PDA

View Full Version : Am I really 2a? Doubts!

lapushka
January 27th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Okay. I've always classified myself a 2a, but... what do you think? This is washed, conditioned (can't go without it, sorry), let alone until dry.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/138/8ar1.jpg

Bagginslover
January 27th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Do you have some spiraling there on the sides? Looks like at least 2b to me.

Valkyriejae
January 27th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Yeah - I'm seeing a solid 2a in the middle, with some 2b at the edges!

LadyCelestina
January 27th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I'd say yes,but I'm not sure what exactly do others consider the "true" hairtype.I think it's how your hair looks day to day that counts,not how it under certain special circumstances.

LadyCelestina
January 27th, 2014, 07:55 AM
And your hair is really gorgeous,be it 2-whatever :)

Firefox7275
January 27th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Mainly 2a, the back of your hair looks like the back of mine (but longer) - my sides are a stronger 2b with the front a ringlety 2c. With very long hair it seems to be easiest to type focussing on the ends since the roots can be pulled straighter by the weight of the hair.

Hootenanny
January 27th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! What happens if you scrunch it? I know hair typing pics are supposed to be "untouched," but I sometimes feel like curly hair is in its most natural state when it is lightly encouraged by scrunching (but with no products).

TiaKitty
January 27th, 2014, 08:36 AM
I think that's called 2LOL! No pinning down the 2's, in my experience... I'm all over the place in them, and even in the 3a's some days!

Applegirl84
January 27th, 2014, 08:37 AM
I get confused with this too. I "think" I'm a 2a as well, but I recently heard someone say that if you'rein the 2s you can't run your hands through your hair and I certainly can, but I don't think I'm straight enough to be a 1 :shrug:

DweamGoiL
January 27th, 2014, 08:45 AM
First and foremost; your hair is very pretty and full of body...love that! I have similar wurls, spirals, and waves going on during different days so I tend to classify myself as 2a-b. One day it feels like a 2a and the next it might decide on 2b unbeknownst to me :) I think your hair is the same. It's mostly 2a, but with a strong 2b inclination.

jupiterinleo
January 27th, 2014, 08:54 AM
It looks like you are a 2a/2b/2c. I'd say 2b would be a close enough classification, though not 100% accurate.

Quixii
January 27th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Overall, it looks wavier than what I'd call a true 2a. There are some 2a parts, though.
I'd probably call it 2b, maybe 2a/2b.

cathair
January 27th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Looks 2a - 2c to me, really helpful I know. Left side looks spirally 2c, middle looks 2a, right looks 2b. I think you should post more pictures ;)

lapushka
January 27th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Oh thanks you guys! :oops:

Yeah... right now I'm kinda leaning towards 2a/2b. Not daring to classify myself more of a wavy than that... Because 2b is tight braid waves, and I don't seem to have those very much, I don't think. Man, it's just "wild".

neko_kawaii
January 27th, 2014, 09:08 AM
I'd call it at least 2b. I'm a 2a - more wavy then could possibly be considered a 1, but not as wavy as you.

Wildcat Diva
January 27th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I'm just glad to finally catch a photo of your hair! It's lovely (and wild!) whatever it is. I'd take it!

schnibbles
January 27th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Beautiful hair, lapushka! :thud:
I'm voting 2b.

Weewah
January 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Id say you're a full on 2b!

AmyBeth
January 27th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I would call it "Wow!" I don't know the technical "types", but I love that texture!

lapushka
January 27th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks you guys, you are too sweet! :oops: :flower:

ashke50
January 27th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I'm not good at identifying hair types, but that is probably 2... something, and definitely beautiful!

red-again
January 27th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Your hair is beautiful. I'd third, fourth, fifth etc the 2b. I see some 2a some 2c lots of 2b. Lovely

lapushka
January 27th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Do you have some spiraling there on the sides? Looks like at least 2b to me.

Yes on the left side... a small bit, but I dare not call myself 2c because of that... I'm just afraid to, my hair's far too messy for that. I don't really actually consider myself 2b, because I just don't see the tight braid wave texture in there. Seems to be not too fair to the real tight 2b textures out there. My hair is just "wild". That's all. W-I-L-D! It's a puzzle, honestly, but I think I'll settle on 2a/b for now.

I want to thank all of you for your help in trying to figure this out. It's not easy for you guys, and it certainly isn't easy for me. It's 2... something, I know that. :lol:

SleepyTangles
January 27th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I like your hair so much! I'd say they are at least 2b, expecially since they are quite long and longer hair usually "straighten" texture a bit :)!

jrmviola
January 27th, 2014, 04:15 PM
2b? if im 2a and your hair has far more movement then mine then you must be 2b...

my hair typing photo is in my profile if you want to comepare

lapushka
January 27th, 2014, 04:39 PM
2b? if im 2a and your hair has far more movement then mine then you must be 2b...

my hair typing photo is in my profile if you want to comepare

Yeah... My hair is layered though, so that bounces the waves right up, might explain a few things. It's cut with the compact cut method for short layers (ponytail on top of forehead), and so I have layers from APL all the way to hip.

duchess67
January 27th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I don't know what type of hair you have lapushka, but what I can see is that you have a beautiful head of hair!

FallingDarkness
January 27th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Wow your hair is gorgeous lapushka... *jealous*
I'd say it'd be at least 2b.
I'm 2a-ish and my hair isn't nearly as perfectly wavy as yours is.
Actually, my hair is poofier than it is anything else. It also used to be CRAZY FRIZZY. Which was a problem. But now it isn't! :) I just can't brush my hair ever because it kinda just explodes everywhere. :P

lapushka
January 27th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Aw thanks you guys! :oops: I was so hesitant all this time to post a picture "publically" on the boards. My album is private, I'm pretty private (:lol:), but it feels nice that you guys don't think it's a wild mess (as I always think it is).

jupiterinleo
January 27th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Aw thanks you guys! :oops: I was so hesitant all this time to post a picture "publically" on the boards. My album is private, I'm pretty private (:lol:), but it feels nice that you guys don't think it's a wild mess (as I always think it is).

I was actually quite happy to see what your hair looked like. I see you around quite often and have always been curious. It's lovely. :flower:

Lostsoule77
January 27th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I'm always a little confused by the 2's typing myself. Still not sure on mine. I would think you are definitely a 2a/2b if not a full on 2b. Either way it's beautiful! :)

NataschaB.
January 27th, 2014, 11:59 PM
I have no idea, just wanted to tell you it's beautiful :)

lapushka
January 28th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Thanks you guys, and thank you for all your help. 2a/b it is!

Naiadryade
January 28th, 2014, 07:55 AM
double post :oops:

Naiadryade
January 28th, 2014, 07:57 AM
First off, your hair is gorgeous! You've got me all up in some hair envy over here. Your texture is great, and I love your length and thickness!

I'd call it 2b, because it's wavier than 2a but not quite 2c. I think that "braid wave" texture you're looking for isn't actually very common because actual braid waves are so regular, all the way across and all the way down. It's probably more of a guideline to compare to your average wavelength and amplitude. Hope that helps!

lapushka
January 28th, 2014, 07:59 AM
First off, your hair is gorgeous! You've got me all up in some hair envy over here. Your texture is great, and I love your length and thickness!

I'd call it 2b, because it's wavier than 2a but not quite 2c. I think that "braid wave" texture you're looking for isn't actually very common because actual braid waves are so regular, all the way across and all the way down. It's probably more of a guideline to compare to your average wavelength and amplitude. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much. Yeah, it is pretty damn thick... and now I'm doubting between 2a/b and 2b...

Agnes Hannah
January 28th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Sorry I can't help with the classification but by gee you have awesome hair, its seriously gorgeous, wanna swop!!