PDA

View Full Version : So...how'd you get here?

Patrycja
September 11th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Forgive me if there is another thread like this or if this one belongs in a different forum but I'm curious...

How did you find LHC?There are so many members here nationally and internationally and I really would like to know how you found this wonderful forum.

For me, I :google: "avacado hair recipes".It came up with a bunch of hits and after sifting through the nonsense,I clicked on a link to the old LHC.Now,almost a year later-I'm still here.Giving out ill fated advice and blabbing my mouth about everything and anything.

So...how'd you get here? :D

ladystar
September 11th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I use to be a part of the Longhairsite until they closed it down. Then I kinda got lost and forgot about the hair stuff. Until one day I starting looking around for other forms like it and ran into this. I love this site! I don't believe there is any other like it!

FrannyG
September 11th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I was growing my poor fried hair out, and I wanted to learn some styles. Up until then I had been strictly a hot roller/curling iron gal. I googled "French Twist", found some great instructions (by an LHC member who no longer posts), and the link to LHC. I was hooked immediately. It was love at first sight. :crush:

nastasska
September 11th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I found it through Karen Marie's (Accolady) Site Stressless Tresses:cheese:

ChatoyantLocks
September 11th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I was getting tired of just wearing a basic braid all of the time, so I was searching for hair styles for people with long hair. A challenging proposition, when most people define "long hair" as "goes past the shoulders"! I randomly stumbled by, lurked for a couple of weeks, and then jumped in! :)

CurlyNinja
September 11th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I found it through naturallycurly.com, though I had heard mention of it elsewhere. (can't remember where, probably while searching for styles) I think I ambled through, lurked, and then forgot all about it for some time, until nc.com re-directed me to the site and I got hooked once and for all.

lora410
September 11th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I was browsing the web for vitamins or something that would make my hair grow faster, and ran across this site :)

Medvssa
September 11th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I don't remember :lol: must have clicked some link, I do not remember googling for it.

Silver & Gold
September 11th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I found it by Googling and looking for natural hair care recipes. I would Google "hair" and a particular natural ingredient I was curious about and there was a reference to this site. Then I would Google another ingredient with the word "hair" and up would come this site. Then I would Google updos or hairsticks and boom, here it was again.
After several times of being directed to this site over a period of a few months I began to lurk. I had no intentions of joining because I didn't think I had anything to add to the conversations - I only intended to read - but then I found the swap board. It was the swap board that reeled me in. I've purchased quite a few nice hairtoys there and have since sold a few as well. I'm a hopeless hairtoy addict.
And as soon as I put my first post up on LHC I was greeted by several enablers. We sure know how to find each other!

Miss Murphy
September 11th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I googled "sock bun" and got here. Then I read the whole forum front to back, and signed up the very next day to be part of the fun! :cheese:

Samikha
September 11th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I found this through the longhair LiveJournal community, and I found that because someone on my friendslist was growing out her hair and linked to it. I lurked there for a bit, and then came LHC and I become a full-fledged stalker XD I read here for months before daring to join. It was the sheer friendliness that pulled me in - everyone seemed so nice! And you all improve upon better acquaintance.;)

LaurelSpring
September 11th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I give credit to FrannyG. I had started using henna and hanging out in the H4H forum. I saw a post from FannyG with her site link in it and from there found LHC. I will always be grateful!

ItalianFlower
September 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM
When I very first wanted to grow my hair out, I did my normal thing and went looking online for help on doing it "right". I found the Long Locks hair stick boutique, as well as their "Twenty Tips for Long Healthy Hair" and tried following it from memory. Well, eventually, I couldn't remember anything anymore and went to find it again. In my search, I came across this site and joined that day. I love this place. :)

taliarose
September 11th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I was at a ren faire this summer and one of the vendors noticed my long hair and we were talking hair for a few minutes and she told me about this site. I can't wait for the end of the month since she should be at the faire I go to then and I can tell her I'm hooked!

ssjhotau2
September 11th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I was asking for haircut advice on mysapce lol. A friend sent me the link to a profile I think, someone she admired for her long hair.

Ofcourse I couldn't get into the part of the site linked so the next day I had my hair cut (but long with layers). The hair cut ended up being a disaster and I had to go back again and get it cut above my shoulders to even it out.

Anyways I finally created a new email account and joined.

girlcat36
September 11th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I was Googling hair loss remedies after my cancer treatment. Everyone seemed SO NICE, so I stayed. This is the first online community I have belonged to, and so far haven't come across any others that meaure up to LHC.

Shorty89
September 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I googled long hair styles, and came across this site a couple times but I could never remember the url. I lurked off and on for a few months and then joined. I didn't post because I was really busy and forgot about it, but once I started to come out of lurkdome I was hooked :D

Lady Godiva
September 11th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I was at TLHS in Dec. 1997 and remember when the original LHC started up a few years later on Network54 boards. I didn't frequent it then, as I was active at TLHS and some other existing long hair web sites and groups. When LHC switched to the current vBulletin boards, I joined, but I got active only after I got DSL, as these pages load slowly on dial-up.

nicolezoie
September 11th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Hair has always been a big deal in my family. There was always minor competition between my sister and I on who had better hair. My dad always was the winner of the Best Hair category with his thick dark waves that he did NOTHING with other than finger-comb.

I'd managed to grow my hair to around hip length on my own without much help, and I thought it was in decent condition. Then I started a new job, and there was this man at work who had the most extraordinary thick wavy hair that was in near perfect condition - no noticeable taper to his sausage-linked ponytail, and he stood 6'8" tall with mid-back hair. His hair inspired me to take better care of my own hair, and so I googled "long hair care" and started out at TLHS. I also found an early version of LHC but I didn't bookmark it, and stumbled upon it from time to time. Back then, one of the things I remember was seeing pictures of TeacherBear's hair and thinking what lovely waves and volume.. Around the time TLHS started getting quieter, I had developed some friendships with members on TLHS (Beatnik Guy in particular) and was encouraged to come over here, in February of 2003.

The rest, is, as they say, History. :)

theanti
September 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I googled styles for longer hair, and this site was one that came up!

florenonite
September 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I Googled something like "grow long hair" because it's something I've been trying to do for about seven years, ever since my mum made me cut my (admittedly rather damaged) waist-length hair to shoulder. I kept getting frustrated somewhere between APL and BSL because it was long and thick enough that I just seemed to put it in a ponytail every day and so I'd chop, like it for a few weeks, then the regret would sink in. Consequently, I was looking for suggestions to help grow my hair. I found LHC, lurked for a while, then joined last summer.

paper
September 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM
When I decided to grow out my short hair about a yr ago. I googled tips on growing long hair etc. And this site kept popping up. I joined about 6 months later.

mhiap
September 11th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I first found it through an article on LJ about OCM a few years(?) ago. I wasn't into growing my hair at the time but then a year and a bit ago, I decided I was growing my hair. I remembered about this forum and came back!

chrissy-b
September 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I was looking for different essential oils for scalp massages. Google sent me here.:cheese:

xrosiex
September 11th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I :google: Long hair and started checking out the sites. I kept coming back to TLC. I love it here.:)

Islandgrrl
September 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Pretty much exactly what xrosiex said!

amiaow
September 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I started out at the original LHL in 1999 I think it was. Then came here when it started up, though have spent several years in between chopping and having fun, I signed up here again in 2004 but didn't really read again until this year, when I decided to properly grow back my hair after an ear-length chop. So it has been many years, and many adventures, and certainly many giggles thanks to this place... :cheese:

Faepirate
September 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I followed AprilElf.

:D

Akiko
September 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I googled long hair and came to this site.

getoffmyskittle
September 11th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I found LHC through the longhair community on LiveJournal.

dorothea-brooke
September 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I use to be a part of the Longhairsite until they closed it down. Then I kinda got lost and forgot about the hair stuff. Until one day I starting looking around for other forms like it and ran into this. I love this site! I don't believe there is any other like it!

Me, too! I used to go to the Long Hair Site for inspiration, and then it was closed down and I was jonesing for pictures and updo help, so googled "long hair" or some such.

BTW, whatever did happen to the Long Hair Site? :confused:

Xanthippe
September 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I was working at the Large Hadron Collider and I was also starting to grow my hair out. I wanted it to be less poofy and healthier so I googled "how to grow long hair" or something like that. The acronym of LHC caught my eye because of where I was working and also because of the tagline of "friendship and knowledge." After lurking for a few minutes, I joined!

dulce-de-leche
September 11th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Googled hair recipes and found you ;)

Cereus
September 11th, 2008, 08:51 PM
:cheese:I was letting my hair grow and realized that the internet might be a good source of hair care and updo ideas. I found TLHC on Google. I was lurking and then it went down making me realize how much I missed the site. When it came back up I joined. It's a great source for hair care advice. Also I'm constantly learning something new about music, books, religion, food, colliders and heaven knows what on this site.

Miriela
September 11th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I chopped all my hair off due to damage, and I wanted it to be long, so I google'd for long hair care, or something to that effect. It had been BSL ish and it was then a little too short for a ponytail.

Tressie
September 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I think I was looking for some hair care and damage remedies and ultimately ended up here. I lurked awhile and then decided to join because as someone said earleir: "everyone seems so nice"! Well said! Great place and great people and great information!

Alun
September 11th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I found the Men's Long Hair Hyperboard first (http://www.mlhh.org), and then this place. MLHH has a lot of men who are growing out their hair from short and very few of us who have had long hair for a long time, and consequently only a few who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to hair, whereas here you get better advice!

zeelin
September 12th, 2008, 05:37 AM
It was recommended by a friend who is a member, when I thought about chopping it off because I didn't know what to do with it. No plans of that now :D

Reptilia
September 12th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I was searching for healthy hair tips, and google brought me to a thread. I kept reading a little more and really liked it so decided to just sign up.

serious
September 12th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I found the link on H4H,got here and spent a few months reading and learning from here ! Finally, I joined !

Gecko
September 12th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Hmm.... I guess it was in spring.... I had been searching for something about long hair because earlier that year I decided I was definitely growing my hair long. I think I found this site before then, but never looked around. When I first decided to grow my hair long I thought I might dye it still and change the style when I wanted, but when I got to reading here and saw pictures of hair and realized a different sort of long hair person, that's what I wanted.

SweetPea88
September 12th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Google brought me here as well. I believe I was searching for hair recipes and treatments or something similar. A couple of clicks on the old site later...I was hooked! :D

harley mama
September 12th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I Googled how to care for curly hair and found some great friends! :D

jivete
September 12th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I read an article about no poo that led me to the livejournal no poo site. When I started researching different ways to wash my hair I was eventually led here.

Lady Godiva
September 12th, 2008, 04:27 PM
BTW, whatever did happen to the Long Hair Site? :confused:
Real life brought about few significant changes for the owner, so he no longer wishes to keep it going, and hence, he shut it down. :cool:

LadyGunn
September 12th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I stumbled across longhairgirl.com & got a couple hairsticks, then started looking for more fun hairtoys & styles & stumbled across this place. I'm mainly a lurker but I joined so I can eventually see the pictures & to ask a few questions I had that I didn't see answered elsewhere. I'm completely addicted - Mom calls me obsessed but at least she has quit telling me to chop it off & "get updated". :cheese:

Elphie
September 12th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I was looking for directions on doing a french braid on yourself. I think I wound up on the old site before locating this one.

winter_star
September 13th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I stumbled across LHC whilst googling images of long hair and different hair styles. I had a snoop around the forums and saved it in my favourites folder, where I forgot about it for quiet some time! But a few months ago I was having a look through the folder and yet again stumbled across the site. This time I couldn't walk away.. the rest is history

savi
September 13th, 2008, 04:45 AM
I stumbled upon LHC while doing some forum hopping. I noticed a mention of it, and saved it for further investigation. And couldn't resist after reading more.

rockkcor
September 13th, 2008, 05:10 AM
As a man it took some time to accept the fact that I really want long hair...
For me internet was something like 'psychological help' - so I was looking for clubs and groups for longhaired people... That is how I found 'Longhaircommunity'...
And I feel great that I am not alone in my fascination with long hair. I can accept my hair and keep growing it knowing that I'll get positive comments from others! Now I can go for terminal length without thinking that it might be 'wierd' for a man to have such uber-long hair...

Bonny
September 13th, 2008, 05:12 AM
On another forum I was reading, a member mentioned the uses of EVOO for body and hair care. I followed her link to a thread on the old LHC. I wasn't actively searching for long hair care, but I was definitely needing a change from my short hairstyle. After reading LHC for a while and seeing the wide variety of hairtypes, I thought maybe it was possible to have my hair long after all. :) I'd always thought it would be too heavy and unmanageable.

Odile
September 13th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Back this past February, I finally decided, "what the heck, I'll grow it out" to see how long my hair could get. It was BSL at the time. I think I googled "long hair styles" or something similar so I could find different ways of wearing it.

Somehow, I found here! And then the site crashed! :mad:

After the site came back, I lurked and then took the plunge. I've learned so much it's amazing. :D

AnimaSola3o4
September 13th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I honestly don't remember. I know it was in August of last year, but i have no idea what i had googled to find it! I wish I could remember.

AmandaPanda
September 13th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I found it through Karen Marie's (Accolady) Site Stressless Tresses:cheese:

Same here, IIRC

I remember searching for hairsticks in 2002. I could really only find longlocks sticks, since that seemed to be all that was available back then. I think that was when I stumbled across ST and then found the link for LHC

dorothea-brooke
September 14th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Real life brought about few significant changes for the owner, so he no longer wishes to keep it going, and hence, he shut it down. :cool:

Thanks, Lady Godiva. I'd always wondered what happened....

But whatever can you mean, "real life"?! Isn't long hair real life??? :lol:

Arctic_Mama
September 14th, 2008, 03:22 AM
I visited from TBB, which I lurk on but still haven't registered on... and I was so curious about this site and the beautiful siggy pics I was seeing there. I'd been itching to get my hair 'nice' and grow it long again for awhile, and my husband wanted it long again too. I visited and was hooked within the hour.

Arashi
September 14th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Google! Lol.. I recall coming across something about the Conditioner Only method, and from my curiosity about it I ended up stumbling into LHC.

Pixidust
September 14th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I actually stumbled upon this place about 2 or 3 years ago when my hair was fairly long. I lurked a bit, but ultimately forgot this forum. After cutting it and enjoying short hair for a while, I started missing my longer hair and rediscovered this forum while looking at long hair styles.

So, yes, here I am... :P

Lady Godiva
September 14th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Back this past February, I finally decided, "what the heck, I'll grow it out" to see how long my hair could get. It was BSL at the time.Welcome to my world, kinda, although I set up the same personal "game" over 20 years ago...:eyebrows: Same starting month, too. :agree:

Thanks, Lady Godiva. I'd always wondered what happened....

But whatever can you mean, "real life"?! Isn't long hair real life??? :lol::misskim:

Wait a minute. It's the norm in my home. :spitting:

Forlorn Reverie
September 14th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I was reading about henna on the henna for hair forums, and someone their mentioned this site. I lurked for a month or so before joining.

twilight_faerie
September 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I heard about this place through hennaforhair.com. People there (on the forum) kept talking about LHC, so I figured I'd check it out.

Hue
September 14th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I had just started a desk job with long hours alone in an office. My work was sporadic, so there was a lot of free time. Googling "long hair" and other terms brought me here, and I was hooked.

So much stuff! So many pictures! SO much to read!

inertia
September 14th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I rejoined a gym after a year without having had a haircut, only to find that ponytails didn't work anymore. Nobody at the gym had hair as long as mine (it isn't even that long by LHC standards) so I looked around online for quick updo ideas and stumbled across this forum.

Slug Yoga
September 14th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I was working at the Large Hadron Collider and I was also starting to grow my hair out. I wanted it to be less poofy and healthier so I googled "how to grow long hair" or something like that. The acronym of LHC caught my eye because of where I was working and also because of the tagline of "friendship and knowledge." After lurking for a few minutes, I joined!

Haha, what a funny coincidence!

I'm another person who came here through the livejournal long hair community, as I recall.

Periwinkle
September 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I came across it when I was using another forum because someone linked to the LoL maths that someone posted here. Someone posted something along the lines of 'longhaircommunity.com...that explains it', and it stuck in my head. I looked round the site and thought it looked awesome, but it languished in my bookmarks for a couple of months.

I kept coming across it while sorting my bookmarks, and then a couple of months ago, after deciding to grow my hair (i.e. not chop it to my shoulders as normal when approaching BSL), I decided to join. And here I am!

Stevy
September 14th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I think I was doing a search on 'classic length' - I can't remember, it was too long ago!

Elenna
September 14th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I was looking for recipes for hair conditioners and found LHC.

During that time period, I had wanted to grow my hair out, but I was addicted to hair salons. LHC showed how to grow hair long without hair salons.

thankyousir74
September 14th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I had just started a desk job with long hours alone in an office. My work was sporadic, so there was a lot of free time. Googling "long hair" and other terms brought me here, and I was hooked.

So much stuff! So many pictures! SO much to read!

Same exact thing here except that it was due to many hours online procrastinating, avoiding homework.

psycho
September 15th, 2008, 01:07 AM
My sister (Gem) was an established member on the site first, and she browbeat me into joining. All through our childhood she was jealous of my hair because mine was a lot thicker and looked better long, grew faster without breaking, and so on. Once she joined LHC she realized why her hair was so thin...and also realized how bad my hair really was. To her credit, she didn't keep the secret to herself, and here I am four years later with much healthier and prettier hair than I ever had before ;)

Kaeri
September 15th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I was getting tired of just wearing a basic braid all of the time, so I was searching for hair styles for people with long hair. A challenging proposition, when most people define "long hair" as "goes past the shoulders"! I randomly stumbled by, lurked for a couple of weeks, and then jumped in! :)

Yup - that pretty much sums up how I ended up here too. :)

Suitsuki
September 15th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Back in 2006, my hair was tailbone lenght, full of breakage.. I cut it to bsl and put layers, but soon after I decided to grow it again and started researching about haircare.

I'm browsing here daily since then :p

AJoifulNoise
September 15th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I was surfing an Apostolic forum for hair care ideas and someone mentioned this site.

Amoretti
September 15th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I was Googling something on hair and clicked on the link. :) I lurked for 2 years before I joined though so I've been around since 2003.

Hue
September 15th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I was surfing an Apostolic forum for hair care ideas and someone mentioned this site.
That's great. (Great username, as well. :) )

I've been so impressed by the diversity of backgrounds and interests that led us here. It's actually quite amazing. Rarely do I see forums run so smoothly, even if limited to people with pretty much the same interests and worldview. A nod to our moderators here, but also to the men and women that make it work as users.

Buddaphlyy
September 16th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I was actually looking for another hair forum. I typed in Long Hair Forum, and this is what popped up, so I joined.

sahiba
September 17th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I wanted long hair since my childhood and when I discovered net and google together I started searching for tricks to get long hair. Soon I discovered this site and became a lucky and a happy member of this site.:happydance:

Dolly
September 19th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I was on another forum, where we were discussing WEN, and cheaper ways of accomplishing the same end result. Someone linked to the CO thread on the LHC board, so I started browsing......lurked for a long time, but recently decided to chime in and start posting. Glad I did!

Beatnik Guy
September 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Around the time TLHS started getting quieter, I had developed some friendships with members on TLHS (Beatnik Guy in particular) and was encouraged to come over here, in February of 2003.

I just saw this. :flowers:

Umm, yeah, how'd I get here? Well, once upon a time, nearly ten years ago, I :google:'d
"long hair", found TLHS (met FPn at various times in Croydon, Munich and Tokyo), was at LHL from when it opened with a plug at TLHS, then at every incarnation of LHC from, umm, day 1. :cool:

teela1978
September 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Like >90% of responders, :google: brought me here. I decided to grow out my hair dye and started looking for advice via my favorite search engine. I clicked a link and lurked for a day or so before I decided I wanted in on the fun :)

Saranne772
September 23rd, 2008, 06:02 AM
I was linked from another site. I was already growing my hair (I have most of my life) however I never thought of there being such a community. I found this site and lurked without joining for about two weeks, then I signed up on Jan 1st 2007!

AJoifulNoise
September 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
That's great. (Great username, as well. :) )

Thank you. It was great, but there was ickiness attached, too. The person who posted the link warned everyone not to interact with "those peole on the forum." They feared the "heathens." :crazyq: Needless to say I've traded their forum for this one. :D

Eireann
September 23rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
I think I googled "long hair styles." I was looking for inspiration for growing out my hair, and I found it!

kate46
September 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
Like a few others I found this site through H4H, I loved it immediately hence my rushed and boring user name :rolleyes:, i've been hooked ever since and promise that one day I will manage to sort a camera and figure out how to post a pic of my slowly but surely improving locks.

For anyone new to henna I recommend that you check out H4H along with the great advice you can get here.

Brianna
September 23rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
You know, I really don't recall. I suspect it was Google, but I seem to remember deciding to grow my hair long only after coming here, so I'm not sure what I was googling. :o

wintersun99
September 23rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
I was linked here through H4H back around 2003'ish, but didn't join for quite some time. :)

magpielaura
September 26th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I joined a few days ago after lurking for months.

I found LHC after google various things like 'alternative hair care' and following links. I'd read some stuff about hair cleaning itself if left alone and wanted to find out more....

I found all about CO, Search and Destroy, cheese:cheese:, fairytail ends and now I'm hooked and want REALLY long hair now!

If you google LHC you can find out A LOT about the Large Hadron Collider.

Stormsong
September 26th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I too joined a few days ago, but I've been lurking about for a while, after having had an email from my mum about PPD in hair dyes. I've been dying my hair since I was 18, mostly towards the red spectrum (although I did spend a couple of years of a very ill looking blonde...), so I started googling Henna, found Henna Page, H4H, and then a link to over here. Co-incidentally I had also decided that I'd had it with keeping my hair short, with all the cutting and chemical products I need to keep it in a decent work friendly style (too short to tie back at that point), but I normally get my hair to a just past shoulders point when I decide to get it all chopped short again. This time, I'm hoping with all the inspiration I see on this site, to get past my 'must get a cut' phase, and with my hair in better condition :)

zen_oven
September 26th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Word of mouth, actually. I mentioned wanting to grow my hair out to a friend and she told me about LHC. So here I am! :cheese:

Radulfr
September 26th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I came here via LHL and the "original" LHC at network54.

Like all the "originals" way back when. :)

Speckla
September 26th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I found it through naturallycurly.com, though I had heard mention of it elsewhere. (can't remember where, probably while searching for styles) I think I ambled through, lurked, and then forgot all about it for some time, until nc.com re-directed me to the site and I got hooked once and for all.

That's how I found this site.
________
Vapor Genie Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapor-genie)

Vivien'
September 27th, 2008, 02:24 AM
I come from http://mlhh.org
I follow one of the links there which leads here. After lurking some months, here I am.

DavidN
September 27th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I was originallly a member of another long hair site, the "Men's Long Hair Hyperboard", and joined that community in Sept. 2006, after doing a google search. One of the members over there (Jason) encourgared me to join the LHC in January of 2007. I was initially very shy, and hardly posted at all. However, due to the warmth, caring, and support of some truly special members, I gradually overcame my shyness, and I am so glad that I did! Everyone here is wonderful!:flowers:

BunnyBee
September 28th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I was probably looking for updo instructions and must have just got carried away (as i do) with reading and learning so much on here. Then I wanted to see the albums, so i signed up!

Bronwyn Grace
September 28th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I think I was Googling "henna hair how-to" because my mom and I were curious on how you did it. :) I had previously decided to grow my hair long and never even thought there would be a community like this one! :D

Robbi Dehlinger
September 28th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I first found TLHS via Ask Jeeves,

THEN I joined Jennifer B's LHL when it was still a pay site,

Then I THINK I fopund this one via Karen Marie's Stressless Tresses?

WHEW!

Brownie
September 28th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I got here from a german board, the "Langhaarnetzwerk". I wondered what the "LHC" is, then I discovered the list with the common abbreviations and joined the LHC ;)

trolleypup
October 2nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
I come from http://mlhh.org
I follow one of the links there which leads here. After lurking some months, here I am.
Hmmm...I went the other direction to the MLHH! Found that after I'd been here is bit.

I found this site from mentions on the LiveJournal longhair community.

EdG
October 2nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
I likely found LHC through Google. I lurked here for maybe two years, and joined last year. :)

I too found MLHH first.
Ed

Cinnamon Hair
October 2nd, 2008, 11:42 PM
I used to post on the Bolt discussion forums aimed at the preteens/teens/college group. They had a message board about hair and after replying to some posts about how to style long hair someone sent me the link to LHL. That was in late 2001 thereabouts. I wish I knew the person's screen name, it would be great to know if she is still around, but I don't even know if she was a regular poster at the old LHL or just a lurker. :shrug: Oh well, thanks for the link! :D

Speedbump
October 2nd, 2008, 11:43 PM
I don't remember the specific search term, but I was trying to learn how to take better care of my hair and was googling for it. So, the power of Google got me here. I still remember how amazed and delighted I was, and I literally spent 6 weeks doing nothing but reading at least two hours a day, drinking it all in. It was only then that I registered and started posting. :)

eyesofsummer
October 3rd, 2008, 12:42 AM
A bunch of people in a long-hair LiveJournal group mentioned this site...I admired their beautiful hair, and am now here to learn as much as I can about growing some of my own!

Tami86
October 3rd, 2008, 01:18 AM
I was googling hair care tips, and how to grow hair long.. etc. I though to myself, there must be a forum out there about taking care of longhair. So I started googling "Long Hair Forum" and finally stumbled upon this place :)

Sarahmoon
October 3rd, 2008, 07:32 AM
I bought a hair stick and googled for tips on how to use it more successfully. Then I found longhairloom. I lurked there for a while, tried out some recipes and via links there found this website. And I like this one better, so made an account here :D

6monkeys
October 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
My niece came out to visit, and we were comparing hair length--she told me about this site and thought it was very helpful. Become somewhat addicted:rolleyes:

Paniscus
October 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
My hair was past my shoulders when I decided to get a cute bob. Erm, it ended up being the worst haircut of my life. I decided then and there, I would grow my hair long. I was playing around on the net, searching long hair and looking for things to make your hair grow and such, when I came across LHC! Ta-da! Loving it ever since!

sky
October 3rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
I honestly don't recall just how I found LHC!

I began growing about 3 or 4 years ago.

sky

WavyGirl
October 4th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I was avoiding picking up the phone to call the hairdresser for a much needed cut. I didn't want short hair again and thought if I could find a "long" style picture to show her she might not take off 12 inches. I found the old LHC boards instead and never did call the hairdresser. :D

There was so much helpful info on caring for damaged hair. I was kept busy reading for weeks. I lurked for a while because I was finding all my answers with search and I didn't feel I really had anything to add. Eventually I had a question that I couldn't find an answer for so I joined. Then it crashed. When it came back up I started posting because by then I'd realised that there were photo boards and I wanted to see those.

I've since found other forums about subjects that interest me but this is the only one I keep coming back to. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I also love the vbulletin style. It's so easy to view and navigate. You're all just so darn interesting - I can still spend hours here and not even be thinking about hair!

Gothic Lolita
October 5th, 2008, 04:41 AM
I found LHC through a German forum, where some members also were/are growing out and referred to this site. They all have very beautiful hair, so I just lurked around here and finaly signed up. I've never been to a more polite and more wonderful forum.

Juli414
October 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
A year ago in July? August? an email humor list had MLHH as the interesting site for the day. Since I have a particular fondness for long hair on a man, I had to at least peek. I found a great bunch of guys and gals, but it doesn't meet all my needs. LHC was frequently mentioned, so, I had to check it out. I have to confess that it's been quite a while since I've been to MLHH.

RocketDog
October 10th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I googled 'long hair care forum' and this was the most active and well-appointed of the sites that I found, so here I am!

plainjanegirl
October 10th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I googled long hair updos or buns and ran into Cinnamongirls page and then shortly with the same search found this and the loom. Now I am here everyday.

Nic's
October 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I was doing a search on google, and found the link

Forever_Sophie
October 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Googling must have lead me to LongHairLovers.com around '01 or so, then things changed and a friend from a makeup board told (or reminded?) me about this site.

angelthadiva
October 17th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I too used :google: my search was for long hair styles, I checked out a few sites...Actually there was a Dutch Speaking ;) ;) updo challenge participant. I believe it was called 52 updos which lead me to a blog; then that got me here.

I was so excited to find so many like minded people who were as concerned about their hair as I was. I joined the first day.

burns_erin
October 21st, 2008, 03:22 PM
I googled long hair before/during my major hair disaster at the end of my senior undergraduate year. I found old LHC and lurked, but did not have the patience to salvage my hair. When I started growing out after that, LHC was unavailable, when I started growing out after September 2007, LHC was back. I lurked for a good long while, then decided to join.

Bianca
October 31st, 2008, 06:28 AM
I googled henna i think, have been lurking around for some time, then decided to join. It's a great site :cheese:

Raven69
November 1st, 2008, 04:25 AM
Hah, the other day when I was watching Tyra's show, she had a woman on there that had hair down to the floor, having long hair myself - I wanted to see what I could find via good ole' Google...so I searched 'how long is too long hair' and this site was the third one listed on the front page. So I started reading around the forum and joined!

Sighridh
November 2nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
I found it when I was researching no-shampoo options, trying to get to healthier and more eco-friendly hair.

neon-dream
November 2nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
I googled something for hair recipes or something, and this came up :)
& I'm so very glad I did! :bounce:

hipmama1970
November 3rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
I read about the Aspirin Mask over at the Craftster forums, and followed a link from there to (I think it was) The Beauty Bottle. A lot of people were hanging out over there because the LHC was down for a few days, and they kept talking about it and how happy they'd be when it was re-opened. I figured out where they were talking about, and checked this place out when it came back up.

I'd always wanted to grow my hair out, but it would always start looking broken and yucky so I kept cutting it off. I was so excited to see all of these folks with really long hair who knew how to keep it healthy and nice! :)

BlndeInDisguise
November 3rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
I think I found it through Google. I was interested in healthier hair. I lurked for a long time, because I didn't think I could join cuz I have an aol account, and I was about to get an account that I had to pay for.

Then when LHC went down I started posting over on TBB, and someone told me that Gmail works to join here, so that's what I did.

RedJen
November 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
I think I got here by way of an Internet search I did on Locks of Love in 1999. Before I knew about the organization, I was considering cutting my hair to donate it. The site I found (either TLHS or LHL) gave the facts about LOL and that was the end of that for me. I was a member of the old Network54 forums, but I had to lurk because my computer couldn't handle it. I've followed LHC in its incarnations since.

berr
November 3rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
When LHC switched to the current vBulletin boards, I joined, but I got active only after I got DSL, as these pages load slowly on dial-up.

Ditto that!! It took me forever to get 100 posts on the old forum. :google: is how I found to the boards originally. I joined and suffered through dial up to make a few posts and see a few updos and instructional articles. Then I noticed a weird bit, there was actually a troll alert forum. I despised that thing as I viewed it as a reason for suspicion where maybe no suspicion was needed. A lot of arguing and really nasty attitudes reared up and I no longer had the urge to wait 5 minutes for the page to load and see the same old :argue:. I dropped off the face of the earth as far as hair forums go for a couple of years.

Four years later, I like the new format much better now that I'm used to it and I'm enjoying reading the blogs a lot more than I ever expected. I also like the restrictions on the board and feel a bit more comfortable but I'll never post pictures on open forums. I'm glad I have the option for some seclusion. I'm especially appreciative of the moderators and all they do to keep the peace by jumping in and laying down the ground rules up front when something controversial is posted. Thank you, MODS.

MandaMom2Three
November 3rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Someone linked here in the comments section of a blog I read :D It was love at first site (ok, corny pun LOL)

Teacherbear
November 3rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
I never saw this thread before . . . I followed the others "the night LHL exploded". I spent some time at the new LHL, but decided this was the place to be. Of course, that was 7 or 8 (or 10 or 12) versions of LHC ago. I was the 32nd person to join LHC.

Ęther
November 3rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
I was searching for home hair care recipes to make my own shampoos. Then I was a lurker for about a week. I figured that if I was looking at the forums about every day that week, that I should go ahead and join. Thank you, LHC, for enabling my new obsession.

Bubbleguppy
November 3rd, 2008, 08:11 PM
My boyfriend Gumball told me about it :) I've gotten more and more into hair stuff since I met him (I always kind of was :)), and he told me about this site, and I decided it would be fun to check it out, and it was! woo! :D

Robbi Dehlinger
November 3rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
I never saw this thread before . . . I followed the others "the night LHL exploded". I spent some time at the new LHL, but decided this was the place to be. Of course, that was 7 or 8 (or 10 or 12) versions of LHC ago. I was the 32nd person to join LHC.

and you got me here also:):cheese:

Bene
November 5th, 2008, 08:07 PM
stumbleupon.... i simply stumbled onto this site :)

Jessikinz
November 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I googled about how to do frenchbraids, and it linked me to a thread somewhere, when the old LHC was in existence.

Vitalai
November 5th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I was googling how to do some hair styles a few years ago. I've been visiting ever since on-and-off, but I only joined two months or so ago.

gdimoonbeam
November 5th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Since I'll be moving to Philly I was looking for a long hair salon. I stumbled on the archived list.

logica_divina
November 10th, 2008, 01:42 PM
It was actually on a Serbian Lush forum that one girl mentioned this forum with excellent hair recipes and hair care tips. Being hair-obsessed all my life, I went there... and since then, I'm in love ;)

dreamhair
December 11th, 2008, 10:30 AM
a search for growing healthy hair on google.

Ryanne
December 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I googled hair care, then started lurking for a while.

butterflykisses
December 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I had already decided that I wanted to grow my hair out and I was googling "long hair care" since I wanted to make sure my long hair would be healthy. I stumbled across this site and lurked around for a few weeks before I joined.
Initially, I joined partially for the chance to post and participate but also for a good way to log my growth and progress.

Allegra
December 13th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I was looking for more information on the 'curly girl' method.
I think i was googling for sulfate-free shampoos or sillicone free conditioners when i was led to this forum.

fairydust
December 13th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I found this forum back in January 2004. I was growing my hair at the time, and I was looking for, well, anything that had anything to do with long hair care and growing healthy hair. I lurked here occasionally :o and managed to grow my hair long between 2003-2008. I chopped it off recently, and am now regretting it, and decided to grow it again and join the community properly this time.

Sissy
December 13th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I was on Yahoo Answers checking out some hair prodcuts, if they are good for hair, etc and someone had posted about this site. I googled it and here I was!:o

frogette
December 14th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I was googling for tips on how to communicate with your stylist so that he doesn't chop off 6-7 inches while you just asked for a trim (happened to me last time) and here I am.

CaityBear
December 14th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I think I was Google searching stuff for healthy hair and growing long hair and came to this forum. And fell in love! lol I've learned sooo much from this forum. I was talking about henna to a few people earlier (my mom mentioned about me wanting to henna my hair or something) and this one girl said to me "How do you know all this stuff?!" And it was all because of this forum. lol

Debra83
December 15th, 2008, 01:09 AM
I had been googling long hair tips and found it among the list. Got addicted/obsessed with the site right away!!! Spend most of my on-line time here.

DecafJane
December 15th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I googled "long hair is beautiful" to look for some kind of support in growing it out, as I felt pressured to chop. I found this place, started looking around out of curiosity and found such support and great information that I stayed, getting serious about growing after I made the mistake of chopping it all off to an ultra-short pixie.

Isa-belle
December 15th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks to JJJ Long Hair's (LadyLongLocks) website - and I "met" JJJ through Youtube :)

BigChiefHoho
December 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I have no idea. I found it somehow or other four or five years ago, and I've been back off and on (more off than on lately - this may be my first post in 2008...) since.

Anje
December 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I was looking for ways to fold my menstrual cup other than the standard C fold. Google lead me across the monstrous thread on them in the off-topic section (back when that was publicly visible). I thought the rest of the site was pretty cool, too.

AprilElf
December 16th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I was told about the site by member Smokering, who's a good friend IRL. :blossom:

ecologystudent
December 16th, 2008, 02:34 AM
My sister found it several years a go, and on one of her visits showed me the oil cleansing method for your face, as well as lecturing me on how you're not supposed to apply conditioner above the ears (shoulder length hair at the time, and I liked how conditioner made my hair feel). As I'm blessed with good skin, and wasn't too eager for long hair at the time, I wasn't too interested.

When I decided several weeks ago that I was going to grow out my hair, and challenged myself not to touch it with scissors for the next 5 years, I knew this would be a good place to come to.

Celticfreefall
December 16th, 2008, 03:05 AM
I googled long hair and community to see what would come up (though I was looking for an LJ community). Go figure.

Scrofula
December 16th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Loviatar led me astray.....as per usual!

Shadow
December 16th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I Googled 'Hairloss' for a solution to my stress shedding and a LHC advice thread was about the third or fourth link that Google brought up :)

Loviatar
December 16th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Loviatar led me astray.....as per usual!

Oh yes blame me Mrs! :bigtongue:

I dont actually remember properly how I got here, I think it was through reading the henna for hair (mehandi.com) mixes page and someone linked to LHC from there - and I thought I would find a few henna tips here.

Then I found Nightshade :lol:

Nightshade
December 16th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Oh yes blame me Mrs! :bigtongue:

I dont actually remember properly how I got here, I think it was through reading the henna for hair (mehandi.com) mixes page and someone linked to LHC from there - and I thought I would find a few henna tips here.

Then I found Nightshade :lol:

Oh sure, blame ME :lol: ;)

Beldaran let me know about this site, but I'd seen references to it on the H4H forums.

Beldaran
December 18th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Oh sure, blame ME :lol: ;)

Beldaran let me know about this site, but I'd seen references to it on the H4H forums.

Interesting. February 2006 comes before April 2006 on my calendar, anyone else?

Nice try on passing the buck though. :eyebrows:

DeeM
December 18th, 2008, 10:35 AM
This is probably unusual......but, I became a member here as my husband was already a member here, it took me a while before I took the plunge and 'signed up' even though we both have long hair.
Neither of us are really computer literate, especially me, but it was Des (my husband) who 'found' and joined this forum first.

Nightshade
December 18th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Interesting. February 2006 comes before April 2006 on my calendar, anyone else?

Nice try on passing the buck though. :eyebrows:

:lol: Okay, fine, so I got you here. And Belisama. Guilty! :p

joyellen
December 18th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I was googling tips on growing long, healthy hair and I luckily found LHC.

Elenna
December 18th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I was looking for hair recipes and stayed for the long hair. I'm much, much happier with my hair now.

viking_quest
December 18th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I found TLHC through the livejournal long hair community. I lurked for a few weeks, then I made an account, lurked a bit more, and then I started posting because I wanted an order of the long hairs siggie.

tiggens
December 18th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I was looking for pictures of women growing out buzzcuts and stumbled on GrowlingTurtlez's thread and that was the ol' tip of the iceberg.

morguebabe
December 18th, 2008, 12:30 PM
From sunless.com (a sunless tanning community) Back in 2001 when we were at Longhairlovers.com

Nightshade
December 18th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I found TLHC through the livejournal long hair community. I lurked for a few weeks, then I made an account, lurked a bit more, and then I started posting because I wanted an order of the long hairs siggie.

:lol: THat's fantastic. Well, I hope the siggy was worth it ;)

Nizhoni
December 18th, 2008, 01:25 PM
My guess is that I did :google: for something hair related, probably had something to do with my scalp. I did not join the first time I found this site (or the old one), I thought that my hair never could grow any longer than it already had. But when I started CO washing I gained new hope and after a while of lurking I decided to join. :)

Rose J.
December 18th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I heard about this forum on Naturallycurly.com. :)

kam984420
December 18th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I did a search for somrthing related to long hair and this site came up.

BranwenWolf
December 19th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I can't remember!! I think I was looking for info on henna and came across Nightshade's articles and then hit the forum from there.

Chia Pet
December 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
My long hair friend and I were looking for up do ideas, it took a little while to realize that our best results were coming from the same website. We laughed off the "obsessed" hair growers out there but I secretly came back and I still can't get enough. I completely changed my entire hair routine, was soon - and still am - taking pictures of my hair, and then I learned everything I could for all my other friends with hair problems. I now preach this sight to any secretly obsessed hair person I can find, people ask me to do their hair, people help me with my latest experiments or friends and I do hair treatments together. I can't believe how bonding it really is to fix hair problems.

I guess this is as good of place as any to rave my appreciation and thanks for letting me be part of all this. I chose my user name from my nickname the kids had for me on the bus when I was in school. They used it to be insulting but I thought it was a cute and creative name. I liked being different. Now, thanks to the hair community I am pretty much waste length with healthy managed hair. I do miss my wild curls and I'll rant about that with the other curly girls some other time (I saw that post a long time ago). This is the longest my hair has ever been and the best it has ever looked and I love knowing that it's up to me, not some over priced manufactured product in a fancy salon that is all about the trendiest looks.

PurpleRays
December 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I also used Google - Long Hair forum and was directed to this site...

talecon
December 29th, 2008, 12:19 AM
it was recommended to me by members of livejournal.com longhair community because I asked if there were anyother long hair sites to keep me motivated while I try to reach my longhair goal

Pinga
December 29th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I used to go to the TLHS once in awhile. When I couldn't find it, my search led me to LHC. With all the great information and friendliness I saw here, I wanted to come out of lurkdom to join all the fun.

BigDreams
December 29th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I was using google to find information about silk caps (can't find them around here) and one of your threads came up. I got looking around and decided I wanted to join in! You all seemed so knowledgable.

iriska
December 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM
i thought i would want to share (tips, encouragements, and at time let's face it frustration) with other people who tried to grow their hair long (and i don't mean chin long :rolleyes:). so i typed "grow your hair long", "very long hair", "long hair" on google and ended up here :)

vindo
December 29th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I googled long hair styles..tadaaa!

Was thinking about what to do with my almost waist length layered hair.

30isthenewblack
December 29th, 2008, 08:36 PM
The hairdresser had just cut off 4" of hair when I asked him to cut off 1" and I was so upset that I finally decided to join another hair forum and come out of lurkdom. From that hair forum which I still visit, I heard about this hair forum.

Misha
December 30th, 2008, 04:51 AM
:flower:I was looking for info about growing healthy long hair, and found this site!

rags
December 30th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I was looking for some way to get some volume in my baby fine hair without alcohol and every thing I linked came to here! I lurked for quite a while, as I am quite shy and rather inarticulate in written form, but finally got the courage to come out of the woodwork!

FallenAngel
December 30th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Was curious about the site Aisling always talked about, and came here a few weeks ago. :D

Copasetic
December 30th, 2008, 11:26 AM
One day i googled "long hair" looking for a website with tips on how to grow out hair. This community was in the results, so I checked it out for a few days before I worked up enough courage to join and post.

Stubborn
January 1st, 2009, 05:00 PM
found out about here from mlhh.org

dalriada-lady
January 1st, 2009, 09:32 PM
I was searching for a website to help me figure out why my hair felt so dry and nothing i did every helped, went to ask.com and searched for damaged hair recipes, and also searched natural hair care recipes and both brought me here.

best place i ever found.

MAO
January 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
I found MUA first and followed an OCM post and somehow wound up here! My hair hasn't grown much since I came here b/c I am just a little too scissor happy BUT I am still happy I found this place. Such a treasure trove of info and not to mention a lot of really nice people!

LittleLlama
January 2nd, 2009, 11:20 PM
A friend from a pregnancy/parenting forum mentioned that she has knee-length hair and we all went :agape:
Just at the same time I was deciding if I wanted to go back to a pixie/flip style or keep growing my BSL out to something more exciting. She posted a link to here and within a couple days... well, I'm hooked.

YumiYume
January 3rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
I googled longhair and haircare I think, and ended up here =)

sissadawn
January 4th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I was getting bored with my hair so i started looking around for new ideas, i believe I googled super long hair styles and found this site! It saved me from the big chop that I had planned to take! Ughhh I can imagine how mad I'd be if I'd actually chopped it off in a pixie cut!:p

CatScratchDance
January 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Through Google, I was looking for some hair style ideas and then I bookmarked the page and forgot about it. The I rediscovered it a few days ago.

ItalianFlower
January 4th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I wanted to grow my hair long, so I googled, "Tips for long hair" or something and found the Long Locks Hair Boutique's List.

Well on that list they recommended a boar bristle brush which, erm, isn't a good plan for curlies. Haha. But anyways, I keep looking for more tips and eventually said something that pulled up this site and I immediately fell in love. <3

saak86
January 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I was googling long hair >> I want may long hair back

JamieLeigh
January 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I found it by accident, LOL. I lurked for almost a year, and then one of my friends on Facebook suggested I would be interested in the site. By that time, I was used to posting on message boards elsewhere, so I didn't feel too shy anymore. I joined in October, and am loving it! :D

caribou55313
January 12th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I heard about LHC on the H4H forum ... lots of cross-pollination!

Avalonna
January 12th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I also found LHC through the Henna for Hair site. I've been a lurker and rare poster over there for several years.

TineyTitch
January 14th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I was searching for how to grow hair long and I came to 43 things and someone reccommended tis site. :)

Ayanna
January 15th, 2009, 06:09 AM
I googled "long hair" or something like that,and i found this site from there:)

Unicorn
January 15th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I googled 'Graydog'.... yes I'm a budding hair toy addict :-)

I came across this site, first I trawled for hair toy links, then I started reading the other threads. After a few weeks reading I finally joined. Definately a keeper!

Unicorn

bluemoon1891
January 15th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I was lurking a beauty community on Livejournal when I saw two members mention "LHC" and how upset they were when the site crashed.

Curious to know what it stood for, I googled it. Been completely addicted ever since. :)

SimplyLonghair
January 15th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I found this through H4H! LHC Rocks!:D

biglesliep
January 16th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I had the wonderful coincidence to meet a LHC member who works in the body care section of my local Whole Foods (Palo Alto, CA) who recommended the site to me as well as giving me a little primer on how to take care of my hair!

-- biglesliep

Garnetgem
January 21st, 2016, 12:10 AM
Browsing google about a hair dilemma and clicked onto an old posting from LHC until then i had no idea about this sites existence,of course i joined up quickly! :)

languagenut
January 21st, 2016, 12:48 AM
Thank you, Garnetgem, for reviving this thread!

I had found a pair of hair sticks that had been given to me a year before, but which I hadn't used because I didn't know how. So I decided to Google "how to use hair sticks" and found a thread on this site, "what's your favorite one-stick bun" or something to that effect. That didn't help me much in the project at hand, but I was intrigued by the name of the forum, having always felt like I was the only one with hair like this (though I knew there were others, I didn't know them personally). So I had sort of a wanting to fit into a community, one that understands the joys and the inconveniences of long hair, one where I wouldn't be the odd one out. And I also hope to find ideas for styling; I've always had difficulty styling my hair, because it's so long and thick.

languagenut
January 21st, 2016, 12:56 AM
This adds another to the list of things to think of when I see the initials LHC, the others being Lake Havasu City (I have grandparents who live there), Left Handers' Club (who initiated Left Handers' Day, August 13), and the all-important Large Hadron Collider (which I never had any connection with except that, being interested in science, I heard about it frequently).

TheGray
January 21st, 2016, 03:54 PM
I spent a long time combing the internet for advice after I decided to grow out my pixie cut last May, and stumbled upon this site!

Groovy Granny
January 21st, 2016, 03:58 PM
Googling long/gray hair on older women when I considered growing from chin and staying silver = LHC :)

lapis_lazuli
January 21st, 2016, 04:28 PM
I don't even remember... I used to (and still) read a lot about hair care, hair in the media, everything hair on Google. So I guess it was only a matter of time before I stumbled upon this site :grin: So glad I did!

gregh
January 23rd, 2016, 11:28 AM
Searching for tips on long hair care. Joined because thought it'd be fun to participate a bit and positive reinforcement is always nice.

Longhairgrowing
January 28th, 2016, 08:17 AM
I came across LHC when by Googling "no poo" and later on "Water only". I like all the information and tips I can read here. Now I use shampoo again and sometimes rhasoul clay. I never thought I could manipulate my scalp to adjust to go longer between washes. No I've joined to grow my hair long (WL if possible). I'm growing out a layerd bob, so still a long way to go ;)

Lilacs
January 28th, 2016, 11:06 AM
My best friend had invited me to go to the Renaissance Festival with her one summer and I was just getting ready to have my hair cut again. I decided to wait for the cut and searched on YouTube for styles to wear to the fair. I found TorrinPaige's channel and fell in love with her videos in which she of course mentioned LHC. I have been here ever since. SO thankful to have found it before I cut again!

:blossom:Lilacs:blossom:

IndyAndy
January 28th, 2016, 11:23 AM
I actually found LHC in a sort of silly way. I was searching pinterest for ways to modify a bra. From there I found a blog by a belly dancer who just happened to have recently begun using Henna on her hair; I had just been considering going out for a box of red dye so it was the perfect article for me and I began researching henna for hair more in depth--which of course brought me to LHC. I actually found LHC at the perfect time because I had been ready to chop to a pixie and instead I became a hennahead and am now growing for hip length (Crossing fingers for Dec 2017)

parkmikii
January 28th, 2016, 11:38 AM
A few years ago when I was looking for 'tips to grow hair faster' after a horrible haircut. I've lurked a few years and then registered :D

therebelqueen
January 28th, 2016, 03:04 PM
I probably found LHC by googling some variant of "long hair updos" or "extremely long hair updos".

HeartofHaleth
January 30th, 2016, 02:05 PM
I was having a hair crisis of the "Gaaaah I'm just going to chop it all off!!" variety. I posted about in on the Hair Dye Forum that I also lurk about on, and a very helpful person directed me here. I guess it does make a decent support group;)

lucasBA
February 3rd, 2016, 08:24 PM
I have been growing my hair back out and was looking for information on how to take care of it this time.

Alarice
February 5th, 2016, 03:57 PM
I *think* it was from Googling natural hair care tips, like shampoo alternatives. I lurked for a long time before signing up! But eventually I gave in. I'm not currently super active on here, but I do enjoy coming. It's helpful, fun, and seems like one of the few places on the internet where people are actually nice. :rolleyes:

maborosi
February 5th, 2016, 04:07 PM
I was googling long hair care.

I think it was early 2011 and I wanted to have very long, fairytailed hair (maybe...), then I stumbled upon LHC and grew from there!

restless
February 7th, 2016, 05:57 AM
I used to be a member in another forum (a non-hair related one) and someone there made a thread asking for hair advice. A member mentioned/linked this place and I got curious and decided to check it out. Ive been here ever since :) I lurked for a long time before I joined though.

lithostoic
February 7th, 2016, 02:54 PM
I was looking for information on how to repair damaged hair and grow it out strong. I searched several methods and always wound up back here! So I decided to make an account.

missrandie
February 7th, 2016, 09:13 PM
I was digging up protective styling, and found the place in a sea of websites expressly for curlies.

This wonderful site was like a breath of fresh air, and I happily signed up right then.

ArienEllariel
February 7th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Friendly google brought me to the Long Hair Loom site and from there to here.

MlleMC
February 8th, 2016, 01:34 PM
I was on Google looking for hairstyle ideas and getting really annoyed that nothing I found worked with my length, when I came upon a picture of a woman with hair longer than mine, and I just followed the link.

mermaid lullaby
February 9th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Honestly, I have no idea! :coffee: