PDA

View Full Version : So i want to use cocoa butter in my hair?

VixenWolfMare
January 31st, 2014, 07:46 PM
Im trying to help lock in moisture. I have some 100% cocoa butter and i wanted to know what was the best way to use it :)

Firefox7275
January 31st, 2014, 07:50 PM
Why do you think your hair needs more moisture? Too much water weakens hair (hygral fatigue). Butters can easily build up and are proven relatively poor for slip so you could end up with more damage due to tangles. Oftentimes when people say moisture they actually mean conditioning/ emollience (softness, slip, shine).

Scarlet_Heart
January 31st, 2014, 08:07 PM
Hmm, I don't know about butters, but I smooth petroleum jelly onto my ends after a shower and it helps a lot, particularly in the winter.

CurlyCap
January 31st, 2014, 09:38 PM
I use it all the time. It takes very little. Remember that pure cocao butter is VERY hard and so you'll need to work it into your hands for quite a while to get it nice and warm.

Oddly, my hair prefers the cocoa butter under my leave in conditioner. If it's placed over, my hair feels producty. If it's under, my hair dries soft and bouncy.

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 11:26 PM
To seal in the water I would think on damp hair would work best. I found a random link about cocoa butter for hair just for fun reading. i always like browsing the comment sections of any link to see what others think or do. :)
http://www.wisegeek.org/what-are-the-benefits-of-using-cocoa-butter-on-hair.htm