PDA

View Full Version : Can I really add jojoba oil to my shampoo and conditioner?

Leslieslsa
February 2nd, 2014, 08:47 PM
I bought a bottle of jojoba oil hearing it is good for your hair. I didn't know however that the instructions would say to add a teaspoon of it to my shampoo and conditioner. I am weary to do this because a lot of mine are really expensive. Is that really a good way of doing it? Can I even just put it on the hair alone or mixed with olive or coconut oil? Tell me about oils ladies, lol.

LauraLongLocks
February 2nd, 2014, 09:12 PM
Yes, you can add it to your shampoo and conditioner. A teaspoon isn't very much to a whole bottle of shampoo or conditioner.

I use jojoba oil after every wash, when my hair is still wet. It's a waxy oil, so if you get too much on your hair, it may feel sticky and look too greasy. So go light with it until you get a better feel for it.

Firefox7275
February 2nd, 2014, 09:32 PM
Not to your main bottles, you risk messing with the preservatives. Just name small batches.

Johannah
February 3rd, 2014, 12:48 AM
You can but I'd try it out first before you put oil in the entire bottle :p you never know whether you like it or not :p

Night_Kitten
February 3rd, 2014, 08:57 AM
You can put it in the shampoo or conditioner, but it's definitely not the only way to use it - you can put it directly on your hair or mix it with other oils and put the "concoction" of oils on your hair :) Start with a little amount and add a bit more until you get to the desired look/feel (unless you're doing a heavy oil treatment, then you want to put plenty on)