PDA

View Full Version : My almost one year anniversary since a big chop!

OrganicJewel
January 30th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Hi all! I've never done an anniversary post before even though I've been a member for a couple of years because I've been cutting out bleach damage since I joined and never felt my hair was worthy of any celebration. Bleach was the WORST thing I ever did to my hair, never again! I'm finally starting to see improvement though, so I thought I'd treat myself to an anniversary post and hopefully this will encourage others who are dealing with cutting out damage.

Back story: In February 2013 I had a five inch chop to cut out a lot of my bleach and split ends that took me to shoulder length. That was the shortest my hair had been in probably seven or eight years!!! The first picture shows my hair 2 months after the cut, in April 2012 (that's the best picture I could find). And this is my hair today, after having two one inch trims since February. I still have a long way to go until I reach my goal (I just want my hair to feel and look long again!), but I'm hoping I won't have to do anymore major chops and it'll keep growing.

Here are the pics:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/gingersnow/IMG_1207_zps943ca885.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/gingersnow/media/IMG_1207_zps943ca885.jpg.html)[/URL]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/gingersnow/Photoon2014-01-30at218PM2_zps4b12aae4.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/gingersnow/media/Photoon2014-01-30at218PM2_zps4b12aae4.jpg.html)

alexis917
January 30th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Great growth! And irrelevant: what's your tattoo of? It looks pretty!

OrganicJewel
January 30th, 2014, 01:53 PM
thank you! The tattoo is a portrait of the writer F Scott Fitzgerald and his wife Zelda Fitzgerald. I'm a huge fan of his writing and even more so, I've always been enamoured by their love story :)

G1ll
January 30th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Congratulations! The colour of your hair is lovely :)

Johannah
January 30th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Congratulations! Great growth!

MeowScat
January 30th, 2014, 01:59 PM
It looks awesome! You've been a member as long as I have, 2 years, and according to your stats, you should reach your goal in about another 2 years. Not bad at all ...as long as you don't snip off too much. Beautiful hair, congratulations!

OrganicJewel
January 30th, 2014, 02:05 PM
It looks awesome! You've been a member as long as I have, 2 years, and according to your stats, you should reach your goal in about another 2 years. Not bad at all ...as long as you don't snip off too much. Beautiful hair, congratulations!

it will be amazing when I reach my goal, though it's hard to imagine it happening some times! Two years doesn't sound too bad though! When you joined 2 years ago your hair was 18 inches and now it's 42 inches? if so, WOW! You have lovely hair!

OrganicJewel
January 30th, 2014, 02:23 PM
btw, do you guys think this looks at or passed APL? I haven't called APL yet, but thought it might be time. Thanks!

alexis917
January 30th, 2014, 04:34 PM
thank you! The tattoo is a portrait of the writer F Scott Fitzgerald and his wife Zelda Fitzgerald. I'm a huge fan of his writing and even more so, I've always been enamoured by their love story :)
That's awesome! I've only read The Great Gatsby so far, though.

lapushka
January 30th, 2014, 04:38 PM
That's pretty good progress, considering you got 2 trims in between! Nice! Happy growing!!!

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2014, 04:51 PM

I'm glad to meet a fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald. I love the movie the last of the belles. I know off topic but congrats on your hair growth and please stay around grow with us.

0xalis
January 30th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Pretty! ♥ Your hair looks APL to me, it's about the same length as mine. It's kinda hard to tell since your armpits are invisible in that pic! ;)

OrganicJewel
January 30th, 2014, 06:30 PM
haha, yes I guess they are "invisible". My hair is wavy, in both these photos I think it's one day after washing and flat ironing. (I promise I super rarely flat iron, it just happens that I only have hair photos from the times I have). I think I'll call apl in maybe a month :)

Kherome
January 30th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Awesome !

OrganicJewel
January 30th, 2014, 07:20 PM
yeah? Some times (most of the time) I think it's growing reaaaaaaallllly slowly and is very short, lol!

hairpleasegrow
January 30th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Wow thanks for posting that, I am a new member I just chopped 5 inches and I feel so discouraged lately. That makes me feel hopeful and inspired. Congrats on your lovely hair , beautiful colour too

swearnsue
January 30th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I would say you are at APL and just a few inches from BSL! You have a very nice and graceful hemline! Love it.

OrganicJewel
January 31st, 2014, 06:39 AM
Wow thanks for posting that, I am a new member I just chopped 5 inches and I feel so discouraged lately. That makes me feel hopeful and inspired. Congrats on your lovely hair , beautiful colour too

I'm so glad :) fwiw, It was worth it to cut those five inches. Sure my hair would be a lot longer right now, but it's so much healthier :) Good luck growing!

I would say you are at APL and just a few inches from BSL! You have a very nice and graceful hemline! Love it.

thanks you, that's one of the nicest hair compliments I've ever received!

I'm glad to meet a fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald. I love the movie the last of the belles. I know off topic but congrats on your hair growth and please stay around grow with us.

awesome! I'd love to stick around :)

OrganicJewel
January 31st, 2014, 06:40 AM
double post

Selkie-
January 31st, 2014, 07:14 AM
Your hair is looking lovely and very healthy. :)

jacqueline101
January 31st, 2014, 08:20 AM
I'm so glad :) fwiw, It was worth it to cut those five inches. Sure my hair would be a lot longer right now, but it's so much healthier :) Good luck growing!

thanks you, that's one of the nicest hair compliments I've ever received!

awesome! I'd love to stick around :)

Cool see you around.