PDA

View Full Version : 2-tone hair dye idea/question

MissHoney
January 31st, 2014, 06:40 PM
Hi, hopefully I can get these photos to post:

I currently have this blonde color here (also exact same skin complexion/undertones), "all-over", with about 1" grow out. My virgin hair is just like the chocolate brown color shown here also (I really don't know what 'levels' to call these colors).

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B9awoFPxLJv8ODFQLTZ5TmZxQUU

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B9awoFPxLJv8amJMYm82OFdJZjQ

I have been debating if I want to give up my color so soon, I just started it in November and love it... blah blah blah.

My 'grow out plan' is to maintain the color that I have right now by only dyeing the front 1/4 - 1/3 and letting the rest grow out.

I'll try to be as clear as possible with my question: do you think this blonde was sectioned off 'ear to ear' or would I be able to get that look by sectioning off as if to cut bangs/fringe?

My reason for asking, is this: say I have this style, I have my goal (waist) length, but then I grow the roots out to 4-6 inches, and decide to get rid of the color... I don't want to look 'silly', with ear to ear short hair... you see?

Opinions? :confused: Pros/Cons? Over-thinking it? Just suck it up and stop coloring today? :o

hairpleasegrow
January 31st, 2014, 07:00 PM
I am not an expert on lhc by any means (I just joined and I'm growing out my chemically damaged APL to BSL) but i think you may be overthinking it. and forgive me i dont really understand your question.....but i think you are considering fringe which is a huge commitment.

suggest you wait another 2 months to decide anything. suggest not dying it for now , maybe when you have a bit more roots (2 inches) reevaluate. would you consider ombre? when you are not sure i say just wait.

i just did a cat nip rinse last night (ktani's method). i am extremely happy with it. i feel it slightly darkened my hair and toned down my highlights and blurred the line between my roots and highlights a bit(i have med brown hair with caramel highlights i'm growing out) . just thought i'd share that because it sounds like you are thinking about not dying in the future if i understand you properly. if you are maybe give that a try??

i'll also say as a new member I feel an urgency to get my hair long yesterday and I'm realizing it won't happen overnight. Just don't do anything rash..... i just am growing out my bangs it has been long and painstaking.

MissHoney
January 31st, 2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks. My intention isn't to cut bangs, I intend to grow out the back only, then eventually have just blonde in the front like in the photos. In the end I would have to either ombre-out the blonde until it is trimmed off, or cut it off as bangs/fringe, if possible, then grow those out.

I've had blonde and grew it out 'ombre' style, but I missed it more and more as I did so which is why I ended up dying my virgin hair back as soon as I trimmed the last inch off :p So I'm thinking, maybe if I only grow out half, I will be sick of the blonde for good the next time I grow it out.

Really, I want to make sure my idea makes sense in somebody else's head before I approach my hairdresser about it. Especially as a 'long term' plan.

Johannah
February 1st, 2014, 10:49 AM
Maybe it's me but I can't see the pictures.

MissHoney
February 1st, 2014, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure what to fix, I can see them on my tablet