone lenght i get this feeling of cutting it shorter, A LOT shorter. Few years ago i did cut my hair just under my shoulders, came back home happy untill i tried to braid my hair at home and then i cry like a little baby hahaha So growing my hair started again ;) Right now i am just under TB lenght and going for classic and again i have this feeling of cutting. I know i will hate my short hair and i know i will grow it back again and still i want too :) Luckily i've learned many new braid and bun styles so it is easier to keep my hair long and enjoy it :D

OurAtronach
May 27th, 2014, 09:45 AM
When my sleep braid insists on wrapping around my neck during the night. That, plus the elaborate evening ritual. Too bad the satin wrap never stays on...

HintOfMint
May 27th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I want to cut my hair when I see Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina or Roman Holiday, or heck, any other type of gamine model with a cute short haircut. I have to keep reminding myself that I do not have the bone structure to pull that off. I'm pretty but I'm not that pretty and it's perfectly okay. :p

Tall Blond(ish)
May 27th, 2014, 02:51 PM
-The weight gives me a headache
-I think a shorter style would be more flattering to my face
-It takes hours to air dry
-I want to go back to the bleach/color

Loviatar
May 27th, 2014, 03:31 PM
When I try to put my hair up neatly, then realise I have one layer at eye level, one layer at earlobe level, one layer at jawline and one layer almost at shoulder... Aaaargh.

I honestly won't feel like I'm on the road to long hair til the earlobe layer is at shoulder. :justy:

Dreams_in_Pink
May 27th, 2014, 03:31 PM
i wanna cut my hair when...i lose my mind :)

I never get the urge to cut no matter how frustrated i am with it.

cat11
May 27th, 2014, 04:30 PM
when I get buildup that makes my hair feel like crap and I can't get it out, it makes me think my hair is more damaged than it is because of the change in texture. Also when I wear braids, like the op said. They feel so prickly on my skin, but when I look at them they don't look bad... good thing I'm due for a small semiannual trim soon.

AcornMystic
May 27th, 2014, 08:28 PM
...When I see I have layers still left in my hair and a chop back up to shoulder would eliminate them ALL. When I am under high amounts of stress. When I lose sight of my (long-ass time to achieve) goal and am overcome with bouts of need for instant gratification. When I see pics of my neck length bob back in '08 and see how sassy and fun it made me look with the red dye. Best look yet. Especially want to cut when I see the ends of my hair. The damage never fails to show itself though because of the bleach damage I am growing out from old highlights. I had been virgin and needed a change. I was so stupid. I have been under tremendous stress at work and home and I was about to do a major chop about a week ago. I noticed I had an old box of SPLAT purple dye and opted to bleach the underside (base of my neck) hair and dye it purple. Cons: I have more bleach damage to grow out and it makes my journey to virgin even longer. Pros: The bleach didn't actually penetrate the henna into my hair strand so technically it's not damaged right?! :p I managed to keep all my hair. Part of my hair is now (sort of) my favorate colour. It makes my braids/updos look wicked. I bleached over hennaed hair before applying the purple dye and it's colouring is unique; medium (lighter than the rest) red with a soft purple tint.. It's underneath all my other hair so not readily visible.

The pros definiately outweigh the cons. If I feel the stress coming on I expose the dyed part of my hair, stroke it, and I am soothed. Purple is a very comforting and calming colour to me. Also, I am not going to get tired of this because I don't see it all the time and when it peeks out to say hello it's a nice treat. I just need more length and no layers and I'll be right on track. Length never frustrates me. :)

ETA: Just took a pic tonight and thought of this thread, so here's some highlight eye candy. It's kinda lost its purple colour and the bleached henna is showing through more since it was semi-permanent. My hair is still a bit damp (just washed and braided for bed) but the colour is fairly accurate to dry. Wee!! Love it. ^.^

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/FlamingLeo/hair-light-crop_zpsa2089b8f.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/FlamingLeo/media/hair-light-crop_zpsa2089b8f.jpg.html)

Mimione001
May 28th, 2014, 12:28 AM
when.. i have seen a make-over program on tv. That's when i think my hair is not cut right (i prefer to microtrim myself) and the color is wrong :)

LongHairLesbian
May 29th, 2014, 10:06 AM
When I reach the last four inches of braiding, and my old, old layers start to pop out. GRRRRRRR why is every stylist so in love with layering? It is the biggest pain in my neck right now, it makes me want to cut those old layers out, so I can have an even, layer-free hemline. But I'm too attached to my length, so I just grumble about my fuzzy braids a bit and carry on. :)

jt623
May 29th, 2014, 05:53 PM
...when I am in the car with the windows down and forget something to put my hair up with.....

Skade
October 16th, 2014, 07:30 AM
.. when I´m at the gym and my hair flies out of my hairstyle for the third time..

ReneeG
October 16th, 2014, 07:51 AM
When it's too straight or too curly to ever look good!! My texture drives me batty, because it is never sleek even with blowfrying and straightening (which I stopped doing when I joined LHC 8 months ago) but it also isnt curly enough to leave it to its own devices.... Ugh! I just want to teach it a lesson and chop it all off! And then I remember that this texture is exactly why I had to grow out; I look like an unruly prepubescent boy when it's short if I don't fry it into submission, and then it just breaks all over the place meaning wiping down the counters and sinks and floors a million times more often to pick up broken bits.

Or when I feel my stupid bleach fried ends compared to my slippery smooth roots and want to rid myself of them while still wanting to work towards hip length.... Grrr.

I just get on here or pinterest and ogle the kind of hair I hope to one day achieve and it seems to help

Theobroma
October 16th, 2014, 08:53 AM
...when pigs fly and Hell freezes over!

Luana
October 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM

Haha Theobroma, you get it! :laugh:

lapushka
October 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM

Oh this, definitely this! ^^

angstroms
October 16th, 2014, 08:57 AM
...whenever I see how much damage I still have left to grow out!

AmyBeth
October 16th, 2014, 11:07 AM

This, for me, too. Never. However, as my hair gets longer, the tangling is starting to wear on my patience. Most days, it seems like 15-20 minutes is just too much time to spend trying to gently detanle. I'm surprised that going from waist to very near TB length has increased tangling exponentially. My hair gets matted even when braided or bunned. I can't imagine what I'll be up against if I ever reach my more immediate goal of classic. So the thought of cutting back to waist comes up and is always quickly dismissed.

LadyCelestina
October 16th, 2014, 11:36 AM
When I'm lazy about it for a couple days (well two days in a row) and then have to detangle it,especially without loads of slippery conditioner.It's extremely demoralizing because,you know,benign neglect and all that.If loose to tangles to braid is benign neglect :D

LauraLongLocks
October 16th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I see my response in May was when I was not microtrimming. I'm much happier with my microtrim schedule because my ends are looking much better. I have a lot fewer splits. But as far as big chops... no, I don't have any desire to cut more than my 5 mm a month off. So, big chops = never. I never want to cut my hair off and go back to short hair. Small, frequent trims = every single month.

jacqueline101
October 16th, 2014, 05:48 PM
I want to cut mine when it tangles and mats up. When I try things and they fail terribly. Then there are moments when it looks good, feels good, and acts good.

Kristabeth96
October 16th, 2014, 06:23 PM
WHen I forget to put it up before a sleep and I get tangles that look like they require a dog groomer.

tokugawa.miyako
October 16th, 2014, 06:32 PM
When I find new splits and there are more than I thought there were. :mad:
I feel like my splits usually aren't that bad (they are is only ever one split in a single shaft and they never travel upwards) but it's frustrating when I work so hard to keep my ends moisturized and they still get worn and split.

Chocowalnut
October 16th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I don't have the desire to go to short hair anymore. I've been through those phases and I'm done. I do love cute little hairstyles on some girls, but not me. I have finally decided I love and want long hair. If I do cut it it's just to get rid of damage or cut out dyed hair. Now, I do have bad hair days and inconsistency a lot that makes me so frustrated with my hair but I don't plan on going short again (unless it's just to cut out the rest of the color some day).

melusine963
October 16th, 2014, 06:43 PM
When I look at my taper. :(

iluvbooks
October 16th, 2014, 07:13 PM
When I see cute short hairstyles on celebs :P

KittyBird
October 17th, 2014, 01:14 AM
When I think how much easier it was to deal with at hip+ length. I could use my ficcares with no problems, do disc buns with XXL flexi-8s and centerheld buns with XL flexi-8s.. The buns never felt too heavy at that length. Now I'm having issues with placement and tension almost every day, and it often takes several attempts before I manage to do the perfect bun. My hair isn't as easy to section either, and I just can't be bothered with that anymore. However, hip+ is just too short, I feel much prettier with tbl+. I may cut more drastic layers soon, just to make it lighter. Or maybe I'll go crazy and hack it all off. Who knows.

I thought my hair-happiness would increase as my hair got longer (don't get me wrong, I'm happy with how it looks), but my scalp just doesn't agree and it bugs me. I often dream of having ii hair, or shorter, heavily layered hair. :shrug:

YvetteVarie
October 17th, 2014, 01:44 AM
... when I think of how I can have virgin hair all at once with no damage... Then I remember, I need hair long enough to bun for my super conservative workplace. I can't walk around with an afro there

TheBlondieDream
October 17th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Every. Single. Second/Third. Day.
Since i'm transitioning to my natural hair and recovering from a lot of heat/dye damage my hair simply won't stand good nor curl properly on second and third day, despite all my efforts. It will take take for them to cohoperate, i know...but there are days which i just can't stop thinking about big chopping, meaning grapping a trimming machine and do like Soldier Jane.

idiay
October 17th, 2014, 03:08 AM
Nothing. Maybe when I see a short haired girl that looks so sexy, I'm like 'I want that hair'.

hanne jensen
October 17th, 2014, 07:57 AM
My hair gets dry, snappy, snarly and tangled, which is every winter.

BrownEyedBeauty
October 17th, 2014, 07:59 AM
When it's windy outside and it gets stuck to my lip gloss.

Mimha
October 17th, 2014, 03:33 PM
When I go home in the evening, tired of my workday, and realize that I CANNOT STAY ONE MORE DAY without washing ! It happens precisely when I am so tired and dream of anything except washing-detangling-drying that *** hair !... And in the morning, when it refuses to comply to my wishes, and I keep a desperate look at the clock while nervously trying to fix that *** bun for the 3rd time... until I have to give up and run out with the-same-ever-braid I am so fed up with !!! :steam

And one day, when I finally reach about hip length, I start dreaming of a lighter head... :scissors: No more hair to tame ! No more time-consuming washing-detangling-drying ! No more fastidious hairdo to plan every day just to resist the wind and avoid it being in my way ! No more headache and painful scalp ! No more hesitation to go to the sea or the swimming pool !.... NO MORE HAIR TO CARE !!! :joy:

But argh ... trying hard to remember how fastidious it was to tame my short bob, which never looked like the one on the cover of that magazine, at the hairdresser ! Because those damned waves and funny hair growth pattern on my nape. I would have to blow dry my hair EVERY DAY to put it into form !! So - as I am much too lazy - I never did. And never got that nice tip-top little bob I was dreaming of. And I spent a lot of money to the hairdresser to keep it looking decent... all this to feel so systematically unhappy when I got out ! (those hairdressers never spoke the same language as me, or they had a totally different reference scale !!) And I wanted my long hair back. And it took ages to grow it again and pass this terrible phase of shoulder length, where there is no way to attach it or do anything else than let it down, and having it in the eyes :justy:... and wait !...

Lol.

For the moment it's APL, gently making its way down to BSL. And I am happy with it ! :)

floorlonghair
October 17th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I want short hair never

Fufu
October 18th, 2014, 04:14 AM
I wanna cut my hair when my hair ends are damaged (and yeah it happened to me...)

Beckstar
October 18th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Just to be able to see some progress with growth rate. :)

FireFairie
November 9th, 2014, 02:20 PM
My hair is already pretty short but when I hit 'mullet phase' I start to think that it is not worth trying to grow it out and I get it cut off again. I have been doing this for so many years. I haven't had long hair since 2007 and I really want it but I can't seem to stop the urge to hack it all of -.-

Puffer Fish
November 9th, 2014, 02:58 PM
For the past...9 years or so (oh my gosh, I've had this haircut for 9 years?!) I've never fought my one big urge for cutting my hair. I've been hovering at chin-to-shoulder length this entire time because I permanently suffer from what I like to call the "neck itchies" where my ends rub on my neck endlessly and drive me insane until I cut it to chin and it can't reach.

But this time I'm not caving. I'm better prepared/more willing to keep my hair back more often to avoid the itchies so I can finally grow it long like I've always wanted to!
:bounce:

CathyGo
November 9th, 2014, 07:16 PM
When it refuses to behave and fit all of itself into my ponytail. Half falling out of the pony tail where I have to repin it a dozen times in class is a PITA. I will be so happy when it gets to bun length.

HintOfMint
November 9th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Oh god my roommate just suggested that I would look really good with a pixie... I have never been more tempted in my life. She's a very fashion-forward woman with an edgy sense of style, which I dig, and I trust her fashion judgment more than I would others'.

Frankly, I've been so very, very bored with having long hair and I feel like making bad decisions.

LauraLongLocks
November 9th, 2014, 10:38 PM
HintofMint - Is it time to learn some new hairstyles? That always helps me if I get bored.

Winter Fox
November 10th, 2014, 02:22 AM
...my ends feels dry and crunchie, the color already fades out and I juste hate that my hair has no shape when I air dry it.
But then I tell myself that everything goes in circles and I will be satisfied and happy with my hair again once this phase is over.

julee
November 10th, 2014, 02:45 AM
When I see my thin ends that start about BSL. And when I see someone rocking a super stylish short bob, like Nurse Lee? on 'Call the Midwife'

miss_purple
November 10th, 2014, 04:37 AM
When it feels dry and crunchie and the color fades out but mostly when I miss my natural hair color and texture...
Oh wait, I've already done that! ;) Yup, I'm a shaggy pixie head now! :D

ShDiHa
November 10th, 2014, 11:22 AM
When the ends get in terrible condition. Cut my hair in August, got a lot off, too!

HintOfMint
November 10th, 2014, 11:23 AM
HintofMint - Is it time to learn some new hairstyles? That always helps me if I get bored.

It's time for something to get me out of this rut. I'm not really into fancy buns that look fantastic from the back but the same from the front, but I am intrigued by the "roll your hair into a headband" trick. I should also start busting out the caruso rollers. Frankly, I'm also way overdue for a trim so when I feel my hair and feel frayed ends, I'm less than inspired.

LauraLongLocks
November 10th, 2014, 01:17 PM
It's time for something to get me out of this rut. I'm not really into fancy buns that look fantastic from the back but the same from the front, but I am intrigued by the "roll your hair into a headband" trick. I should also start busting out the caruso rollers. Frankly, I'm also way overdue for a trim so when I feel my hair and feel frayed ends, I'm less than inspired.

Well, you probably know how to do this, but milkmaid braids don't look the same from the front. Are you talking about a fake bob when you say "roll your hair into a headband?" That's a lot of fun, but when I tried it with the Conair Perfect Bob it started to really hurt my head after a few hours. It's a very short-term hairstyle for me. Trying to think what else looks different from the front instead of that slicked back into a bun look. Well, twin buns look really cute. So do twin french or dutch braids. You can also try placing your bun up high on your head to give you a little bump visible from the front. Sorry I can't think of anything else right at the moment.

pearlsandpinups
November 10th, 2014, 01:22 PM
My hair grows pretty fast and I've spent many years with long hair. Inevitably I get bored with it and chop it to around shoulder length.. And usually regret it! Long hair just suits me! I'm finding though that nothing makes me inspired, yearn for, or appreciate long hair more than seeing beautiful pictures of it, and I think next time (Once my hair's to waist length like I want!) I get the bored itchies to cut it I'll instead hop on here or Pinterest and look up beautiful pictures of long hair for inspiration! It is also fun to look up hair treatments and recipes to take care of my hair, whenever I do something to make it softer or shinier I find myself loving it more, hehe. :)

HintOfMint
November 10th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Well, you probably know how to do this, but milkmaid braids don't look the same from the front. Are you talking about a fake bob when you say "roll your hair into a headband?" That's a lot of fun, but when I tried it with the Conair Perfect Bob it started to really hurt my head after a few hours. It's a very short-term hairstyle for me. Trying to think what else looks different from the front instead of that slicked back into a bun look. Well, twin buns look really cute. So do twin french or dutch braids. You can also try placing your bun up high on your head to give you a little bump visible from the front. Sorry I can't think of anything else right at the moment.

Aw, thanks for the suggestions! This (http://manouvellemode.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/headband-bun-with-graphic.jpg) is what I meant by a headband bun. I love twin french braids (great for hiding greasies as well!), they're a favorite part of my hairstyle rotation.

LauraLongLocks
November 10th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Oooh that's pretty! Well, sorry I couldn't be of more help in coming up with style ideas for you. <sigh> Hope you can find a way out of the slump.

Islandgrrl
November 10th, 2014, 07:15 PM
...never. Ever.

HintOfMint
November 10th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Oooh that's pretty! Well, sorry I couldn't be of more help in coming up with style ideas for you. <sigh> Hope you can find a way out of the slump.

Oh, no problem at all! Absolutely no need to apologize. After all, I'm the one who's being difficult and fussy. :)

I think a trim, a new deep conditioning recipe, my caruso rollers, and perhaps a spin on pintrest/tumblr for hairstyle ideas would be just the ticket. I'm liking your braid-centered suggestions, I will probably give them a whirl.

Ingrid
November 10th, 2014, 11:07 PM
When the damaged ends get too gross-feeling :(

Undomiel
November 10th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Hi HintofMint,

This is my holy grail of hairstyle tuts if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige
Torrin Paige makes sure I never get bored!

Good luck and have fun with whatever you choose to do :)

clioariane
November 11th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Luckily I don't have any problems with tangling but when I start finding split ends I know it's time for a trim!

pixldust
November 11th, 2014, 04:39 AM
....it refuses to co-operate when I'm trying to put it up, and everything I try won't go or looks off. Generally this coincides with when I'm in a hurry. I threaten it with all sorts, including the clippers, to try and get it to submit

Catatafish
November 11th, 2014, 06:51 AM
When I realise I haven't had a trim since March. I think I might book an appointment. The ends aren't at their best, especially since I don't S&D.

Verdandi
November 11th, 2014, 07:43 AM
When I'm going out with friends and sooooo badly want to curl and spray and leave it down, but I know I'm just gonna end up with a tangled mess of splits.

And about every time I see pictures of myself in a bob. It was fabulous!

And since it's just not growing anyway, I might as well chop. :pins:

...seriously though. I'm crazy fed up with my meh-length, meh-thickness, meh-coloured hair. I've put away the scissors though, and trying to wear it up and don't even look at it for the rest of the year. I though waist lenght was supposed to be fuuuun! :ponder: /end of whining

Skade
January 26th, 2016, 05:30 AM
Bumping this thread up because I feel the need to rant...

I wanna cut my hair when.. I see all gorgeous woman having their short hair down. It looks so effortless and sexy. It feels like I havent worn my hair down for a decade :lol:

parkmikii
January 26th, 2016, 06:30 AM
When I see cute girls with straight hair and a bob. It looks just so gorgeous..

Silverbrumby
January 26th, 2016, 10:56 AM
I can so relate. Four years of growing out from BSL and it's.... BSL still! All that unflattering bunning, not using heat, not having a hair style etc and the results are... better quality hair, more of it, still BSL but now I know how to do flattering UpDo's and when I wear it down now I like what I see. Hang in there @Verdandi, it can get better.

When I'm going out with friends and sooooo badly want to curl and spray and leave it down, but I know I'm just gonna end up with a tangled mess of splits.

And about every time I see pictures of myself in a bob. It was fabulous!

And since it's just not growing anyway, I might as well chop. :pins:

...seriously though. I'm crazy fed up with my meh-length, meh-thickness, meh-coloured hair. I've put away the scissors though, and trying to wear it up and don't even look at it for the rest of the year. I though waist lenght was supposed to be fuuuun! :ponder: /end of whining

TaraDanina
January 26th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I want to cut off all my dyed hair. But then I would have about four inches of hair...it just makes me depressed. I hope that over the next few years, my hair grows out and I can ultimately lop off every damaged centimeter.

Winter Fox
January 26th, 2016, 12:30 PM
When I see cute girls with straight hair and a bob. It looks just so gorgeous..

Me too. The bad thing is it would suit me ... I even have dreams where I cut my hair to a bob. :silly:

lapis_lazuli
January 26th, 2016, 12:35 PM
when I see my taper in the mirror :(

Groovy Granny
January 26th, 2016, 12:45 PM

You are serious?! :bigeyes:

It is so funny how much our own impressions can differ from how others see our hair...yep spoken by a guiity party :o

Sarahlabyrinth
January 26th, 2016, 01:33 PM

Oh yes, this for sure. :(

lapis_lazuli
January 26th, 2016, 01:40 PM

I try to remind myself it's just natural :) Fairytale ends can be beautiful :love:

VJG
January 26th, 2016, 01:56 PM
When I step on my braid--putting shoes on, doing yoga, getting up from sitting on the floor--my braid tassel causes whiplash.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 26th, 2016, 01:58 PM
I try to remind myself it's just natural :) Fairytale ends can be beautiful :love:

Mine isn't natural, it's due to shedding and that's what annoys me so much.... that it didn' t have to happen.

lapis_lazuli
January 26th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Mine isn't natural, it's due to shedding and that's what annoys me so much.... that it didn' t have to happen.

:flowers: The good thing is, hair grows, you could always get back to where you want by microtrimming :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 26th, 2016, 02:49 PM
:flowers: The good thing is, hair grows, you could always get back to where you want by microtrimming :)

Yes, that's what I'm doing, only it takes forever.... :) Well, I'm getting there. I can only hope in the meantime that other people don't notice it as much as I do, plus my hair is mostly up, so....

lapis_lazuli
January 26th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Yes, that's what I'm doing, only it takes forever.... :) Well, I'm getting there. I can only hope in the meantime that other people don't notice it as much as I do, plus my hair is mostly up, so....

Then, no worries! :flower: It'll get there. Put it up and forget about it is my philosophy :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
January 26th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Then, no worries! :flower: It'll get there. Put it up and forget about it is my philosophy :lol:

Mine too :lol: Just sometimes it really annoys me. Oh well, you get days like that :) Every time I trim I tell myself that it is an improvement and that my ends look better each time.

Groovy Granny
January 26th, 2016, 03:56 PM

Wow....yours looks so thick....we'd never know it!

Groovy Granny
January 26th, 2016, 03:57 PM

And your hair IS beautiful :)

I wanted to when I had my layers....I was so happy when I finally did a 3 inch chop to get a thicker hemline all one length!

lapis_lazuli
January 26th, 2016, 04:02 PM
And your hair IS beautiful :)

I wanted to when I had my layers....I was so happy when I finally did a 3 inch chop to get a thicker hemline all one length!

Thank you, GG :inlove:
Glad you got the hemline you wanted!

Groovy Granny
January 26th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Thank you, GG :inlove:
Glad you got the hemline you wanted!

Thanks..I sure was happy; my natural wurls are still pretty defined even at one length in humid weather, so it was a win win :)

chen bao jun
January 26th, 2016, 04:33 PM
A lot of the things people complain about on the thread have always happened to me when my hair was short. Due to thick hair.

So far my hair has gotten easier as it has gotten longer. I still have the shedding beyond belief but the detangling is way easier and its easier to handle because I can now wear it up..

I always think that I will cut my hair at the point at which it starts to be MORE trouble, instead of being less trouble as it had been so far.

Colochita
January 26th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I want to cut it when I see an awesome blonde fro-hawk or a girl who looks great with very short hair in a fade. I probably will cut someday, to be honest. I think short hair (a teeny weeny afro) also looks nice on me.

Aubren
January 26th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Every day right now while I'm trying to grow out insane layers and super damage. Shoulder length. Blech!

Chocowalnut
January 26th, 2016, 08:20 PM
I want to cut my hair when I get frustrated at the two different colors. My natural color is down to my shoulders now and the rest is red from henna. It's such a drastic difference in color and I hate it. I wish it was all my natural color and that makes me want to cut it sometimes, but not really.

Frankenstein
January 26th, 2016, 10:38 PM
I want to cut my hair a lot - when I think about how much thicker the ends would look, how easier it would be to wear down, how tangles would be greatly reduced... basically any time I get frustrated with my hair :lol:

Stray_mind
January 27th, 2016, 01:44 AM
When i get tired of the tangles, brassiness of the ends, thinness and especially now, in winter, static.

Garnetgem
January 27th, 2016, 02:45 AM
When i get tired of waiting for it to become all one length,as it is it tangles easily so have to keep it tied away...

mermaid lullaby
January 27th, 2016, 03:49 PM
When my hair is statically and a tangled mess

Nadine <3
January 27th, 2016, 03:58 PM
I feel like cutting it when it flies out of it's bun during physical therapy. It was so quiet in there until my stick went clattering across the room.

Tonks
January 27th, 2016, 07:26 PM
I love the idea for this thread! I wonder if this might have saved me the Big Chop a couple years ago. Gods know I'm still recovering from that...

I've got a few inches left of dyed hair that I'd like to get rid of or find something to do with, but at my barely APL length, I'd rather wait till I'm around BSL! But those dead ends... and my struggle with finding protective hairstyles while my hair is so short!

llamacat
January 27th, 2016, 07:57 PM
I want to cut it to a pixie when I find numerous split ends, thinning strands, and white dots all the way down to my length...
a regular trim from the very bottom of my length will not save my damaged hair

AmyBeth
January 28th, 2016, 02:46 AM
I want to cut my hair when my scalp hurts because of the weight of any updo I try, even a simple English braid. The only relief I get is to wear it down, and then I have to spend at least as much time detangling as I did wearing it down. It's beginning to get very discouraging. Waist length was so much easier. I love the fact that my hair is long, but I'm not enjoying having it, if that makes any sense.

therebelqueen
January 28th, 2016, 11:40 AM
When I want to wear a hat. When my hair was shorter, I could wear it down and have the ends flip out of the bottom of whatever hat I was wearing. Now, nothing fits over my giant bun. Either I put the hat over my bun and not my actual head, which makes me look like I have an unfortunate growth, or the hat balances on my head, ready to fly off as soon as my hair decides it's had enough.

One day... one day I will find my hat.

lapis_lazuli
January 28th, 2016, 02:54 PM
When I want to wear a hat. When my hair was shorter, I could wear it down and have the ends flip out of the bottom of whatever hat I was wearing. Now, nothing fits over my giant bun. Either I put the hat over my bun and not my actual head, which makes me look like I have an unfortunate growth, or the hat balances on my head, ready to fly off as soon as my hair decides it's had enough.

One day... one day I will find my hat.

Bwahaha I have the same problem, my friend :wink:

Entangled
January 28th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Honestly? Almost never. I mean, I get frustrated when I see splits (heaven forbid I could be near scissors when I see a split) but I really love how long it is and don't want it any shorter.

lw8666
January 28th, 2016, 11:54 PM
when I take my hair down and see how thin my front is. For whatever reason, I have thick hair in the back, and such thin, mousy hair in the front. So depressing.

veryhairyfairy
January 29th, 2016, 05:57 AM
I wanna cut my hair when it's -14 windchill outside and I have to wash it. I wanna cut my hair when it turns into a frizz-ball after 10 mins of wearing it loose. I wanna cut my hair when I have to do my roots. I wanna cut my hair when I remember how easy it was to wash CBL hair. I wanna cut my hair when I see how sparse the last 5-7 inches are from breakage and shedding.

I'm glad I didn't cut my hair when I feel it tickle my hiney while I'm changing. I'm glad I didn't cut my hair when my SO gives me a braid tug of affection from hip-level. I'm glad I didn't cut my hair when I see the thickness at the ends increasing steadily from trimming. I'm glad I didn't cut my hair when I can whip it up into a super-secure bun in 10 seconds and it stays all day. I'm glad I didn't cut my hair when it takes me less than a minute to do my hair in the morning.

Long hair takes more work in some areas, but I wouldn't change a thing! :D