PDA

View Full Version : Changing hairtype/scraggly ends

RancheroTheBee
January 28th, 2014, 10:32 AM
So, I recently switched back to conditioner-only after spending a few weeks training my scalp to accept its oily fate. Success! There didn't seem to be any adjustment period; it felt totally normal after it dried, save for the fact that my scalp didn't feel all tight and itchy. But my hair has been slowly flattening over the last few weeks while I've been forcing it to adjust, and now all my hair is drying at 1a/1b except for my bangs, which are still 2c.

My hair doesn't feel over-conditioned in the slightest. It actually feels great. I don't think anything is wrong with it, but it's just super-duper weird because I have had very curly hair since puberty and these sections of hair have never seen heat, only a few semi-permanent dyes and a lot of hats. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

And as for my still-curly hair, it's part of a section of hair that hasn't been trimmed in a while and has also been growing longer than anything else (the haircut I had before was a sort of modded mohawk). It's feeling a little crunchy (which is totally understandable because it was bleached and the other sections weren't) and it's also a little longer than everything else. Do you think if I trim it, it will lay a little flatter like the rest of my hair?

lapushka
January 29th, 2014, 07:21 AM
I think it's important for hairtyping to clarify-wash, then condition /or not and just let dry. CO washing is not going to "permanently" change your hairtype, I mean I wouldn't adjust it for that.

I'd not trim a thing. Maybe a little micro-trimming or dusting might do?