PDA

View Full Version : New video: Messy Bun on knee lenght hair.

Hypnotica
February 1st, 2014, 08:23 AM
I love the carefree and playful look of a messy bun but really never mastered the technique until now.

So I thought I would share it to the world of longhairs.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRrYpRNXyek

tetisheri72
February 1st, 2014, 08:34 AM
"Pin it into submission", love it. I had just gotten the notification that you posted this. You are my hair idol. Our hair isn't too dissimilar, and you are at my goal length.

katiebeans
February 1st, 2014, 08:34 AM
"Pin it into submission."

Haha! :laugh: I found that way too funny.

The bun turned out very cute though, this video could come in handy when I -hopefully- reach such length. Thanks for sharing!

MeganE
February 1st, 2014, 08:35 AM
What a beautiful mess you made!! I find it hard to create a messy bun at hip, it must be ten times harder at knee! Thanks for sharing. :)

Hypnotica
February 1st, 2014, 08:47 AM
What a beautiful mess you made!! I find it hard to create a messy bun at hip, it must be ten times harder at knee! Thanks for sharing. :)

You see everyone rocking messy buns everywhere but they are damned hard to do on very long hair for some reason. Everyone seems to like pretty and neat updos and I find them "meh" after so many years doing them. I'm stuck in an alternative universe, me believes. :P

veryhairyfairy
February 1st, 2014, 08:59 AM
I know what you mean about it being difficult to do messy buns on longer hair, and I'm going to give this a try at some point. :)

It's so crazy, I've been watching your style tutorials for a long time, and your hair just gets more and more gorgeous! I want to run away with it! :crush: :lol:

Johannah
February 1st, 2014, 09:02 AM
Didn't even know it was possible to do with knee length hair. Interesting, great video!

Night_Kitten
February 1st, 2014, 09:14 AM
Great tutorial, and WOW, what beautiful hair :D

lapushka
February 1st, 2014, 09:27 AM
Ooh very nice. Looks like the beginning of a peacock twist on longer lengths for me (the way it was done on me, but without the elastic). I've seen that technique used somewhere before, though can't remember where. :confused: It came out really nice. It's nice to know there's an option for longer lengths!

Hypnotica
February 1st, 2014, 09:55 AM
I know what you mean about it being difficult to do messy buns on longer hair, and I'm going to give this a try at some point. :)

It's so crazy, I've been watching your style tutorials for a long time, and your hair just gets more and more gorgeous! I want to run away with it! :crush: :lol:

I just tried to do messy double buns and it was doable with tons of pins - I'm going out to dance dance dance tonight!

Haha, no, you may not run away with my hair - I like it on my head :D

Beatnik Guy
February 1st, 2014, 10:45 AM
Awesome hair. :D

Achlys
February 1st, 2014, 11:05 AM
Very pretty! Also thanks for the french twist tutorial, I never knew how to do it on longer hair. :)

Soltimus
February 1st, 2014, 11:21 AM
You have absolutely awesome hair and the bun looks great :D I want to go experiment with messy buns now!

Oh, and would you mind telling me the name of the band whose music you used in the video? It sounds great!

Magicknthenight
February 1st, 2014, 11:39 AM
I haven't been on in a while so to come here and see you are still doing tutorials is awesome!! Your hair looks lovely as ever
I would really like to learn some new styles since I have been gone my morning routine has come down to 3 buns. I'll have to try this :toast:

höpönasu
February 1st, 2014, 11:44 AM
That is not a messy bun, that is AWESOME bun. Before you added pins, would it still hold or did just just pin it to make it look messy? It looked like an 8 figure before pinned, and it was awesome! :o

Hypnotica
February 1st, 2014, 01:28 PM
You have absolutely awesome hair and the bun looks great :D I want to go experiment with messy buns now!

Oh, and would you mind telling me the name of the band whose music you used in the video? It sounds great!

The Diablo Swing Orchestra - Balrog Boogie

Hypnotica
February 1st, 2014, 01:29 PM
That is not a messy bun, that is AWESOME bun. Before you added pins, would it still hold or did just just pin it to make it look messy? It looked like an 8 figure before pinned, and it was awesome! :o

Nah, without pins it would drop pretty fast.

Hypnotica
February 1st, 2014, 08:41 PM
"Pin it into submission", love it. I had just gotten the notification that you posted this. You are my hair idol. Our hair isn't too dissimilar, and you are at my goal length.

Aww, thank you!

CurlyCap
February 1st, 2014, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the vid!

What is the song in your video?

Loviatar
February 1st, 2014, 08:56 PM
That looks great Hypnotica. I just spent ages going through your video tutorials - this time when I grow my hair I will NOT do cinnabuns every single day like last time!

The Hypno Bun is my favourite I think, but that could just be the Vangelis ;)

Kaelee
February 1st, 2014, 09:16 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! How were the tangles taking it out?

ravenhair44
February 2nd, 2014, 01:01 AM
I just would like to thank you for doing some video's for knee length hair. :flowers: I have some new updo to play with.

Hypnotica
February 2nd, 2014, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the vid!

What is the song in your video?

Diablo Swing Orchestra - Balrog Boogie.

Hypnotica
February 2nd, 2014, 03:09 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!! How were the tangles taking it out?

No tangles really :) My hair does not believe in it :D

Hypnotica
February 2nd, 2014, 06:29 AM
That looks great Hypnotica. I just spent ages going through your video tutorials - this time when I grow my hair I will NOT do cinnabuns every single day like last time!

The Hypno Bun is my favourite I think, but that could just be the Vangelis ;)

I haven't worn it in AGES because my hair got too long but I can now do a messier version of it. Which is good because it is one of the few styles I know that can be hold with forks, sticks and Ficcares and always stays put no matter what.

bunzfan
February 2nd, 2014, 07:20 AM
It only seemed a few months ago you were classic length :shocked:

Like you I too love the look of a messy bun but thought I had to much hair but you've shown it is possible :cool:

Hypnotica
February 2nd, 2014, 12:36 PM
It only seemed a few months ago you were classic length :shocked:

Like you I too love the look of a messy bun but thought I had to much hair but you've shown it is possible :cool:

Classic was about 2 years ago :D But yeah, classic to knee has felt like a short time indeed.

nakima
February 2nd, 2014, 02:39 PM
way cool! love that and cant wait to try it! thanks for shareing.

Hypnotica
February 2nd, 2014, 10:02 PM
way cool! love that and cant wait to try it! thanks for shareing.

Thank you for watching!

Loviatar
February 2nd, 2014, 11:25 PM
I'd love to get to knee, but I don't think my genetics will let me do that. Plus I'm really tall - knee on me is 62 inches!

Hypnotica
February 3rd, 2014, 02:45 AM
I'd love to get to knee, but I don't think my genetics will let me do that. Plus I'm really tall - knee on me is 62 inches!

I'm a shortie. :) I have no idea how long my hair is in inches, maybe I should measure it....