PDA

View Full Version : Share you easy/lazy styles

missbexy
January 31st, 2014, 10:32 AM
As I've mentioned in a previous post I'm writing a blog section about chronic illness as beauty tips. I was hoping people would tell me their go to style/hair toy etc for quick and easy styling to give me a solid starting point for things I can try out and write about.
Thanks in advance.

oatmealpie
January 31st, 2014, 10:41 AM
At my length (not quite APL) a flipped bun secured with a Ficcare is quick, easy, and reliable.

Chiquita Banana
January 31st, 2014, 10:54 AM
LWB held with a stick or fork, or an easy braid.

Fairlight63
January 31st, 2014, 11:01 AM
A headband on then a braided bun held with a Ficcare.

LanaBanana
January 31st, 2014, 11:05 AM
Lazy Wrap Bun with a hairstick or pencil (whatever I can find!) if I'm going out, but if I'm just lounging at home and I want to lean back against the sofa I'll put it in an English braid.

missbexy
January 31st, 2014, 11:06 AM
Looks like I really need to splash out on a ficcare to try.

Gumball
January 31st, 2014, 11:24 AM
The nautilus bun is my go-to lazy style. It's quick to do and holds just fine.

Spindle
January 31st, 2014, 11:29 AM
My simplest/fastest updo is a nautilus with a stick stuck through

PrincessIdril
January 31st, 2014, 11:43 AM
My go-to style is a boring old cinnabun (braided if I can be bothered) held with spin pins.
However now that I've got a set of EZ combs (these things: http://www.amazon.co.uk/HOUSE-OF-CARDS-EZ-COMBS/dp/B004A847O8/ref=pd_sim_kh_2) I'm adding a french twist held with these into my repertoire.

missbexy
January 31st, 2014, 11:51 AM
My go-to style is a boring old cinnabun (braided if I can be bothered) held with spin pins.
However now that I've got a set of EZ combs (these things: http://www.amazon.co.uk/HOUSE-OF-CARDS-EZ-COMBS/dp/B004A847O8/ref=pd_sim_kh_2) I'm adding a french twist held with these into my repertoire.
I'd totally forgotten about EZ combs, I've got one somewhere that I'll have to dig out.

Madora
January 31st, 2014, 11:55 AM
If I'm in a hurry, then a loose braid, wrapped around my head.

sourgrl
January 31st, 2014, 11:55 AM
Lazywrap bun with a single stick or cinnabun with a ficcare. Wash days require the latter because my hair seems more slippery when freshly washed.

lazuliblue
January 31st, 2014, 12:05 PM
Octopus claw clips. They have some in Claire's in various sizes.

oatmealpie
January 31st, 2014, 12:07 PM
Looks like I really need to splash out on a ficcare to try.

You can also find fakkares for a lot less. I'm not sure where to buy them in the UK, but in the US I can often find them at Old Navy or Ulta.

Verdandi
January 31st, 2014, 12:14 PM
LWB with wathever I can find that will hold it (Pen, stick, fork, fakkare, knitting needle, my cats plastic toy worm (too bendy, bun sagged very quickly :laugh: )...) , cinnabun with fakkare or two claw clips or just a plain English braid.

tetisheri72
January 31st, 2014, 01:03 PM
LWB or disk bun, held with a hair stick or flexi-8, or a braid. I have a chronic illness, and some days even brushing my hair is more than I can manage. A LWB works really well on those days.

vanillabones
January 31st, 2014, 01:14 PM
Another for the lazy wrap bun. I love it it's my favorite hair-do ever and so fast and easy and the most gentle on my hair.

Agnes Hannah
January 31st, 2014, 03:08 PM
Claw clip or LWB with one or two forks depending on their size are my go to's.

shutterpillar
January 31st, 2014, 03:34 PM
Lazy wrap bun, usually held with a hair stick(s) or spin pins. If I'm feeling slightly less lazy, then I'll do a quick french braid.