PDA

View Full Version : Hair Question for Justgreen

Jamie Lynn 40
September 11th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Hi-
Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering what type of leave-in conditioner or hair oil ( name brand) you use? I am trying to grow my hair to hip length & I have taken your advice on going cone-free. My hair is a little past my shoulders & I had my daughter trim about 1/2 inch last night ( the ends are thin) & I am going to the salon tomorrow to get my hair colored ( I saw a picture of your hair color & I love it) so I am going to go light blonde. Also, what is your hair routine if you don't mind me asking. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
JamieLynn40

justgreen
September 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I use a very diluted solution of Lanza Leave-IN conditioner. About 3 ounces distilled water, 1 teaspoon Lanza, 3 drops jojoba oil, shaken very well before spritzing. I only use this after washing with diluted shampoo. I dilute my shampoo about 5-1.

When I first came here, I did CWC religiously for about 18 months. That is what helped me most, that and SMT. SMT WAS my regular conditioner for quite some time. I used, and still use Nature's Gate Original Herbal Conditioner and Shampoo. I also use some Pantenne Shampoos, very diluted, now that I know how to care for my hair correctly.

I also use a spritzer made from distilled water, jojoba oil, sweet orange oil. This is what I use after I remove my microfiber towel, it puts some great moisture back in my hair.

If you have hard water, you might think about final rinsing with distilled water. I do a cold water rinse, then finish with about 12 ounces of distilled water to keep the minerals from adhering to my hair as the water evaporates.

Hope this helps you.:D

Jamie Lynn 40
September 11th, 2008, 08:37 AM
When you say diluted do you mean with jojoba oil or regular conditioner for your shampoo? How many times per week do you shampoo? I am assuming pantene is cone-free? If you don't mind my asking, where do you get the orange oil? I have looked at health food stores & I can't seem to find any.Thanks so much for your time.
JamieLynn 40

justgreen
September 11th, 2008, 08:44 AM
When you say diluted do you mean with jojoba oil or regular conditioner for your shampoo? How many times per week do you shampoo? I am assuming pantene is cone-free? If you don't mind my asking, where do you get the orange oil? I have looked at health food stores & I can't seem to find any.Thanks so much for your time.
JamieLynn 40

I dilute with plain old tap water for shampoo. I wash between 2-3 times a week. Pantene is NOT cone free, but I only began using their products last year. That's why I listed the Nature's Gate Products for you. NG products can be found at HF stores and also at GNC stores at the mall. The orange oil is Sweet Orange/Orange Blossom. The expensive version is called Neroli. Usually found in tiny EO bottles, you might have to ask for help at your health food store. I can't imagine a health food store NOT having orange oil.

Jamie Lynn 40
September 11th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Thank you. When you said you used lanza leave-in conditioner, did you mean L'ANZA Daily Elements Leave-In Conditioner? I am going to place an order at amamzon for some of these items. I am also going to see if they have the sweet orange oil & the NG products.Once again, thank you.
JamieLynn40

justgreen
September 11th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Thank you. When you said you used lanza leave-in conditioner, did you mean L'ANZA Daily Elements Leave-In Conditioner? I am going to place an order at amamzon for some of these items. I am also going to see if they have the sweet orange oil & the NG products.Once again, thank you.
JamieLynn40\

It's called "L'anza Leave-In Conditioner" KB2 (http://www.amazon.com/Lanza-Leave-In-Conditioner-33-8oz/dp/B000FVWAKM)

Jamie Lynn 40
September 11th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Thank you. I am going to order some. Have a great day.
JamieLynn40

justgreen
September 11th, 2008, 09:09 AM
No problem, let me know if you find the leave-in online. I have to buy it at a salon.

Jamie Lynn 40
September 11th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Hi-
I just ordered 2 33.8 ounce bottles from Amazon for $51.98 but the shipping wasn't a very good price. Oh well. At least they had it . I can't find it around here where I live anywhere so I am glad I ordered some. :-) Thank you so much for telling me about it. I read some reviews on it at Amazon & they were 5 star so I am sure it is worth the price.
JamieLynn40

justgreen
September 11th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I pay $12 for a 13 ounce bottle, I think. At the rate I use it, it'll take me forever. Most high end salons sell it and the prices are usually pretty fair.

Jamie Lynn 40
September 11th, 2008, 01:33 PM
That is a pretty good price. I am going to try what you suggested with the jojoba oil & water.Do you have any other suggestions? My hair needs as much moisture as it can get. Have a great day.
JamieLynn40

justgreen
September 11th, 2008, 02:06 PM
That is a pretty good price. I am going to try what you suggested with the jojoba oil & water.Do you have any other suggestions? My hair needs as much moisture as it can get. Have a great day.
JamieLynn40

Sometimes, especially in winter, I add a bit of conditioner to my length and ends before toweling. Plus I use that spritzer religiously.

Jamie Lynn 40
September 11th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Ok. Thanks. I can't wait to try the spritzer mixture. My hair needs as much moisture as it can get. Thanks again.
JamieLynn40

Jamie Lynn 40
September 12th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Justgreen-
I was just wondering how often you trimmed your hair while growing it out to hip length? Also, how much did you take off each time. Have you always had long hair? I had waist length hair at one time but I severly damaged it trying to color ( bleach) it myself & I had to cut it all off. Since then it seems to grow really slow or it is just breaking off after it gets to a certain length. I am not sure which. Right now it is just a little past my shoulders & I want to set realistic goals for myself. I am hoping it won't take me over 4 years to grow it to hip level. I will be 40 years old in a few days. Someone told me that when you get older ( as old as me) your hair grows a lot slower.I hope this isn't true. What do you think? Sorry to overwhelm you with so many questions. Have a great day.
JamieLynn40