PDA

View Full Version : kind of nervous for my second henna dye...

Lohikaarme
January 28th, 2014, 03:31 PM
So.. Last summer I used henna to dye my hair for the first time. I used to chemically dye it red (its my favorite color on me) and my tattoo artist guy told me about henna while I was getting a brownishred tattoo done. So I figured hey, why not try it. So I looked up stuff online (how I came to finding this forum :D ) and tried it. It turned out really lovely and I was extremely happy about it. :) anyways... I wanted to do it again using the same recipe I used last time. But instead of doing it over dyed red hair... I'm stuck doing it over "temporary" black hair dye that I put in for Halloween and its still in it ( temporary huh?) But some patches are red again and my roots came in about an inch or so since then. So I'm nervous about putting it in on my hair since it has so many different colors in it :(. Has anyone else had this problem before? What'd you do and did it turn out okay? Sorry for the rambling. :(

Shatam1
January 28th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I would say get rid of the black temporary color first... How long before it washes out completely???

Leise22
January 29th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Did you try taking off the temporary dye residue with a clarifying shampoo? I think that could help.

Lohikaarme
January 29th, 2014, 04:42 AM
It was supposed to come out in 28 wish washes. I didn't think about a clarifying shampoo :) thank you.

Isilme
January 30th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Yes, get rid of the black dye first. Try to do a deep treatment either with a hair mask, conditioner or a heavy oil like olive oil. It will speed up the fading process and then you can easily see where you need to do your roots. But if you want to do a whole head treatment (you do know that the colour you get from henna builds up and gets darker, I hope) I'd just go ahead with it. All that mud on your head will also help to fade the dye. If not all of it then at least a good deal.