PDA

View Full Version : Bangs + glasses

Snorman
January 29th, 2014, 06:24 AM
So, I have glasses and yesterday I cut my bangs, quite spontanioulsy...
Now I'm starting to regret it... While I cut I wasn't wearing my glasses, and then it all looked fine,
but now my bangs just sort of... lie upon my frames and makes this wavy thing out from my face, instead of framing the frames (if you get it?)
Does anybody else have this problem? What do you do about it?

I don't have any pics to show you, sorry. :/
but instead of doing this;
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvrgZa2N0ZgEaASxQcbsvR7284DoWnh 7_t7neN-WE0hBNZbqDp_A

my bangs just stand right out from face...

Anje
January 29th, 2014, 07:21 AM
I'm growing out from that. It doesn't help that my forehead is a little on the low side, so the side-swept bangs thing is a little tricky for me anyway. Add glasses, and they're a resting place.

I imagine part of the problem is that you trimmed a little too short, based on what you're saying. Which is a pain, but not a problem that takes much time or work to recover from.

hairpleasegrow
January 29th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Enjoy your bangs!

If having bangs and glasses makes you feel very uncomfortable possibly get contacts ?? That said I am sure you could make glasses and bangs work , it may just take a little getting used to.

if you want your bangs to be like the bangs in the picture above you may need to style your bangs a bit.

Suggest to cover a velcro curler with toilet paper and wrap your bang around it for a more rounded effect like the girl in the picture and you may need to spritz with hairspray to hold the style. That is the least damaging styling option I can think of.

the only annoying thing is when you are growing out your bangs you may get parts of them caught between the joint of the glasses. So in this respect contacts may cut down on damage.

Try not to regret your bang chop enjoy them while they are here!!! I'm sure they look beautiful :) you are probably just a bit shocked after the chop and you just need to get used to it :)

Auburndreaming
January 29th, 2014, 07:41 AM
I'm currently in the process of growing out my fringe/bangs and I wear glasses(I used to have a short blunt cut fringe). I guess it depends on the length you've cut them at the moment, because now mine are past eye length, they tend to hang around my glasses a little nicer than before and they don't stick out so much, and when they were I run my hair straighteners (I know not the best) through them to settle them down a little.. Without using heat on my fringe it just flicks out the opposite way haha. Not sure weather this helps or not but you're not alone! :)

cat11
January 29th, 2014, 09:57 AM
If your bangs are longer than your glasses they will get stuck in the hinge... I definitely have damage from that :/ And of course the "glasses bang shape" but I thought it was a good thing because they help them dry in a way that didn't fall in my face as much.

spidermom
January 29th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Hair that has been long tends to stick out more when you cut it because all of a sudden it doesn't have the weight pulling it down. Be patient; your bangs will probably settle down and be all right.

I have glasses and bangs. I can do a variety of different things with my bangs; I really enjoy them. I have a small flat iron that I use on my bangs only.

Snorman
January 29th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Spidermom, that sounds reassuring!
I really like how I look with bangs, and I will probably keep cutting them. Looks more fancy :P

sumidha
January 29th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I agree with spidermom. If you only cut them yesterday it'll take a couple days for them to lie right. You could try training them with water and bobby pins to go the direction you want them to go while you wait? Or heat, if that's what you're into?

I have glasses and bangs. Laziness plus the ends getting caught in the hinges and shredded is what's making me grow them out this time.

Kaelee
January 29th, 2014, 11:02 AM
I have bangs and glasses. Mine look like this, because I cut them myself and am too lazy to style them. :p

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/004_zps02f2be74.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/004_zps02f2be74.jpg.html)

ExpectoPatronum
January 29th, 2014, 11:16 AM
I don't wear glasses, but I have to wear goggles in lab twice a week and well...The bangs just kinda flop on top of them and look a mess. That's just how bangs are sometimes.

Caldonia Sun
January 29th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I have always had bangs/glasses. But my hair is straight, so I don't have to do anything to them to make them lay nicely. I do make sure they are trimmed right above my brows though so they don't touch the frames. Not only do they get stuck, but it just looks so unkempt if they are longer. At least, on me.

JellyBene
January 29th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I have bangs and glasses but mine are straight across bangs. I know what you're talking about though, once my sides touch my glasses I trim them up. But it helps to let your bangs dry before putting the glasses on that way it can't do that wave thing

Snorman
January 29th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I've ripped out quite many hairs by getting them stuck in my frames....

breezefaerie
January 29th, 2014, 11:43 AM
I have bangs and glasses. I've had both blunt and side swept and for me, the side swept works best.
I can always tell when they are getting too long because they don't lay nice against my glasses.

ETA: actually, looking at your profile pic, my bangs look similar to yours :)

Brattina88
January 29th, 2014, 11:43 AM
I have bangs and glasses :) sometimes I don't wear my glasses, though.

A couple things that helped me. The day I cut my bangs they're usually pretty amazing. If you have a stylist, try to have them cut with glasses on if they will or at least remind them you wear glasses. I cut my own or have a friend cut them, and I usually cut with them on (so I can see! LOL)
The first wash day after a fresh cut, my bangs never behave and are usually terrible :o LOL. Water and letting them dry with my glasses on helped... because I'm bad and I don't usually put mine on until I leave the house. :p I will blow dry my bangs (often) or straighten (occasionally) if I need to. I'll also use a bobby pin to pin them back and then when they dry they still lay that way when I take the pin out.
Sometimes they're a pain but ultimately I love my bangs and I will probably always have them, because I don't like how I look with all of my hair pulled back. I agree with you, I think bangs look more fancy or sometimes a little more edgy (on me at least) :)

DarkSky
January 29th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Bangs and glasses looks cute! Don't worry if they sit a little weird at times. The glasses can also helps to destract from that I think. I keep going back and forth between bangs and growing out LOL. I get the urge to cut all the time then I regret it. Silly me!!!

spirals
January 29th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I use a little body butter that I made with beeswax on a BBB to tame them and then flat-iron. I'm ok with the damage; it's only bangs. They were too short when I first cut them, but they always stand out due to my wavy texture, so I have to tame them. Dry waxes from the store work well, too. I really like BedHead's Messed Up Madness. It's a putty. I can only seem to find it in beauty supply stores, though.

Snorman
January 29th, 2014, 12:30 PM
DarkSky, I'm just like you! I cut them and then I regret it badly..
Although now I think they look pretty OK. Will see in the mornin...:P

molljo
January 29th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I also have bangs and glasses! My bangs are pretty versatile in that I can wear them straight across or to the side. To get them to lie flat (straight across) when wet and after I've put in my gel (also put gel in the bangs!) and scrunched the rest of my hair, I use a fine tooth comb at the roots of the bangs and move it side to side a few times, then comb it outward, parallel to the floor, so the strands fall gracefully on my forehead. I repeat this a few times and then let it dry. Repeat side to side root zhuzhing and outward combing when it's dry to break up any clumps.
For side-swept, do everything for straight across, except instead of parallel to the floor combing, comb the hair exactly how you want the bangs to fall. It helps to basically fingerwave it, where halfway down the bangs, you hold them against the forehead and comb the bottom half toward your temple, making an L shape. Repeat a few times, let dry. After dry, comb out clumps following the wave.
I've had bangs for a LONG time, and these are my tried and true methods for optimal bang management :)

ETA: The only problems I've had with getting them caught in the hinges is when they're too long. It's good (if painful) reminder to get regular bang trims.

Syaoransbear
January 29th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Ugh I know how you feel, when I had bangs and glasses my bangs would just sit on my glasses like some sort of shelf. I hated it. I'm glad that I started growing out my bangs.