PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Halo Frizz

kganihanova
January 29th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Hi all! I was wondering how you guys handled halo frizz. My hair is regrowing after a shed and its at that stage where it sticks up EVERYWHERE and won't stay down or in my braids/buns. How did you get through this particular stage of halo frizz?:confused:

Sarahlabyrinth
January 29th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Here's halo frizz after a shed for you :) I don't worry about it, just let those new hairs do what they want while they are little, they will have to behave when they are grown up after all!

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/2014hairphotos006.jpg

woodswanderer
January 29th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Maybe aloe vera gel.

oatmealpie
January 29th, 2014, 04:11 PM
I rub a tiny bit of oil between my hands and gently run them over my hair to tame the halo. I've used coconut oil, and today I used a castor oil/almond oil mix. A little bit goes a long way, though.

kganihanova
January 29th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I rub a tiny bit of oil between my hands and gently run them over my hair to tame the halo. I've used coconut oil, and today I used a castor oil/almond oil mix. A little bit goes a long way, though.

Would rewetting the hair work as well?

kganihanova
January 29th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Maybe aloe vera gel.

AVG doesn't really work for me, unfortunately. But it might have been the kind of AVG I was using.

ExpectoPatronum
January 29th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Ugh I just noticed this on myself within the last couple of days. While I'm excited for all the new regrowth, I don't really like how it looks! I honestly just use some spray gel on my hands from herbal essences to smooth them down. It worked until it started raining...

woodswanderer
January 29th, 2014, 04:47 PM
I use Fruit of the Earth brand and I just put a very small amount in my hand and dilute it somewhat by mixing a drop or two of water into it and smooth it over the halo hairs.

NativeSparrow
January 30th, 2014, 11:39 AM
I too am dealing with this recently. I didnt realize it was the result of shedding though (im having some pretty rad, unresolved, shedding since I started Co-washing). I am super relieved that it is new hair growth & NOT breakage as I originally thought. Whew.

I have been using Shae Moisture Coconut & hibiscus curl creme to smooth my halo. I love the way it smells & im pretty sure its free, free, free (of chemicals & other bad stuff)!! I also use oil mixed with a little water. I just use whatever I happen to have onhand. lately that is DooGro (recomended by someone on LCH of course) which I like bc its light, or grapeseed oil.

Johannah
January 30th, 2014, 11:41 AM
I second oil :)

Chromis
January 30th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I use a little oil smoothed onto the scalp hairs. This works best for me on dry hair. Wetting my hair just gives me wet frizz :lol:

woolyleprechaun
January 30th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Nothing makes a dent in mine. I had a simply EPIC shed on BC pills (Dianette- it blocks androgens) and now I have a perfect clown fuzz of regrowth.
Certain styles help, like Dutch or French braids as they tuck the little ones in, and oils and gels may help. I've tried the HALO rinse and aloe spray to no avail.

Selkie-
January 30th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I am also battling this at the moment and have as yet found no real solution. Sorry. :(

midbackorbust
January 30th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Oil is great like everyone suggested, or y

midbackorbust
January 30th, 2014, 12:39 PM
You could try tea or water in a spray bottle.. My post got cut off somehow :P

G1ll
January 30th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I usually rub a very small amount of Moroccan or coconut oil in my hands then run it through my hair before styling.

askan
January 30th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Oil wouldn't work for me so near the scalp, but I do use a little bit of gel. I smooth the hairs down and often make little french/dutch braids. If I'm going to the gym/gymnastics practice I want all the whispies out of my face, so then I do one braid on each side of my (side) parting, finish them as regular braids and join those with whatever pony/bun I'll wear =)

QMacrocarpa
January 30th, 2014, 05:27 PM
I mostly just rock the frizz, but sometimes I'll tame things a bit with a headband or strategic bobby pins if there's especially epic escaping regrowth in one spot. I haven't had success with oil. Dampening with water might work if I kept my hands out of my hair, but I don't think I do, so it doesn't.

lapushka
January 30th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I've mentioned this before, I think, but John Frieda makes a special serum for this, comes with a mascara wand:
http://www.drugstore.com/john-frieda-full-repair-touch-up-flyaway-tamer/qxp329714

spidermom
January 30th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Product-product-product. Styling gel works pretty well for me, especially if I start with wet hands. Trust me, wet hands make a HUGE difference in how your hair feels after applying.
Styling putty, wax, and pomade all work well when I feel my style must be super neat and polished; a little goes a very long way.

Right now I'm using spray gel on wet hair; it helps.

Yes, I have to clarify about once every month to 2 months.

Oh, and blow drying results in less frizz than air drying.

Sharysa
January 30th, 2014, 08:23 PM
I've never dealt with a bad shed, but I AM a borderline wavy and humidity is murder when it comes to frizz.

Normally I deal with it by just leaving it alone or putting it in a Dutch braid.