PDA

View Full Version : How do you count your days?

Bagginslover
January 29th, 2014, 04:17 AM
A funny thing to ponder maybe, but I have been!

I usually wash in the evening, my hair can still be damp when I go to bed, so I have always counted the day following washing to be day 1, but what if I wash in the morning? Would wash day then also be day 1, as its dry for most of that day, or would the following day still be day 1?

I'm sure its going to be down to me to decide for myself, but how do you count?

Agnes Hannah
January 29th, 2014, 04:35 AM
You are not alone, I have been wondering this too! For me, it depends when I'm planning on the next wash, if is is sooner, I say wash day is day 1, if it is later I say day 2 is day 1 if you get my meaning. Yes I have fun with this one!

sarahthegemini
January 29th, 2014, 04:49 AM
The day I wash my hair is day 1 regardless of what time I wash it.

Snorman
January 29th, 2014, 05:20 AM
I just realized I don't count. I wash my hair when it needs to be washed. Sometimes it's once every week, sometimes it's 4 times a week.
Why do you count? I know that it's better for you hair not to wash very often, but is there any other reason?

Leise22
January 29th, 2014, 05:37 AM
For me the day i wash my hair on is the day 1.
I usually tend to wash it in the morning though, as i saw it tends to get more oily during the night rather than during the day. So i know my hair usually lasts for 2 nights, and wash accordingly.
Maybe it's kind of silly but for me it works.

schweedie
January 29th, 2014, 05:39 AM
Heh, I have trouble with this one, too. I think I usually count days when I haven't washed it, so "'day 2 hair" means I washed it the day before yesterday? Maybe? I don't even know!

Why do you count? I know that it's better for you hair not to wash very often, but is there any other reason?
Well, for me it's just useful when talking about how my hair behaves - for example, my hair can be completely hopeless on day 1 because it's so slippery, but on day 2 and 3 it's much easier to put up. :)

cathair
January 29th, 2014, 05:45 AM
I think I would count day 1 as wash day regardless of the time of day. Although I usually wash my hair in the morning, because I oil it overnight before I wash it. Also my hair tends to get more messed up at night when I sleep on it, so even if I washed it later on in the day, I would have slept on it which messes it up most for me.

It probably doesn't matter how you count it though, as long as you count it the same way each time *shrugs*

shutterpillar
January 29th, 2014, 05:47 AM
The day I wash my hair is day 1 regardless of what time I wash it.

Yes, this is the same for me as well. Most of the time I wash it during the morning or afternoon... very rarely do I wash the night before unless I have to wake up crazy early the next morning.

Carolyn
January 29th, 2014, 05:52 AM
The day I wash is Day 1. I wash my hair in the mornings 99.9% of the time. I believe only unslept on hair can be called Day 1 hair. in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't really matter what I call it. If I want to wear it down it gets washed that morning otherwise it's up or in a ponytail. No exceptions. It doesn't matter what I call the day. My itchy scalp and foul smelling sebum coated hair will tell me I need to wash it so keeping track of days isn't really all that important to me.

Lyv
January 29th, 2014, 06:47 AM
I always count the day after I wash as day 1 because it's the first full day that it hasn't been washed. I usually wash in the evenings but it's the same even when I wash in the morning.

SkyChild
January 29th, 2014, 06:49 AM
I change the count if I wash in the evening rather than the morning. So if I wash in the morning then that day is day 1 and if I wash in the evening, the following day is day 1. \This mucks me up a bit though, so I tend to wash in the morning.

Firefox7275
January 29th, 2014, 07:13 AM
A day is twenty four hours, it doesn't have to begin at midnight or begin when you arise.

bunzfan
January 29th, 2014, 07:43 AM
I've often wondered this too I've heard stylists count next day hair as day two so that's what I do.

excentricat
January 29th, 2014, 07:53 AM
If I wash in the evening, Day 1 starts the next morning because that is the first *day* that it is out. If I wash in the morning, that day is also Day 1 because again it is the first *day*. I figure most of the things that happen to my hair happen when I am awake, so those are the days that count.

Munnu12
January 30th, 2014, 01:49 AM
I've always counted wash day as Day 1 irrespective of the time I washed it at. Then again I wash my hair as needed also depending on the weather.

Neneka
January 30th, 2014, 03:21 AM
I got tired of counting. Now I wash my hair every Thrusday and Sunday or just in Sunday.

Sofialu
January 30th, 2014, 03:40 AM
I have never thought about this before but thinking about it now, if I wash my hair in the morning then that is my day 1 as my hair is getting touched, windswept, rained on etc, then I'm sleeping on it so by the next day it definitely looks less fresh. But if I washed it just before bed then I'd class day 1 from the morning after.

veryhairyfairy
January 30th, 2014, 04:52 AM
I'm with those who don't count days. I wash when I have time and it feels like I need to.
When I did count days wash day was always Day 1, but I tried to keep track of when in the day I'd washed for my own edification ("Oh, so my scalp looks greasy on exactly Day 4 and 1/2" etc).

askan
January 30th, 2014, 05:06 AM
I always forget to count. I'm working in the nights so I don't have a proper rythm and I get too confused to remember what day I washed, haha. I just wash when it's greasy enough, but I would probably say: Morning wash - next day is second day. If I wash Monday night and my hair is very greasy on Friday night, I'll count it as five days because I used to count and wash every five days. If it's still clean I'd probably count it as four, hah!

Stray_mind
January 30th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Well i wash every fourth day so it means there must be three days inbetween each wash day. That is how i count. I usually wash in the morning though.

walterSCAN
January 30th, 2014, 09:46 AM
I don't really count days either. :shrug: I just wash on Sundays. If I need to talk about how my hair behaves, I generally use 'wash day', '2nd day hair', '3rd day hair', etc... so yeah, I think my counting method hinges on whether I've slept on my hair or not. I usually wash my hair in the middle of the day, too, so otherwise that would probably make for awkward counting.

Stiria
January 30th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I usually wash in the evening, and consinder the day after to be day 1. I suppose it would be day 2 should I wash in the morning.