PDA

View Full Version : If this was your hair..

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 12:47 AM
I thought it would be fun to do a thread where we post pics of our hair and ask..if it was YOUR hair..what would you do it.
Such as what color would you do or change, what length, what cut or growth would you do.
For instance I will post my pic and you can tell what you would do to it if if were you.
Cut bangs, grow to X length or whatever.

I think it would be fun since virtual makeovers and idea sharing is a good way to pass time. This is just for fun and not to make anyone feel hurt if someone "changes" anything. All our tastes are very different and I love a fresh perspective. If anyone is up for it I will go first and post my pictures.

Browneyedbelle9
January 31st, 2014, 12:51 AM
Hi Erinleigh, I think this is an awesome idea! :)

I hope you don't mind me saying- but you're hair almost looks like Caroline's for the Vampire Diaries and she has gorgeous blonde style hair.

I would probably make it more blonde underneath because your face suits the blonde. I'd love to an update pic of how it looks now- I noticed you cut it 11/6/13- how's it feeling now.

It looks pretty healthy in the pic :)

Any ideas for me- if that's ok.

My mum would get layers and put red in my hair- she likes the idea of red in my hair lol

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 12:54 AM
I had red all thru my 20s and loved it! my bf thinks it makes me look to much like my mom though and it freaks him out lol.
Let me grab a pic real quick.

Snorman
January 31st, 2014, 12:55 AM
Oh! Awesome idea! I will take a picture soon and upload :D I need some inspiration on what to do with my hair, anyways :)

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 12:58 AM
deleted by user

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 01:00 AM
the one in middle is quite windblown yikes.
so for instance..would you trim bottom layers til the short ones catch up, grow until a certain length them trim, would you change color, bangs, style.
anything. I'm thick skinned so nothing bothers me when it comes to opinions. Have at it

Browneyedbelle9
January 31st, 2014, 01:04 AM
No I think layers look very pretty in long blonde hair- I know hemlines are great, but being stuck with one mass of hair (makes me look more a child) but I think let it grow let it grow girl :)

You are very pretty btw x

ETA: I think you would also look good a brunette like my natural hair colour in my pic.

Any ideas?

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 01:07 AM
deleted by poster

Hypnotica
January 31st, 2014, 01:10 AM
I'll play!

What would you do with this?

http://i58.tinypic.com/s3fq5t.jpg

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 01:11 AM
holy moses! I need to think about this one for a minute before i commit a sin. lol
and what do you prefer on mine.. the brown or blonde?

do you find yours is more the color in the avatar or the posted one before I pick my choices?

Browneyedbelle9
January 31st, 2014, 01:16 AM
Holy freholy Hypnotica!

You're hair gorgeous- I'd prefer it at Tailbone or waist personally- but that's me. You have a lovely colour, and if you really wanted a change long layers?

I love that idea Erinleigh- Brown looks lovely on you.

Darker brown like Kate Middleton might look good Erinleigh as well.

It's hard to say, you're one of the people that can pull of blonde and brown and even red most likely!

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 01:37 AM
ok hypnotica. let me think. This one is hard as yours is perfect.
I adore both hues of the red shown. . I love in the avatar pic how there seems to be 2 dimensions in the color. I would wear it with a deep side part, sometimes in a loose crown braid on the parted side and leading into an exotic bun. Cutting the hair seems sinful but if it we me i would cut to inch above knee for "lightness" when worn down although I imagine it is up mostly right? Even that i do not know if I would do since the length is really impressive so I can see where that would present real struggle. I wouldn't layer it when trimmed though as not to thin hemline.. I like the really long lengths with the thicker hemline so I would only have whatever layers came natural from new growth. Wow that was a hard one! I really like your hair as is. Sorry not to be fun!
Oh! how long are your bangs? Any shorter bits in front?

Browneyedbelle9
January 31st, 2014, 01:42 AM
I second Erinleigh! Braids around your crown and a deep side part would look heavenly the colour you have at the avatar pic at the bottom is almost ethereal.

SkyChild
January 31st, 2014, 02:30 AM
Hypnotica, I would do nothing to your hair, it's beautiful! Well maybe an updo of some kind, a very complicated knot with a gorgeous hairtoy!

Um... how do you get your colour? That's exactly what I want mine to look like :o

I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how to

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 02:33 AM
i had to use photobucket (i went to the site on my cell phone and it let me upload right from my phone pics)
then copy and pasted the URL

Hypnotica
January 31st, 2014, 02:35 AM
holy moses! I need to think about this one for a minute before i commit a sin. lol

do you find yours is more the color in the avatar or the posted one before I pick my choices?

Uhm. My hair is like avatar pic, big pic and signature pic. It all depends on the light really. Under certain kinds of indoor lightning, it looks brown. Ah, the joys of henna....

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 02:37 AM
No I think layers look very pretty in long blonde hair- I know hemlines are great, but being stuck with one mass of hair (makes me look more a child) but I think let it grow let it grow girl :)

You are very pretty btw x

I don't think I would good with all one length either. I think it overwhelms my face a bit. Yet i am enviious when others have theirs all one length ..go figure

And thank you. I am turning 41 in April and am having mid life crisis so that was very kind and much needed lol.

Hypnotica
January 31st, 2014, 02:38 AM

Hm. I would def not go for ashy blonde, more strawberry blonde. I think that would go very well with your complextion.

Holy freholy Hypnotica!

You're hair gorgeous- I'd prefer it at Tailbone or waist personally- but that's me. You have a lovely colour, and if you really wanted a change long layers?

I love that idea Erinleigh- Brown looks lovely on you.

Darker brown like Kate Middleton might look good Erinleigh as well.

It's hard to say, you're one of the people that can pull of blonde and brown and even red most likely!

I actually have wispy layers in front cut in once a year to have some short bits to play with. :)

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 02:41 AM
Hm. I would def not go for ashy blonde, more strawberry blonde. I think that would go very well with your complextion.

I love strawberry blond. I have a henna/cassia mix i know would get me there if i did a gloss. Wonder if i should try it?
And you are right. Ash looks horrible on me. Brings out every shadow on my face and greys my skin.

Snorman
January 31st, 2014, 02:43 AM
Okay I'm in!
This is a quite dark picture, but it's the best I've got.
Give some inspiration, ladies!
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/svennyjensson/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsdfc2546a.jpg?t=1391161348

ETA; It's about nipple length.. :P And as red as in my avatar pic. No layers.

Hypnotica
January 31st, 2014, 02:50 AM
Snorman - I would grow the bangs out. But then again - I don't like bangs becuase they irritate the heck out of me :)

Hypnotica
January 31st, 2014, 02:51 AM
I love strawberry blond. I have a henna/cassia mix i know would get me there if i did a gloss. Wonder if i should try it?
And you are right. Ash looks horrible on me. Brings out every shadow on my face and greys my skin.

Go for it! A gloss is not a huge commitment. :)

Snorman
January 31st, 2014, 03:15 AM
This is me with my bangs grown out.
I keep going back and forth between the two...
Never really figured which one I like best...!
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/svennyjensson/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc4a530b8.jpg

ETA; And no glasses, I just saw... Will try to find a pic with my glasses and no bangs :P

Snorman
January 31st, 2014, 03:23 AM
This is pretty much as long as my bangs has ever been. Slightly past my chin.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/svennyjensson/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps57229f66.jpg
Thing is, when I grow my bangs out, they always get kind of wavy. And it's only my bangs.
Some days there's like a cork screw lock in just my bangs, and it's impossible to stragithen out...:P

Hypnotica
January 31st, 2014, 03:31 AM
Snorman - If you put in small face framing layers (just very small ones), the curly/waveness of the bang area hair would look really nice when you have the rest of the hair in an updo.

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 03:34 AM
Snorman If it were my hair I would go with the picture where the bangs are longer and have them blend into the cut with one smooth line of layer then grow them out that way. But not all the way out. Short eough for updos but long enough to sweep back when you wanted a different look. The pic with no bangs has a great crown volume that is flattering BTW. And one shade deeper red as i loooove that color which actually I think is what may in your avatar already.

i guess what I am saying is i would blend the bangs into the cut where it all forms together in light layers.

What would you do to mine?

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 03:42 AM
by the way Snorman i am sooo envious of your complexion~! its perfect.
my fav pic of the 3 btw is the middle one. hair looks smooth and shiny in that one and I like the bit of wave at the bottom.

Snorman
January 31st, 2014, 03:45 AM
ErinLeigh, that shade in my avatar pic is actually my natural color, the one in the other pics are somewhat bleached in the sun. :)

If your hair was mine... Hmm...I like the cut you have in your sig, but I would perhaps grow it to about mid back. (Maybe because that's were I want my hair to be...:P), I like the blonde better than brown, maybe with some highlights of different shades of blonde and light brown. :)

Snorman
January 31st, 2014, 03:46 AM
Oh my, thank you so much! Blushing here!:o

Johannah
January 31st, 2014, 05:03 AM
This is pretty much as long as my bangs has ever been. Slightly past my chin.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/svennyjensson/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps57229f66.jpg
Thing is, when I grow my bangs out, they always get kind of wavy. And it's only my bangs.
Some days there's like a cork screw lock in just my bangs, and it's impossible to stragithen out...:P

I like your glasses.

Just needed to mention that. :o

ErinLeigh
January 31st, 2014, 05:48 AM
ErinLeigh, that shade in my avatar pic is actually my natural color, the one in the other pics are somewhat bleached in the sun. :)

If your hair was mine... Hmm...I like the cut you have in your sig, but I would perhaps grow it to about mid back. (Maybe because that's were I want my hair to be...:P), I like the blonde better than brown, maybe with some highlights of different shades of blonde and light brown. :)

Girl I miss the hair in my avatar too hence why i use it :) Fingers crossed it gets back to at least that again. Yes i agree with you some more lowlights would be better on me. It was actually what i was trying to do but I got overbleached last time and actually had a thread moaning about it.
I love your red hair. What a great color grow naturally. LUCKY!

ArtOfNoot
September 6th, 2020, 01:29 AM
ooooo, I want to jump into this too.

Here's two pics:
https://i.imgur.com/gaC6x63.jpg?1 https://i.imgur.com/9mS47wF.jpg?1
One for the hair in the sun thread and one is a length photo

Dark40
September 9th, 2020, 08:03 PM
I thought it would be fun to do a thread where we post pics of our hair and ask..if it was YOUR hair..what would you do it.
Such as what color would you do or change, what length, what cut or growth would you do.
For instance I will post my pic and you can tell what you would do to it if if were you.
Cut bangs, grow to X length or whatever.

I think it would be fun since virtual makeovers and idea sharing is a good way to pass time. This is just for fun and not to make anyone feel hurt if someone "changes" anything. All our tastes are very different and I love a fresh perspective. If anyone is up for it I will go first and post my pictures.

That hair and color is gorgeous!! I wish my hair was that color now. Right now I am trying to change my hair color to a bright blonde shade. I want it more like a golden blonde. Or, a light pale blonde. Right now, it's reddish brown, and the next color it will be bright red, and then I'll work up it turning blonde. I don't want to drastically lighten it to blonde so fast. Because, I don't want to cause any breakage or damage. Yes, I am also trying t grow it out extremely long.