PDA

View Full Version : 3 Year Anniversary: BSL to (almost) TBL!

carabean
January 31st, 2014, 04:40 PM
Hi Sweet Friends,

I've been a visitor to this lovely community for the past 3 years. Here is my first picture from Dec. 31, 2010. My hair was just above bra strap length at 24 inches.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9021&d=1391210235

Here is my hair, three years and 9 inches later at almost 33 inches. Some strands might meet tailbone, but I am not really sure. My original goal was waist length, but as my fingers demonstrate waist length, I think I have surprised even myself by growing a bit longer. My hair is fine, but has a 3 inch ponytail circumference. I oil it with olive oil, wash & condition once every three to four days. I wear it down on wash days, a ponytail the day after a wash, and a bun the 1- 2 days before a wash. I know I should bun more often, but I seem to have fallen into that pattern!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9020&d=1391210220

Thanks so much to all of you who have encouraged and supported me as I grew : )

Any suggestions for where to go from here? Should I trim back to waist to manage the fairy tale ends? Or just micro trim to maintain length? I do plan to add henna to my routine to provide strength. This is my hair's natural color.

Thanks always,

Carabean

vanillabones
January 31st, 2014, 05:40 PM
Oh congratulations on your 3 years!!! Your hair is so long! I wouldn't cut it I would just microtrim from here out. I also have the same routine as you, down the first day, pony the second, then buns :p that's pretty weird.
Your color is beautiful and rich it looks like the henna color so many here use to achieve.

carabean
January 31st, 2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks, Vanillabones! We could be hair routine twins! :)

Tini'sNewHair
January 31st, 2014, 06:45 PM
Awh, this is great to see - Congratulations on 3 years :) As for your ends, you can microtrim for a while and do S&D to keep your hair in good condition :)

CurlMonster
February 1st, 2014, 05:28 AM
Your hair looks lovely! I don't think you should chop your ends - maybe microtrim if you want to thicken them more, but they look fine to me. I think you hair is a solid hip length (so great growth in three years!) but still a ways from tailbone (which is measured by where you tailbone ends or when your hair touches the seat when you're sitting down). Your colour is very pretty too by the way! :)

Ocelan
February 1st, 2014, 05:50 AM
Lovely hair and happy anniversary! Here's some cake. :cake:

However I will have to agree with CurlMonster. I think your hair looks more like hip length and I would say TBL would be somewhere around the top of your jeans pockets or at the bottom of your picture. But don't worry, hip length is still definitely an achievement!

I would advice micro-trimming or maintaining while you are growing for maybe half a year if you want a more even hemline. Many are fine with fairytale ends too so if you don't mind them and if there's no damage then just keep growing. :)

duchess67
February 1st, 2014, 05:59 AM
Congrats on your 3 years! Your hair looks well conditioned and silky, pretty hair and gorgeous colour! You could micro trim, that will make a huge difference. Cinnamon hair has a blog http://www.beyondclassiclength.com/longhairjourney.html it's interesting to see how she grew her hair to knee length, truly inspiring.

cat11
February 1st, 2014, 07:09 AM
^I really like that example of microtrimming I definately plan on doing that when I get to my goal length to thicken it up and straighten out my U hem too

Your hair looks great! Congrats on committing to grow for so long and your very successful results :) I agree with everyone else who says maintain and trim to thicken the ends :) you might regret the bigger chop to waist.

carabean
February 1st, 2014, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys - I didn't even realize that there was a mile marker on the way to tailbone from waist. :p
Now, I'll be off to google micro trimming.

Johannah
February 1st, 2014, 08:50 AM
Congratulations!