PDA

View Full Version : Catnip question

Kina
February 2nd, 2014, 05:29 PM
So, I have a cat.

My cat LOVES catnip with the white hot heat of a thousand suns.

I've been reading about using catnip and it seems promising, (I keep eyeing my cat's supply, that he doesn't know I have) but I keep *seeing* him scenting the catnip, head rising, hunting me through the house until he finds me and claws his way up my body to roll around in my hair. :D

I don't imagine this would be good for my hair O.O I can say this with some measure of confidence given that I've already had my dog tangled in it while, ironically enough, doing yoga and being in downward dog.

Those of you who use catnip, do you have cats? if you do, do they react to the catnip? If not, why do you think that is? If they do, do you have to beat them off with sticks? :)

Loviatar
February 2nd, 2014, 05:35 PM
From what I recall of the catnip thread, cats don't seem to care about catnip-rinsed hair. It would be wise to keep an eye on the actual tea leaves and blossoms though!

durgidog
February 2nd, 2014, 06:02 PM
I've used catnip rinse and my cat's don't notice anything in my hair, it's when I'm preparing the tea that they go crazy.

KarpatiiSiv
February 2nd, 2014, 06:33 PM
I've been using catnip for my hair for many years now and have never had a problem with any of the cats I've had during that time. Right now I've got two catnip crazy cats who have no interest whatsoever in the catnip that I soak my hair with. The catnip probably doesn't smell as good once water is added to it. I use the same catnip that I put in their toys. Make sure the one you use is a mixture of leaves and buds.