PDA

View Full Version : Hair massacre? What do I do?

Leslieslsa
January 27th, 2014, 05:16 PM
My hair is almost to tailbone and last night I got super drunk and stoned. (Sorry if tmi but I want to explain) so instead of taking care of my hair and at least braiding it, I threw it in a ponytail and when I woke up this morning it was a furball mess. But did I deal with it then? No, I waited until almost bedtime and now I have finally removed all the knots with my comb. And it was really matted. Now it just doesn't feel sleek anymore. It feels like it is really frizzy and when I seek and destroy I am finding a lot of the ends are bent and curled up really bad. So my question is, should I deep conditioner before I seek and destroy. Maybe that will help smooth the hair again? What should I do? I was thinking about putting coconut oil in overnight and then doing a deep conditioner. Should I still seek and destroy tonight or will some of these ends fix themselves?

ravenheather
January 27th, 2014, 05:25 PM
I would definitely oil and deep condition before s&d. You don't want to cut hairs that might straighten out.

GreaseMonkey
January 27th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Give it some time after deep conditioning before you Destroy

alexis917
January 27th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Definitely condition before you entertain the idea of S&D!
If my hair dries in a weird way I get lots of kinked ends like that, too, but they straighten out after a good wash and some oil.

jupiterinleo
January 27th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Lol, lots of us have had those nights. I once went to bed with matted, vomited-in hair. Cleaning it out the next morning was not fun at all.
I second what everybody else said, to deep condition. Sometimes my hair gets neglected in a similar fashion and I find the mess goes back to normal hair after a regular wash and condition.

Hootenanny
January 27th, 2014, 06:44 PM
I agree with everyone else: do NOT s&d right now. Some of your ends are just temporarily bent and/or dried out. Totally normal. If you give them a little TLC they will bounce right back! :)

ExpectoPatronum
January 27th, 2014, 07:27 PM
I (ahem) do the same thing sometimes. Just deep condition it and it will be fine. :)

TiaKitty
January 27th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Yeah, condition first. No problems! At least you didn't S&D *last* night! Drunk trimming is the worst!

joflakes
January 28th, 2014, 01:08 AM
I'm with everyone else, DC first. Good luck!