PDA

View Full Version : You have the longest hair ever!

Kherome
January 29th, 2014, 09:37 AM
I was at the hospital the other day, having a procedure done. I was laying on the gurney, waiting for the nurse to come. I took out my hair clip because it was hurting to lay on it and I unwound my hair to the front, over my shoulder. Just then she comes back in. She pulls up short in a stop and says with big eyes "Wow you have the longest hair ever!" (To which I could only laugh, because how untrue is that??? But in the real world, my hair is considered long...while here it's only a mediocre length.)

Anyway I had to share because it seemed like one of the weirdest/randomest comments I've ever gotten on a hair related issue out in public. I almost never get hair comments because no one ever sees it down outside of my DH and you all here on LHC.

Magalo
January 29th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I was at the hospital the other day, having a procedure done. I was laying on the gurney, waiting for the nurse to come. I took out my hair clip because it was hurting to lay on it and I unwound my hair to the front, over my shoulder. Just then she comes back in. She pulls up short in a stop and says with big eyes "Wow you have the longest hair ever!" (To which I could only laugh, because how untrue is that??? But in the real world, my hair is considered long...while here it's only a mediocre length.)

Anyway I had to share because it seemed like one of the weirdest/randomest comments I've ever gotten on a hair related issue out in public. I almost never get hair comments because no one ever sees it down outside of my DH and you all here on LHC.

Blasphemy! Your hair is very long even for LHC members!! And gorgeous on top of that!

NymphSpirit
January 29th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Aw that's cute! I'd have swelled with pride :o And even by lhc standars your hair's nowhere near mediocre! You're already in long-land while some of us are prowling around waist or even shorter :p

Angela_Rose
January 29th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Mediocre, my foot!
Anyway, what a fun comment to get!

woolyleprechaun
January 29th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Mediocre?! Never! My hair is just shy of hip, and people still comment and try to pet it on the rare occasion they see it down; I can imagine your hair causes quite a stir!

DarkSky
January 29th, 2014, 12:25 PM
If I saw you in public I'd say the same thing! I'd probably also be tempted to ask you what your routine is cause it's gorgeous :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 29th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Nothing mediocre about your hair in any way, Kherome, so don't ever say that again:)

hoopalou
January 29th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Wow… if your hair is mediocre what do you call us mere mortals who only have bsl hair?

chen bao jun
January 29th, 2014, 12:40 PM
You have BEAUTIFUL hair.
Check out the poll on how long our hair is on this forum, you are in with the longer people even here.

BlueMajorelle
January 29th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Mediocre? Nonsense! I'm with everyone else, your hair is still really long even in this community. Mine's only nearing BSL and have a long way to go to make it out of "mediocre land" and my mother is already telling me it's getting to long and urging me to cut it.

RapunzelKat
January 29th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Kherome, I think you have that hair dysmorphia so many of us LHCers get :D Nothing mediocre about your hair, it's thudworthy!

How funny though! I wonder how blown away she'd have been if she saw one of the knee + members...

missbexy
January 29th, 2014, 02:20 PM
I had to have a blood test a year (maybe 2) ago and the lady taking my blood commented on how long my hair was. I was totally shocked. It's grown a bit since then and I still barely think of it as long.

Madora
January 29th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Mediocre?!~! Kherome, au contraire!!! Surely you jest!:jestor:

Nadine <3
January 29th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Mediocre?! I wonder what that makes my 2 inches above APL hair...;) Your hair is beautiful!

Tini'sNewHair
January 29th, 2014, 06:51 PM
She was right to say that your hair is SOOOO LONG because IT IS! And even in this community (LHC) the average length is nowhere near yours (but I cant remember what it is, BSL/Waist or something) so I would have been just as stunned!!!!

trolleypup
January 29th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Kherome, I think you have that hair dysmorphia so many of us LHCers get :D Nothing mediocre about your hair, it's thudworthy!

How funny though! I wonder how blown away she'd have been if she saw one of the knee + members...
Good thing she was already in a hospital, because she'd need medical attention for her dislocated jaw. :misskim:

In my experience, stunned/speechless/incoherent babbling, actually do happen!

swearnsue
January 29th, 2014, 06:57 PM
If your hair is mediocre, then that is my new goal, to have mediocre hair just like Kherome!

RapunzelKat
January 29th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Good thing she was already in a hospital, because she'd need medical attention for her dislocated jaw. :misskim:

In my experience, stunned/speechless/incoherent babbling, actually do happen!

Ha ha ha! :rolling: That's awesome, I think my new goal length is hair that induces speechlessness in others :D

hairpleasegrow
January 30th, 2014, 12:18 AM
I would be speechless too, your hair is beautiful

lapushka
January 30th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Well it *is* long, no question. And gorgeous to boot. Nice comment to get!!!

alexis917
January 30th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Your hair is beautiful! (And I hope you weren't injured....)

Tressie
January 30th, 2014, 04:56 PM
What a nice compliment! Of course your hair is gorgeous and not at all "mediocre"! You just don't realize it, because I suppose one gets used to having long hair?! :flower:

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Mediocre nonsense your hair is long strong and proud. Be proud of the compliment and accept it with pride. Your hair is long in our standards too.

Nae
January 30th, 2014, 06:27 PM
I nearly choked and inhaled a little water up my nose while reading about your "mediocre" hair. *cough*

You silly thing.:spitting:

I am glad you wowed her!!! What a fun comment.

Nae
January 30th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I nearly choked and inhaled a little water up my nose while reading about your "mediocre" hair. *cough*

You silly thing.:spitting:

I am glad you wowed her!!! What a fun comment.

Quasiquixotic
February 1st, 2014, 03:38 PM
If your hair is mediocre, then that is my new goal, to have mediocre hair just like Kherome!

Lol! Me too :)

YamaMaya
February 1st, 2014, 05:00 PM
Classic length is a distant dream for me, I seem to have stalled at waist, I'm hoping refraining from trimming for 6 months might remedy this. Trust me when I say it's not mediocre :).

Agnes Hannah
February 14th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Oh Kherome if only you knew........ I dream about hair like yours!!!

ositarosita
February 15th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Blasphemy! Your hair is very long even for LHC members!! And gorgeous on top of that!

DARN RIGHT ... you have amazingly beautiful long hair.. don't you dare short change yourself

Horrorpops
February 16th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Ah what a lovely comment! :) Maybe its just where I live but classic is SUPER long here too. You're hair looks beautiful and I hope you're ok and not injured or anything!

Kherome
February 16th, 2014, 06:09 AM
I'm doing fine, no worries. Thank you all :)