PDA

View Full Version : Am I maintaining?

kganihanova
February 3rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
Hi all! So right now I'm on a trimming schedule where I cut away a 1/8 to a 1/4 every two months, sometimes more frequently to thicken up my hemline and get rid of layers. Is that called maintaining or am I just microtrimming. Every time I trim, I end up cutting away a lot my month's growth so the growth is very slow but on the plus side my hair is so nice and healthy.

So what do I call this?

duchess67
February 3rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
I think what you are doing is micro trimming. I am waiting to gain some length before starting micro trimming my hair.

melusine963
February 3rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
It's called maintaining if you're cutting away all your new growth, thus always staying at your current length. Microtrimming is when you do tiny trims (of no more than half an inch, or a quarter inch at a time). Of course, it's possible to maintain while microtrimming, which is what you seem to be doing. :)

lapushka
February 3rd, 2014, 03:43 PM
It's called maintaining if you're cutting away all your new growth, thus always staying at your current length. Microtrimming is when you do tiny trims (of no more than half an inch, or a quarter inch at a time). Of course, it's possible to maintain while microtrimming, which is what you seem to be doing. :)

I fully agree with melusine963! :agree:

kganihanova
February 3rd, 2014, 06:17 PM
I really want to cut all these ******n layers out because they split easier but don't want to stay at BSLish for too long. Advice?

melusine963
February 3rd, 2014, 06:43 PM
My advice would be to keep microtrimming the bottom layer, and s&d the rest. That way you'll still be making some progress, and eventually the layers will all be trimmed off.

When I first joined the LHC I had a lot of damage to my waist length hair. For several years I had to trim off half my annual growth just to stay on top of things. I tmeant I was making slow progress, but my hair ended up in much better condition that way.

ErinLeigh
February 3rd, 2014, 08:55 PM
I like the idea of removing half the growth. Its a slow but already way to get hair in good condition.
I would call it micro trimming at this point since you are probably leaving 1/2 to 3/4 inch growth each time.

hairpleasegrow
February 3rd, 2014, 08:59 PM
I really want to cut all these ******n layers out because they split easier but don't want to stay at BSLish for too long. Advice?

^lol i know how you feel. Your hair looks great ! whatever you're doing keep it up :)